Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tractor seat replacement

  1. #1
    brynseiri
    Guest

    Tractor seat replacement

    Having only clocked 2200 hours, the seat in our JD 6310 se has collapsed, and I am now thinking of replacing the bog standard spring seat for an air one. I am 6ft 5 and weigh 20 and a half stone, so no wonder the seat is rubber ducked, JD want 600 for same as I have got bog standard spring seat, and 1300 for air, so am looking at companies such as KDR for a Grammer air seat, Big armrests and wide cusion (you can fill your own joke in there) would be a big plus. Problem is, no one in @ these companies to speak to about price and spec etc, all I want is a comfortable seat, dont need all the bells etc. Anyone got any experiences / reccomendations for where I can come by such a seat, with possibly next day delivery? Obviously I'd be calling them monday.

  2. #2
    fergie35
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Give capital seating a try:

    http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/

  3. #3
    si-mate
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement


  4. #4
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    I have a grammer air seat for sLe, only been in a tractor for 12 month, in good conditikn, your welcome to come and look at it, im in abergele

  5. #5
    organic guy
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Supposed to be a good supplier in Bristol who local machine reps points customers to who balk at dealer prices. Have no details.

  6. #6
    renoir9
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    I required x2 polyprop bushes for the slide/suspension base on a grammer DS85 type seat.... local dealer quotes 250 for replacement base ( same price as new seat ) since they don't do replacement parts. Grammer never got back to 2 emails and 3 phone calls so bypassed them.Ebay was cheapest at 155 plus postage for new base. In the end, a local who works a M.O.D. machine shop did them for the price of a pint (he said it was good practice for the new start).

  7. #7
    tweco
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    I got a sears seat for my 6420 and would recomend it , I got it from scott seating, very helpfull. IIRC, It cost around 650, its air suspension ,heated seat,etc, good sized seat , very pleased with it.

  8. #8
    Gerbert
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    If you would like a better ride, spent some decent money on it.
    I could get my hands on a 2nd hand high spec grammer for little money, one with adjustable bottom seat and lateral suspension. It really transformed the ride of my beloved JD 6610.
    A new one will set you back at least 1500 though...

  9. #9
    agrotron 150.7
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by tweco View Post
    I got a sears seat for my 6420 and would recomend it , I got it from scott seating, very helpfull. IIRC, It cost around 650, its air suspension ,heated seat,etc, good sized seat , very pleased with it.
    Is that on the 6420 you have now, if it is i can recomend this seat its very comfy have had an hour or 2 on it

  10. #10
    Mark C
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by tweco View Post
    I got a sears seat for my 6420 and would recomend it , I got it from scott seating, very helpfull. IIRC, It cost around 650, its air suspension ,heated seat,etc, good sized seat , very pleased with it.
    Ditto did the same, very comfortable seat,

  11. #11
    tweco
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by agrotron 150.7 View Post
    Is that on the 6420 you have now, if it is i can recomend this seat its very comfy have had an hour or 2 on it
    Sure is James, I bought it for the previous 6420s and when I swapped the tractor, I swappped the seat into the fresh one

  12. #12
    The Pretender
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by brynseiri View Post
    Having only clocked 2200 hours, the seat in our JD 6310 se has collapsed, and I am now thinking of replacing the bog standard spring seat for an air one. I am 6ft 5 and weigh 20 and a half stone, so no wonder the seat is rubber ducked, JD want 600 for same as I have got bog standard spring seat, and 1300 for air, so am looking at companies such as KDR for a Grammer air seat, Big armrests and wide cusion (you can fill your own joke in there) would be a big plus. Problem is, no one in @ these companies to speak to about price and spec etc, all I want is a comfortable seat, dont need all the bells etc. Anyone got any experiences / reccomendations for where I can come by such a seat, with possibly next day delivery? Obviously I'd be calling them monday.
    Unless you are a rugby player or a power lifter you might want to look here
    http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/index.aspx You can buy a new seat, but re-con hearts are a bit harder to find.

  13. #13
    brynseiri
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Got one ordered, Thomas Scott seating, I plumped for a KAB on special offer, IRON, thanks for your help apparently, the seats have to be drilled to take different base plates, so a Same wouldnt fit a deere according to the bloke from scotts. A basic Grammer would be 800 and could take a month to come, why they are so dear, well, maybe because they are the best? KAB seem to be good, but 500 with more bells and whistles I couldnt complain, hope it lasts another 9 years.

  14. #14
    TAV135
    Guest

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by brynseiri View Post
    Got one ordered, Thomas Scott seating, I plumped for a KAB on special offer, IRON, thanks for your help apparently, the seats have to be drilled to take different base plates, so a Same wouldnt fit a deere according to the bloke from scotts. A basic Grammer would be 800 and could take a month to come, why they are so dear, well, maybe because they are the best? KAB seem to be good, but 500 with more bells and whistles I couldnt complain, hope it lasts another 9 years.
    grammer the best you are joking !!!!! keep threating to swap the seat from my new holland (sears seat ) done 11k hrs to my mf grammer seat done 4 k and is slack and squeeks all the time !!!!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    do you prefer the KAB one then mate? thinking of getting one myself, the price seems good but are they comfy?

    Quote Originally Posted by brynseiri View Post
    Got one ordered, Thomas Scott seating, I plumped for a KAB on special offer, IRON, thanks for your help apparently, the seats have to be drilled to take different base plates, so a Same wouldnt fit a deere according to the bloke from scotts. A basic Grammer would be 800 and could take a month to come, why they are so dear, well, maybe because they are the best? KAB seem to be good, but 500 with more bells and whistles I couldnt complain, hope it lasts another 9 years.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3

    Re: Tractor seat replacement

    Hi I had the same issue on a JD 6310 on 7.3k hrs with a knackered Grammer seat base. The seat top is 100% however the suspension unit was rubber ducked...... The Grammar one had been squeaking for a while and I had gotten the nylon bushes to service it but when I opened it up it was past servicing so I looked into getting a replacement base and decided to leave it squeak until it completely wore out. I got this one and stripped out the old base and installed this one in about 30-45 min at the weekend. Was contemplating going the air route but was advised against it as the basic spring base is more durable than a basic air unit. Also this unit allows me to keep the original seat upper....

    http://seatsystems.ie/Replacement-Pa...cal-suspension

    Regards

    E

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •