Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 241 to 261 of 261

Thread: 2012 lexions

  1. #241
    jamin
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Around us here no make has got on any better than any other nh, Claas, case, jd and Massey have all been down on output this year if u are talking the rotary combines. The only combines that have gone well this year is straw walker combines because they have dealt with the green straw better.

    Must admit i won't be changing combine strategy after one hard year. All this year has done is given the boys in the south a bit more respect for what northern farmers have to deal with each year. I expect next harvest will be nothing like this harvest the same as last harvest was nothing like this one!

    Although stressful at times isn't it the different conditions every year that make the job interesting.

  2. #242
    gone up the hill
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Problem is these days is they are pushing new machines out year on year with testing them 100% in a variety of UK conditions, i have always been told : never buy a machine for at least 12 months after the first ones have been launched and any issues sorted out, Guys like Clive and Lee took a chance on buying this machine and it backfired badly from all accounts!!

    Logic tells you that if you increase the header size but reduce the intake size you will be heading for trouble sooner or later..

    35/40 FT header sizes are too big for most uk crop conditons, they may work fab in places like Australia etc where the crops are much lighter.

    Surely if you want to run such big headers then the way to go would be running a 35/40 ft header cutting as high as poss then following on with a 35/40ft topper and tractor cutting the straw??

  3. #243
    Condi
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Lad I know abroad uses a stripper header than swaths the straw and bales it. His crop (the valuable bit) is harvested very quickly and then the straw can wait for a while if its not ready, or if hes busy.

  4. #244
    Northdowns Farmer
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Received my fancy claas launch pack this morning, quite timely as i needed a new memory stick after seeing mine going round in the washing machine.

    They might find the model numbers are confusing to customers with the new 760 now been narrower and a replacement for the 750, and will it cover 3000 acres a season? Only dimentional differences I could find between the new 760 and old 570 is horse power.

    Separate question, what width Stripper would suit a 570?

    ND

  5. #245
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Dear Claas UK,

    Our Lexion fed evenly all year and had the same output as it did the 2 previous harvests. The sample was about the same and I guess the losses were too. It did break down, but you did a good job of getting it going again for the start of play the following morning. It has now been parked up for nearly 2 weeks because its work is done.

    Warm regards

    The Pretender.
    I could have posted the same thing for the last 8 years (and often have done) NOT this time though with this particular machine

    lets hope you never have one like it

  6. #246
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Northdowns Farmer View Post
    Received my fancy claas launch pack this morning, quite timely as i needed a new memory stick after seeing mine going round in the washing machine.

    They might find the model numbers are confusing to customers with the new 760 now been narrower and a replacement for the 750, and will it cover 3000 acres a season? Only dimentional differences I could find between the new 760 and old 570 is horse power.

    Separate question, what width Stripper would suit a 570?

    ND
    see this is what I wish they would stop claiming - 3000ac through a 750 replacment is just not going to happen in any season less than perfect IMO

    it is miss selling of these products and will only ever result in unhappy customers

  7. #247
    essexpete
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Condi View Post
    Lad I know abroad uses a stripper header than swaths the straw and bales it. His crop (the valuable bit) is harvested very quickly and then the straw can wait for a while if its not ready, or if hes busy.
    With the head stripped off and given dry condions would it be possible to mow and bale immediately?

  8. #248
    Krampeman
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    It is very confusing because originally their was a narrow body 570, then a wider 580 and 600.

    Then they moved to the 700's and I thought the following occured:

    570 - 740
    580 - 750
    760 (basically a 770 without jet stream??)
    600
    770

    So basically the 600 sat between the 760 and brand new 770.

    Now however they appear to have back tracked because the 740 and 750 become the 750 and 760 respectively but both models are narrow body, where as the 2012 760 was a wide body but couldn't have jet stream apparently. Then there is the 770 and 780 for wide body models.

    Whatever happens just buy a 1700mm wide threshing system version.



