Thread: OSR settings for a NH 8060 combine

doubleacting

OSR settings for a NH 8060 combine

I have a 1989 8060 and just about to cut rape for the first time.Anybody any experience of these and what settings did you use?

RB

Re: OSR settings for a NH 8060 combine

on my 1979 & 1985 8070,s top & bottom sieves closed,wind no 1
    beaters 800 concave no 5,i guess the 8060 should be same,
    goodluck
    RB

Exfarmer

If you can find one anywhere a proper rape bottom screen( round hole) makes the job a lot better
    Try and keep the drum full and keep your reel out of the crop as much as possible as it will knock the seed out
    Cut as high as you can
    Do not be afraid of using the wind, we always use about 25% over the book figures

JamesC

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    If you can find one anywhere a proper rape bottom screen( round hole) makes the job a lot better
    Very true , when we had 80 series found old boy nearby who had set of round hole screens from 15 series and they fitted ! Lovely job , but those sieves were easier to get out than the new big heavy ones, late now but you could easy make your own they were only wooden framed with mesh tacked on and corner bracing, sample 100% clean , never done it since !
    Run concave half open then you can throw it full open for easier blockage clearance, book tells you to lift bottom auger but I find its better left down , block there better than inside.

doubleacting

Thanks for your advice chaps

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    Try and keep the drum full and keep your reel out of the crop as much as possible as it will knock the seed out
    Cut as high as you can
    Do not be afraid of using the wind, we always use about 25% over the book figures
    Hey, does anybody have a nice nh 8060 or 8070 i need one for the coming seasons.