Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: new mizuri for this year

  1. #1
    reggie75
    Guest

    new mizuri for this year

    taken the plunge this year and jumped on the band wagon lol.alot of rape drilling already booked in and more intressed in cereals,time will tell


  2. #2
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Couldn't you pull a 4 metre with that tractor?

  3. #3
    reggie75
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere View Post
    Couldn't you pull a 4 metre with that tractor?
    to be honest going by yesterdays performance 3mt is nearly to much. 4mph at 7" deep and she was on her knees on the heavey land,saying that ive not been impressed with the performance of this tractor since day one,but the men in white coats say its fine,7930 going on it at the end of the month

  4. #4
    agricontract
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Looks a smart outfit seems a bit power hungry though good luck with it Im sure you will be busy

  5. #5
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    I really like these drills but 220 hp for a 3 metre on 2000 acres is going to push it a bit surely. I would need 300 hp for a 4 metre?

  6. #6
    crooky
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Judging by the demo we had in spring, if you are on heavy land, then yes you will need 300hp on a 4m.
    The 3m demo drill was pulled by Mzuri's own 200+hp tractor and at the heavy end of the field it was compleatly on its knees and down to less than 4kph.

  7. #7
    REB1952
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    What are the ground conditions like that's swallowing over 200hp on a 3m version?

    Our rape was put in with a 3m Mzuri last year with a chipped TM165 on the front (~190hp) and its only problem was traction due to lack of weight when greasy on top. That was on clay soils going down 7" and IIRC the driver didn't have the TM running flat out either to maintain a reasonable pace. My impression then was our JD 6930 would have handled a 3m trailed except maybe up steeper ground.

  8. #8
    mud6920s
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    What are these Mzuri drills costing to buy

  9. #9
    crooky
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Quote Originally Posted by REB1952 View Post
    What are the ground conditions like that's swallowing over 200hp on a 3m version?

    Our rape was put in with a 3m Mzuri last year with a chipped TM165 on the front (~190hp) and its only problem was traction due to lack of weight when greasy on top. That was on clay soils going down 7" and IIRC the driver didn't have the TM running flat out either to maintain a reasonable pace. My impression then was our JD 6930 would have handled a 3m trailed except maybe up steeper ground.
    Well our case, we were drilling s beans into heavy clay, heavy land.
    Having seen a Mzuri on this farm and a Versadrill over the hedge, for both these machines on land round here,
    3m=200+
    4m=300
    to boss them.

    I'm sure on loams and sands 160-170hp would be ok.

  10. #10
    Willscale
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Quote Originally Posted by crooky View Post
    W
    Having seen a Mzuri on this farm and a Versadrill over the hedge, for both these machines on land round here,
    3m=200+
    4m=300
    to boss them.

    I'm sure on loams and sands 160-170hp would be ok.

    Conservation Agriculture?

  11. #11
    Fendty
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    They look an excellent machine and the trailed version takes the weight of the rear links, but surely to achieve maximum traction they need to pulled on the lower link arms with a weight transfer system,which you will find massey ferguson made 50 years ago, for 2wds ploughing and cultivating even towing trailers.

  12. #12
    reggie75
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    valid points and im reserving judgment till we try it on the 7930 (not convinced about the 7830) we're on heavy to loam soil and this year its a bit tight to pull through,it is a dead pull admitted, hopfully the vario trans will be better on forward motion

  13. #13
    Feldspar
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Willscale View Post
    Conservation Agriculture?
    It is compared to what we do at the moment on the bulk of our land! :cry:

  14. #14
    York
    Guest

    Re: new mizuri for this year

    Quote Originally Posted by crooky View Post
    Well our case, we were drilling s beans into heavy clay, heavy land.
    Having seen a Mzuri on this farm and a Versadrill over the hedge, for both these machines on land round here,
    3m=200+
    4m=300
    to boss them.
    I'm sure on loams and sands 160-170hp would be ok.
    I just remember about the big arguments on a Cross Slot to be a power destroyer..........
    And there are 3 m CS drills which are now operated with 145 hp tractors.
    Always fascinating how perspectives can change......
    I wish every one good results with the drill he choose to get. Let's see the results.
    York-Th.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •