Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FW articles on zero-till

Mayo

Re: FW articles on zero-till

Quote Originally Posted by Enry View Post
    T&L dont sell molasses....they sold the business a while back....I thought you would have known that Mayo!!
    I couldn't give a monkeys what their name is, I know its not EDF but I used to ring up and look for load after load of nutrimaize in the past, it is still available now to my knowledge? As great as EDF are you can't let them have the whole damn market.

As I said, British Sugar were just being lazy, the other players in the molasses game will get you an IBC of molasses to the tip of Cornwall if you asked nicely.

Kentish_Andy

Quote Originally Posted by shakerator View Post
    just buy molasses from british sugar and mix with liquid n

far cheaper more bang 4 buck
    There is one important ingredient you are missing with that mix that is in bio-mulch. Not going to tell you what as plumbo will be after me!!
    Also do not overdo mollasses. Too much will cause a population explosion in terms of soil biology and then when the food runs out you get a population collapse and could be in a worse position than when you started.

Clive

20kgs molasses plus 20kg liquid urea in 100L/ha of water - that's what I'm tryig anyway

you need the right molasses as well - some types won't go through a sprayer very well I'm told

York

Thanks to FWI.
    got the issue so I can read the articles.
    Very nice customer service, even for non customers. Don't know how to call me in this case.
    York-Th.

martian

Just seen this weeks FW and (shortly, surely Sir) Will Scale's question and answer pages on No-till. Excellent stuff, well done Will

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Just seen this weeks FW and (shortly, surely Sir) Will Scale's question and answer pages on No-till. Excellent stuff, well done Will
    What if I'm lying!

strip-till-phil

Read it last week online

Here it is if anyone wants a read

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/16/08/...t-drilling.htm

York

Quote Originally Posted by Willscale View Post
    What if I'm lying!
    with so much paid world wide travelling and interviewing 1st hand the world wide accepted & recognised experts it's impossible to be able to do this. I don't know a 2nd person of this likes on the island who went through this depth of acquiring top notch knowledge.

However there was not a single expert on the agenda which coped with the specific conditions of this beloved iland ;-)
    Cheers
    York-Th.