Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TX64 Plus - still down on power

5020man

Re: TX64 Plus - still down on power

Hi.

Full revs do not mean full boost.

Full boost will only be available at full revs, high load and FULL fueling.

Full fueling will not be achieved if the pressure line from the inlet manifold

to the aneroid is blocked or cracked.

The same applies if the diaphragm in the aneroid is leaking.

Hope this helps.

5020man.

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by 5020man View Post
    Hi.

Full revs do not mean full boost.

Full boost will only be available at full revs, high load and FULL fueling.

Full fueling will not be achieved if the pressure line from the inlet manifold

to the aneroid is blocked or cracked.

The same applies if the diaphragm in the aneroid is leaking.

Hope this helps.

5020man.
    Full boost will not be needed to put the aneroid into full fuel position.

Jonathan

Message from father who has been in contact with engine people

"Pump settings out, spring broken in valve, parts by early afternoon" - should make for an interesting conversation with "trusted local mechanic" who is supposed to have sorted this pre harvest.

God I hope this sorts the problem out!

Steevo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

"Pump settings out, spring broken in valve, parts by early afternoon" - should make for an interesting conversation with "trusted local mechanic" who is supposed to have sorted this pre harvest.

Fingers crossed and best of luck! At least you won't have lost too many sunny days this harvest so far - hopefully you'll have her flying by the time the sun really shines.

spotty_dog

Maybe a bit too late in the day now but what about a s/h injection pump from a combine breaker such a John Manners or Burgess ?
    Or just trade the b**tard in for another model.

Jonathan

First day back in action after pump revamped - 1.8km/hr before pump went away and 3.5km/hr now with a 20ft cut in a thick crop. Engine is underrevving a bit so they are going to up the revs and also do a pressure test to check that everything is in line.

Again, many thanks to all, just hope we have finally cracked it - just half the farm to combine now.

Timbo_1975

Quote Originally Posted by Right-arm fast View Post
    Full boost will not be needed to put the aneroid into full fuel position.
    It will not make full boost if the aneroid is not working though! Catch 22.

Timbo_1975

First day back in action after pump revamped - 1.8km/hr before pump went away and 3.5km/hr now with a 20ft cut in a thick crop. Engine is underrevving a bit so they are going to up the revs and also do a pressure test to check that everything is in line.

Again, many thanks to all, just hope we have finally cracked it - just half the farm to combine now.
    PHEW!!!!!

scoobyjim

brilliant, bet your over the moon, i know i am lol

MrNoo

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyjim View Post
    brilliant, bet your over the moon, i know i am lol
    +1!!!!! It must seem like a little dragster now!!!!

Exfarmer

Glad you are sorted
    It must be a great relief

Right-arm fast

Glad its sorted. You didnt say what the problem was in the end.

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo_1975 View Post
    It will not make full boost if the aneroid is not working though! Catch 22.
    Fair comment Timbo. Though if the aneroid is not working no amount of boost would make any difference to the reducion in engine power anyways. Unless im missing something else.

Footsfitter

Quote Originally Posted by Right-arm fast View Post
    Fair comment Timbo. Though if the aneroid is not working no amount of boost would make any difference to the reducion in engine power anyways. Unless im missing something else.

There was this comment about

spring broken in valve
    when the autopsy was done on the pump.

If its the pressure check valve in the banjo bolt for the return hose back to the fuel tank-same as we had with one of the TX's we had, you can't see it as it's a "sealed unit" IIRC all I could do was poke it with a small probe and being unhappy with the resistance the poppet valve in it gave I took the dive on a new one at over 100 back then.

