Thread: Video of 1980's first cut silage with Ford 7600 and Kidd forage harvestor.

Video of 1980's first cut silage with Ford 7600 and Kidd forage harvestor.

When I bought this Kidd forage harvestor I thought it would be the bee's knees, turns out it was a mistake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZlkZ...ature=youtu.be

Re: Video of 1980's first cut silage with Ford 7600 and Kidd forage harvestor.

We had one on demo once back in our New Holland 717 day. If I remember correctly it had no feed rollers and chopping length was a bit mixed.
    We we kind of looking for a metal detector one after a few incidents with haybob tines so didn't buy it. We got a secondhand 719 with MD on instead,

I've given you a LIKE.

Golly, wasn't foraging slow before the compulsory fitting of multiple beacons !.
    Its Me

Crikey what a poor chopper.
    We used to run a 719 on a 7600 county in 3rd gear low box,that looked like 1st gear slipping the clutch.

think that 76 needed the spanner and screw driver , not enough smoke

Quote Originally Posted by wastedyears View Post
    Crikey what a poor chopper.
    We used to run a 719 on a 7600 county in 3rd gear low box,that looked like 1st gear slipping the clutch.
    It was terrible, in the end it blew up and with the insurance money, I bought a Gehl 750, totaly different machine, I use one to this day here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by 7810 pilot View Post
    think that 76 needed the spanner and screw driver , not enough smoke
    She was a good tractor, I took it to Lincs Motors in Caistor to see what hp it putting out on there dino, pushing 98hp, the fitter wound her up to 103hp.

wellington , look on new-holland-club.com , go on vidio page and type in new holland forage harvesters over 20 pages of you tube clips of any thing from a 37 double chop to modern sp ,
    can you send me a nh 240 cut and blow drag chopper they look impressive ,
    any one used the jaguar speiser pre jag 60 ,which had no reverse on feed , taught you as a 12 year old not to push it too hard or you had to wind the buggar out by hand

We still have our 7600, Dad bought it new in May 81 9000 hrs and original engine
    we had a Kidd double chop though, we used to take the back window out so the forager handle didn't smash it.
    A neighbour had a Kidd multi chop similar to the one in the video