Thread: auto steer on sprayer

SPRAYERMAN

auto steer on sprayer

Is it possible to use the egnos signal to control a sprayer on auto steer,or is the signal to poor.it would just be used for pre emergance on osr only.thanks for any views.

jim75

Re: auto steer on sprayer

Yes correctly set up it will be fine and on a good signal day even better

Clive

egnos is poor in our experience - good enough for boom shut of etc but not really something to steer

best free signal is JD SF1 and that is good enough to steer something like a sprayer

jim75

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    egnos is poor in our experience - good enough for boom shut of etc but not really something to steer

best free signal is JD SF1 and that is good enough to steer something like a sprayer
    Apologies I was jumping the gun, my experience was with sf1 aswell

Oscar

I use Egnos /Trimble 500/Ez Steer and its fine, set it at 23.95m [24m boom] no overlap and have nt noticed any misses yet !!

Tim Fr

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I use Egnos /Trimble 500/Ez Steer and its fine, set it at 23.95m [24m boom] no overlap and have nt noticed any misses yet !!
    I set my Egnos at 24m and no misses yet. Set 4m drill at 4m and no misses but have to nudge slightly if you leave field overnight.

SPRAYERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post

Does this have a hill compensation ,or would you still struggle in valleys or slopes??

jim75

Has it built in so no worries

Krampeman

Sat in a Fendt with topcon auto steer using egos the other day. The tractor stood for 15 mins and then would not pick up the previous track. I guess it had shifted by 2-3 metres in that time.
    When it was working it matched up the cultivator quite well though, but I would not use it for drilling.

Clive

like most free things it's worth what you pay for it

fine for some jobs though