Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Wheat Yeild.

honest john

2012 Wheat Yeild.

I will start with 2011 wheat yeild. All Gp1
    For 11 tph at 81 kg/hl Sold, matched the combine closely

So far 8.46 tph at 71 kg/hl by the combine meter, not ajusted to this years low weights.

I think i need to reduce that figure by 12.3 % to match last years 81 kg wheat.
    So that gives a yeild of 3 tpa.
    33% less than 2011.

Should i represent mr ave, the Uk wheat yeild would be in the 10.5 to 11 million ton range.

essexpeasant

Re: 2012 Wheat Yeild.

Reminds me of that Bruce Forsyth card game whatever it was.

3t/a average national UK yield? Higher or lower?

I'll go lower.

Seat Right Back

lower !!!!!

Seat Right Back

LOWER!!!!!!!

Seat Right Back

HIGHER!!!!!

good game , good game!!!!!!!!!

Jon9000

Im hoping for 2.75 tpa when ive finished.

So far best has been just over 3 after potatoes, and worst about 2 on very heavy wet land

MrNoo

Well, I must be below average as scores on the doors 2.4t/acre average, with it all in the shed, not weighed mind but using the trusted number of trailers @ 11t each

Jaypee

You get nothing for a pair, not in this game.

SimonC

Same here John, 3t/acre average, all done now. Big variation though, from 2 to nearly 4 in places. All direct drilled, zero soil movement for 5 years.

Finished winter beans Friday, 2.5 t/acre, at least something has gone right this year.

Bramble

Worst 1.47tpa, best 3.12tpa (on a big field). Halfway through so far, will probably average 2.5 this year, down 0.8 on last year which was a good year. Trailer weights are well down 10 tonne trailers are only holding 8.5 tonnes this year. Lots of grains they just don't weigh anything

Richard

As a guide for those counting trailers, my weighbridge is showing consistently 15% less weight in a trailer than normal with moistures ave 17%, so dont go mad selling that "full" store because you will be at the back of the shed early!

Renaultman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    As a guide for those counting trailers, my weighbridge is showing consistently 15% less weight in a trailer than normal with moistures ave 17%, so dont go mad selling that "full" store because you will be at the back of the shed early!
    I did a bit of fag packet maths, backed up with weighing a drier load. and I reckon my 15t (good dry wheat) trailer, that I would normally call 13ish off the combine, is only 11 and a bit this year.
    I'm getting 9.5t of wheat out of a 12.5t masters drier, going in at 19% coming out at 14%.

Jim Bullock

+1...our 15 ton trailers (usually 14.5 tons - wheat) are only carrying 11.5 tons...so nearly 20% less per trailer load...then after drying from circa 20%MC and cleaning out about 5% (to get anywhere near 70 kgs) we have probably only got about 9.5 tons/trailer ....so yield...2.5 tons/acre...:cry: and these are what looked like our best crops...

Just wondering...if yields are going to down by probably 20-30% this will mean a reduction of income in the combinable crop sector of 560 million (if most see a selling price of 160/ton) add to this the money being stolen from the dairy sector...so pleased I am not a machinery dealer or any other Ag supplier because there is not going to be too much spare cash about...(Won't go into rents as it is getting too late.. way past my bedtime..and I might just make comments I will regret in the morning)
    2013 is going to be a lean year for most of UK Agriculture (there will be exceptions the South Coast, VWH, parts of Cambridgeshire...!)

TexelBurger

Well i reckon were about 50% down on last year which was our best ever.Fields hit by bydv(even after 2 insecticides) and septoria worst hit along with variety differences.

The Shootist

Loaded a lorry the other day. Usually when I tip a full bucket the weigher increases by about 1120 kg. This year when I tipped a bucket the weight increased by about 960 kg. And this was some of my best wheat - 68 kg/hl. So if you're measuring your yields by the trailer load you should be prepared to reduce your estimate by at least 15%.
    Think my yields will be down by nearly 50% on last year with bushel weights of the poorer crops in the high 50s and low 60s. With hindsight I put much of this down to poor fungicide timing. Never known timing to be so critical as it was this year. Neighbours who got it right by either luck or good judgement are perhaps a ton better off.

yellow belly

so far viscount just under 3 tper acre

still got 80 % to combine

most farmers round here only just started

farmersteve

Averaging 3t/acre here, one field has done better at 3.5. Bushels weights have been ok

Cordial 77 kg
    Gallant 75 kg
    Scout 73 kg

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by farmersteve View Post
    Averaging 3t/acre here, one field has done better at 3.5. Bushels weights have been ok

Cordial 77 kg
    Gallant 75 kg
    Scout 73 kg
    Whats your secret then? spray every week like spraying blight?

walter melon

Cordial 2.7t/ac, 61 bushel
    Gallant 2.6t/ac, 62 bushel
    Grafton 2.2t/ac, 58 bushel

All now dried and sat in the shed. Still got 80% left to cut. We are 30% off our 10 year yield average so far.

shakerator

Quote Originally Posted by SimonC View Post
    Same here John, 3t/acre average, all done now. Big variation though, from 2 to nearly 4 in places. All direct drilled, zero soil movement for 5 years.

Finished winter beans Friday, 2.5 t/acre, at least something has gone right this year.
    simon

was the bean yield on par with expectations or above?

we seem to have few pods but massive beans. hopefully compensate somewhat.

NRLP

Gallant 2.9t/acre (73 kg/hl)
    Diego 2.8t/acre down to 2 (72 kg/hl)
    Ketchum 3.1 t/acre (73kg/hl)

Still got 150 acres left to do mainly Diego.

JUST RECEIVED FIRST BATCH OF GALLANT SEED TGW OF 37!!!!!! (Mascani oats last year TGW of 40)

One tank full of drill will have whole farm done.

tomtomtom

doing 5 ton/ac easy here,whats all the drama

2 ton wheat and 3 ton of straw................

einstein

Those bushel weights seem miraculous in a season like this.How on earth have you managed that??

Grain_Buyer

samples in our labs show 65kgs on one farm, next door neighbour 75kgs. I'm starting to think later drilled stuff has done better.

farmersteve

Not done anything different to what we do other years. Didn't even do a T4 spray. Cant remember exact drilling dates but would have been end of Sept early Oct. Cant really understand it, its not like we missed all the rain either.
    Still got 70 acres of Scout to do and 30 acres of Chilton

SimonC

Quote Originally Posted by shakerator View Post
    simon

was the bean yield on par with expectations or above?

we seem to have few pods but massive beans. hopefully compensate somewhat.
    Shaker
    Beans got to 7 feet high and was worried that there would be very little light getting in but I did keep them green with hardly any chocolate spot to the end. Pods all the way down to within a foot of the ground so I was pretty hopeful of getting a decent yield. Only my second year of growing them, last year they were rubbish, two feet high, one ton an acre so I obviously haven't got a clue how to grow them reliably. Only thing I did notice in the winter, the roots were completely covered in ryzobium down to 4 or 5 inches.
    Simon

honest john

Talking to friend tonight. He has done no better than others BUT. Rubbed some out on another farm strong land. So whats the difference ?? The farm has had a lot of cattle muck over time.
    Not cut yet though.

gone up the hill

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    Talking to friend tonight. He has done no better than others BUT. Rubbed some out on another farm strong land. So whats the difference ?? The farm has had a lot of cattle muck over time.
    Not cut yet though.
    Three things i think..

1 : spray timings

2 : amount of rain

3 : type of fert used..

iron man

Just loaded a wheat lorry in the rain hope it will weigh heavier now,not so good for the moisture ! All that came of a 5 ha field of oakley,but even worse my brother sold if forward at 124 ton anyone beat that ! :cry:

A Trebor

Quote Originally Posted by iron man View Post
    Just loaded a wheat lorry in the rain hope it will weigh heavier now,not so good for the moisture ! All that came of a 5 ha field of oakley,but even worse my brother sold if forward at 124 ton anyone beat that ! :cry:
    Not going to win the unit cost challenge with that this year then