Thread: leasing site for wind turbine

leasing site for wind turbine

Does anyone know what is a reasonable rental for a turbine site, 250kw with the brine owner constructing access and dealing with planning etc.

HAM135

Re: leasing site for wind turbine

We have permission for 2 x 225kw turbines and we have been offered anything ranging from 15 - 40% of Gross income (FIT's + export) with a minimum of 20k per turbine p.a.You will be in a far stronger position if you get planning + grid yourself.

z'snotdead

Quote Originally Posted by 514 View Post
    Does anyone know what is a reasonable rental for a turbine site, 250kw with the brine owner constructing access and dealing with planning etc.
    depending on how good the site anything from 10k to 14k or 10% of total production,which ever is greater

Quote Originally Posted by z'snotdead View Post
    depending on how good the site anything from 10k to 14k or 10% of total production,which ever is greater
    That's very much in line with what I've been told, although only an index linkedvrent was suggested not a % of output. I'm not inclined to put time and money of my own into it so the rent looks a reasonable option. The company in question needs over 200 turbines to meet their contracted supply to power NI so they seem keen for sites.

z'snotdead

Quote Originally Posted by 514 View Post
    That's very much in line with what I've been told, although only an index linkedvrent was suggested not a % of output. I'm not inclined to put time and money of my own into it so the rent looks a reasonable option. The company in question needs over 200 turbines to meet their contracted supply to power NI so they seem keen for sites.
    make sure if you sign an agreement that there's a suitable time frame to plan and finally commission a turbine. some have 5 years to complete projet which is a long time. don't hang about as the planning critera changes all the time

DM

If at all possible you are far better doing it yourself than leasing out site to a developer.

Leased land will not qualify for Agricultural property relief with Inland Revenue.
    Capital value of land will also increase due to the rental income received thereby increasing inheritance tax payable.

johnny400

15k for a 225kw.