  9. #249
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    With the head stripped off and given dry condions would it be possible to mow and bale immediately?
    stripper headers great on paper but after using one last year I can't see many being happy with the losses

  10. #250
    TC
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Had a kind neighbour in this morning with his 570tt in to cut a couple of acres that we struggled to get as the ground was wet.
    We have a New Holland CX 8060.
    The sample was not good from the claas, the operator has struggled all year. One of our guys was in the cab and commented that the straw wrapped the auger a bit (7.5m header) and that he was having problems turning.
    There was more unthrashed heads in 1 load than we have in 1000t of wheat.
    I would however be tempted to change for the tracks alone !!!

  11. #251
    Condi
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    With the head stripped off and given dry condions would it be possible to mow and bale immediately?
    Yep. One day when it was due to rain he had the swather, combine and baler in the same field. Obviously it depends on the crop (including the straw) being ripe at the same time, generally the heads ripen first and thats when you can get in with a stripper when a conventional header/combine would struggle with green or wet straw.

    Regards to other questions about stripper headers; I couldnt comment on sample or losses. I just saw things from the road and a few brief conversations.

  12. #252
    Richard
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    see this is what I wish they would stop claiming - 3000ac through a 750 replacment is just not going to happen in any season less than perfect IMO

    it is miss selling of these products and will only ever result in unhappy customers
    Sorry but most of us worked out the Claas system long ago.

    Do a demo one hot sunny august afternoon, calculate tonnes and acres multiply up for 30 days and there you have a result to sell a harvester to a gullible customer who thinks he needs a big combine but can manage with a smaller cheaper one and deal done.

    When i buy a combine I tell them the model I want from previous experience and future needs, all I need is a price.

  13. #253
    essexpete
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    What is the ideal length of stubble for DD or min till?

  14. #254
    essexpete
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Condi View Post
    Yep. One day when it was due to rain he had the swather, combine and baler in the same field. Obviously it depends on the crop (including the straw) being ripe at the same time, generally the heads ripen first and thats when you can get in with a stripper when a conventional header/combine would struggle with green or wet straw.

    Regards to other questions about stripper headers; I couldnt comment on sample or losses. I just saw things from the road and a few brief conversations.
    I worded that all wrong. I meant to ask if the stripped stubble was left to dry out could you mow and bale in one hit.

  15. #255
    honest john
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    No comments on the CUP holder ???

  16. #256
    Tom8400
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    I think no matter what amount of combines anyone had this year the problem was..... No one expected quite what was going to happen, but after a late start and no real sun I think everyone started to think it will come right and couldn't push on well at the start because it was all still green

  17. #257
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Had a day on the 750 again cutting beans for a neighbour on Tuesday.........it still has the turning circle of the QE2 !

    didn't do a bad job on the beans though and tracks were the only way into the field where others had failed, hydro to be fair seemed much better now since they did something with a laptop to it so at least i don't have whiplash today

  18. #258
    Robo1
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    clive have the smaller wheels on the back then its alot better.

  19. #259
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo1 View Post
    clive have the smaller wheels on the back then its alot better.
    apparently the axle was fitted wrong at the factory ! not been sorted yet but that will explain that particular problem if correct


    there are different mounting positions for wheeled vs tracked machines and it seems ours (and Lee's) left the factory set as wheeled machines for some reason, no one at the dealer picked up on this until the last day of harvest when someone from the Class Factory was over looking at Lee's machine !

  20. #260
    Mayo
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but there must be something wrong when a company needs a fecking flip chart to explain their own combine range.

    Seriously, can't they stop being so German? 740, 750, 760, BF109, BF110 etc etc. I mean, Case/New Holland manage, and we just about get the JD thing.

    'yah Klaus, change de number, der kustomer will buy knew machinze!'.

  21. #261
    lordbonville
    Guest

    Re: 2012 lexions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the box .
    Well said.

    Leave it at that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •