Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best pair of Wellies, your recommendations

Re: Best pair of Wellies, your recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by hillybill View Post
    Bekina Thermolite`s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Hope you're right, just ordered a pair.
    They are very warm, and the soles are about two inches thick - and slightly springy which feels rather strange at first.
    Similar weight to purofort, but do feel a bit more bulky.

Another for Aigle neoprene

aigle neoprene or Guy cotten thermals for jobs where steel toe is required.

Surprised nobody has mentioned LeChameau yet, you can get them in neoprene or leather lined.my pair are lasting very well.

Quote Originally Posted by track marshall View Post
    Surprised nobody has mentioned LeChameau yet, you can get them in neoprene or leather lined.my pair are lasting very well.
    Well I got some after you sold the idea to me As comfortable as any shoe and very warm (they were excellent in the snow)

Aigle are a close second with regard to warmth and comfort

I agree with track marshall I can't remember how many different types - makes I've had LeChameau leather lined best winter boot ever I am lucky I get home spun home knitted Jacob wool socks - but I have never needed them in LeChameau boots Wellies aren't my favoured footwear but not to many options Xlandman

Quote Originally Posted by track marshall View Post
    I bought the wife a pair of Le Chameaus last Christmas (admittedly not the top of the range leather - the Country Lady type) after reading the literature and watching the video of the french craftsmen at work - but returned them when the pair we bought had excess glue everywhere and were made a made in china (or it might have been korea, vietnam etc) right down in the bottom of the boot. I felt their ads misrepresented the product when they were a tad north of 80. Naive of me to think that 80 wellies would be made in Europe. Bought a pair of Aigles to match mine. Far better feel and quality at that price bracket.

WH (aka grumpy old man)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenHead View Post
    I bought the wife a pair of Le Chameaus last Christmas (admittedly not the top of the range leather - the Country Lady type) after reading the literature and watching the video of the french craftsmen at work - but returned them when the pair we bought had excess glue everywhere and were made a made in china (or it might have been korea, vietnam etc) right down in the bottom of the boot. I felt their ads misrepresented the product when they were a tad north of 80. Naive of me to think that 80 wellies would be made in Europe. Bought a pair of Aigles to match mine. Far better feel and quality at that price bracket.

WH (aka grumpy old man)
    Always buy best boots and best bed you can afford .If you not in one your in the other.

Hi,

Another vote for aigle neoprene.

regards,

topdown

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Thanks, trouble is he needs good waterproof wellies in the milking parlour.

And another for Aigle neoprene, mine are 4 yrs old now, worn 365 days a year and still water prof, although getting a bit tred worn now, to me they are like trainers for foot comfort.
    Around 12 years ago i did allot of relief milking and found them good in the parlor also, chemicals didn't seem to kill them either when their was an accidental spillage. IHO standing in a milking pit is one of the harsh'es jobs in farming especially in winter so a good warm boot it essential, haven't had cold feet in these.

In the end I ordered the Muckboots Chore Hi, and for anyone else doing the same thing, because of the padding they are tighter than expected, and OH needs a size bigger than he has with Puroforts. They are not what we would describe as a heavy boot, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    7 years of what??? I may have bought my last Muck boot........ Treid googling the Bekina's but came up with several different styles and prices... Do you know what you have (S5, StepliteX, etc)?? Does yours have the plate in the sole for puncture protection?

Thanks.
    7 years arable farming, although that included a month spreading pig slurry each year but of course a three or four months each year with hopefully very little use! The days/times I choose to wear wellies haven't changed a lot over the years so while a dairy or pig man wearing wellies every day would be unlikely to get as many years I think the comparative last between the different wellies I've had interesting. The Bekinas I have are the Steplite X with steel toes and soles, the life as yet unknown!

Michael

I have tired LeChameaus, Aigle and Muck boots. I would say the muck boots are far too heavy and cumbersome and not ideal for someone walking a lot or who might be on their feet for much of the day. Of the remainder, hard to separate them, certainly the Aigle boots were warmer and pricier if I remember rightly, but also slightly thicker, which explains maybe why they don't perish and crack as readily as my LeChameaus did. The LeChameaus however, were a little lighter and more comfortable on balance.

There is perhaps an argument for plain Noras for stock/dairy men given their resistance to chemicals and non-slip sole, also the ability to wash the insides out.

Quote Originally Posted by ruboot View Post
    Does anyone know can i get dunlop thermoplus in ladies sizes
    It would seem the smallest size is a size five. I'm fairly sure I saw some Dunlop Purofort wellingtons in smaller sizes in one of the farm shops, [old stock].Whilst not thermoplus you could perhaps wear thermal socks with them,hope this helps Angus. I have just noticed a web site, safetyfootwear-uk.com and they sell thermoplus safety wellingtons in sizes 3 and 4.
    Last edited by Angus; 08-05-17 at 05:17 PM. Reason: just noticed something