It cured our problem, but I don't think its any where near as bad as the OP's loss of power, they have been unlucky to have several problems at once, albeit with the same unit but its never easy when you have more than on fault and they are all interconnected

Looking forward to the full pathologists report at the end of this saga!

ff

Jonathan

To date I understand the following items were wrong and please bare in mind this comes second hand and from a land agent

1. Spring in pump broken and small ball missing from valve?
    2. Goveners incorrectly set
    3. Pressure in the pump gallery not high enough (linked to point 1)
    3. Pump incorrectly set for the engine and power requirments
    4. Engine still underrevving and due to be adjusted up today

This is obviously the village idots report, the pathologists will follow when I have a chat with the excellent people at Colchester Fuel Injection Ltd.

james d geoghegan

I had a problem with the pump on the jcb416, took it off and brought it to a repair company , he listed out a lot of damage done by bad fuel , he repaired it and charged 800 for the job , we put it back on and could not get the engine primed or started , took the pump off again and brought it back to him , he tested it on the testing rig , showed me it cracking all the injectors and said it was perfect , we put it back on and eventualy got it running but my mecanic said that it still wasnt right , it just did not sound right and was down on power , a month later it went low on fuel and we could not get it started , so we took it off again and brought it to a differant company who found more parts needed replacing , he did the job and we put it back on , it fired up straight away and has run perfect ever since . A pump problem solved by Tullamore Diesel Electrict. There is an old saying here "docters differ and patients die". Very true in both these cases.

Footsfitter

To date I understand the following items were wrong and please bare in mind this comes second hand and from a land agent

1. Spring in pump broken and small ball missing from valve?
    2. Goveners incorrectly set
    3. Pressure in the pump gallery not high enough (linked to point 1)
    3. Pump incorrectly set for the engine and power requirments
    4. Engine still underrevving and due to be adjusted up today

This is obviously the village idots report, the pathologists will follow when I have a chat with the excellent people at Colchester Fuel Injection Ltd.

Really peeved as I kept the old banjo bolt/valve on my desk for years (with other "souvenirs") and I think it only got thrown in the last year or two! Kept it just to look at & remember the price as it was top priority to get fixed asap so fast fix was a genuine CNH part...............expect a Bosch part would be less painful

Your old chap will be pleased now he can romp on!

ff

Jonathan

Here is the brief report from CFI

"The things we found with the pump were: Pump pressure return/pressurising valve was defective which would have caused very low fuel pressure within the pump. These pumps need 1.5 to 2.00 bars fuel pressure within the pump gallery minimum to deliver correct fuel quantities. When we then tested the pump we found: fuel deliveries well out of specification (too high) and the governor unable to reduce the fuel delivery low enough at the top rpm setting, this would lead to engine over-speeding, as the governor as set was unable to cut the fuel delivery low enough to stabilise the no-load rpm. We reset the pump and supplied a new fuel return pressure valve."

And there you have it - the person who supposedly 'sorted' the pump before harvest needs to start running, about now!

davidroberts30

Here is the brief report from CFI

"The things we found with the pump were: Pump pressure return/pressurising valve was defective which would have caused very low fuel pressure within the pump. These pumps need 1.5 to 2.00 bars fuel pressure within the pump gallery minimum to deliver correct fuel quantities. When we then tested the pump we found: fuel deliveries well out of specification (too high) and the governor unable to reduce the fuel delivery low enough at the top rpm setting, this would lead to engine over-speeding, as the governor as set was unable to cut the fuel delivery low enough to stabilise the no-load rpm. We reset the pump and supplied a new fuel return pressure valve."

And there you have it - the person who supposedly 'sorted' the pump before harvest needs to start running, about now!
    classic case of "dont know what your doing" and open everything to see if it helps

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    There was this comment about

when the autopsy was done on the pump.

If its the pressure check valve in the banjo bolt for the return hose back to the fuel tank-same as we had with one of the TX's we had, you can't see it as it's a "sealed unit" IIRC all I could do was poke it with a small probe and being unhappy with the resistance the poppet valve in it gave I took the dive on a new one at over 100 back then.

It cured our problem, but I don't think its any where near as bad as the OP's loss of power, they have been unlucky to have several problems at once, albeit with the same unit but its never easy when you have more than on fault and they are all interconnected

Looking forward to the full pathologists report at the end of this saga!

ff

FF I was just refering to Timbos comment, not the pressure regulating valve and the outcome of the pump investigations.
    No wonder it was a bit of mystery when the pump is taken off for testing and comes back with faults ! Just glad its finally sorted for Jonathon and his dad.