Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What% of rape have you cut

aardvark

Re: What% of rape have you cut

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    that hasn't worked around here - went to help a neighbur who's small old Claas that wasn't a lot bigger than my landrover was getting stuck

I can't see many combines selling without wheels after a year like this !
    They would be a bugger to move about without wheels!!!!! (or even tracks).

lordbonville

Two thirds done now. Averaging a little over 4t/ha. The worst and best bits left to do.

willb

Thanks to a serious breack down we still have 120/220 acres left to cut. Averaging about 1.25t/acre:cry:

Problem is that we have left the flattest worst bit till last. In fact it is all flat.

This year has really highlighted the need for reliable combining.

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by willb View Post
    Thanks to a serious breack down we still have 120/220 acres left to cut. Averaging about 1.25t/acre:cry:

Problem is that we have left the flattest worst bit till last. In fact it is all flat.

This year has really highlighted the need for reliable combining.
    And varieties of all crops that stand well.

Seat Right Back

2/3 done . Just finished some very flat Excalibur for a neighbour , back onto ours which isn't so flat but the rape down in the wheelings doesn't want to cut very well in these damp conditions making for very slow progress

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by Seat Right Back View Post
    2/3 done . Just finished some very flat Excalibur for a neighbour , back onto ours which isn't so flat but the rape down in the wheelings doesn't want to cut very well in these damp conditions making for very slow progress
    Our excalibre was very flat too. Never going to grow it again as it was this the buggered our yields. The compass was leaning and yielded well for the season just need to see what the oils will be now.

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    that hasn't worked around here - went to help a neighbur who's small old Claas that wasn't a lot bigger than my landrover was getting stuck

I can't see many combines selling without wheels after a year like this !
    Trouble with the smaller combines they still weigh a fair bit but the wheels equipment is a lot lot smaller in relation. We helped our neighbour out with his harvest in 2007 our Claas 460 on 800 tyres was leaving far less of a mess than his 98 (dont know the tyre size). I had to cut parts of some fields he couldnt do. Your on light grounf though Clive so tracks in a wet season are probably a must for you. Our heavy ground carries the kit well, you just have watch out the odd place at the bottom of banks by the ditches !

Wombat

Finished our compass today, looked great, masses going up the combine but yield was poor.

Spent a while looking for the hole on the fresh to us combine but little being left on the floor maybe just the year

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Right-arm fast View Post
    Trouble with the smaller combines they still weigh a fair bit but the wheels equipment is a lot lot smaller in relation. We helped our neighbour out with his harvest in 2007 our Claas 460 on 800 tyres was leaving far less of a mess than his 98 (dont know the tyre size). I had to cut parts of some fields he couldnt do. Your on light grounf though Clive so tracks in a wet season are probably a must for you. Our heavy ground carries the kit well, you just have watch out the odd place at the bottom of banks by the ditches !
    Even tracks failed us yesterday - helping another neighbour out and we got it stuck, came out pretty easy though really

was on lighter land , as you say bottomless and the heavier stuff although seemingly wetter actually travels better

willb

Checked into the ranch this evening. Cutting the flat stuff today at 1t/acre.

More pod mite damage than it being flat.

Rob Holmes

Finished OSR on Sunday, done 40% of barley

OSR yields averaged 3.8t/ha with Compass the variety of the year, all standing and better specific weights, (trailers weighed 0.5 t heavier when in the Compass)

Barley's looking like it's doing 8t/ha

CORK

Just getting the weights & mc's back on our WOSR. Looks very encouraging for the year that's in it. 4.2tn/ha yield corrected to 9%mc.

Glad its off the field considering the storm that we've had here so far today.....

henery

Finished yesterday....rape that is, if we average 1.4 t/ ac I will be amazed. Compass was relatively good, pr46.......less so :cry::cry:
    It's in the shed and dry, all bar a couple of loads. Three and a half hours torrential rain so far this morning and still raining.

willb

10 acres left. Can probably call it 1.2t/acre, not 1t but still the worst I've read on this website.

Combine is still being a shit too.

Seat Right Back

53 acres left now , thought about turning the key on the combine at 12 because the wind and sun had done its best and then rolled in another rain cloud and that put paid to that thought

lordbonville

Finished last night despite header auger and feederhouse elevator slip clutches slipping. Spent too long trying to clear every time.

Surely a slip clutch is designed to stop when a blockage occurs and then the reverser has enough umph to spit it back out. At least that's how I remember a Claas operating. (Ah little daydream about the good olde days).

Having recalibrated the yield meter numerous times to perfect the yield maps I was a little disappointed with the last 50 acres, which I thought would do nearly 2 t/acre. Anyway, this morning I weighed the loads over the weighbridge and the tooth fairy must have put some more in overnight.
    It couldnt possibly be anything to do with JD technology not being all it's cracked up to be.
    700 acres of wheat to prove why it deserves to stay??

The crofter

50% cut. Cracker was swathed and harvested last weekend after 15 Days in the bout @ 14% moisture. The Catana to be Direct cut after this rain passes.

Right-arm fast

Quote Originally Posted by lordbonville View Post
    Finished last night despite header auger and feederhouse elevator slip clutches slipping. Spent too long trying to clear every time.

Surely a slip clutch is designed to stop when a blockage occurs and then the reverser has enough umph to spit it back out. At least that's how I remember a Claas operating. (Ah little daydream about the good olde days).

Having recalibrated the yield meter numerous times to perfect the yield maps I was a little disappointed with the last 50 acres, which I thought would do nearly 2 t/acre. Anyway, this morning I weighed the loads over the weighbridge and the tooth fairy must have put some more in overnight.
    It couldnt possibly be anything to do with JD technology not being all it's cracked up to be.
    700 acres of wheat to prove why it deserves to stay??
    Should have a pawl and ratchet mechanism on the auger drive, which effectively stops the slip clutch slipping when the feed auger is rotating backwards. Ours has so did our 2388 i think. When rotatiing forwards the pawl will ride over the teeth if the clutch slips.