Thread: Bushel weights

.Jack

Bushel weights

Through the country (UK), where are the best bushel reports?
    here (SW) vary between middle 60s/71

who will be scratching their head I wonder (I can guest) seller or the buyer?

Hillfarmer

Re: Bushel weights

Beetween. 70.5. and. 77,5. here. Best cordiale worst. Santiago.

ex_pool_manager_ha

74.2 to 77.1kg is the range here, very similar at both neighbours too. Think Suffolk has been fortunate this season, drought did for us last year though.
    Some of the nationwide merchants must have an interesting picture of grain quality developing.

willb

Oh to be out east.... 65-71. Majority about 68.

MrNoo

62-66

possumbility

68-74

Godber

worst Gallant 62-64
    Best JB Diego 70-75

NW Essex

Jim Bullock

Takling to a well known grain buyer from the "East" today ...sorry guys the truth is that most samples going into co-ops and mills are in the 58 - 62 kgs range ( with just 30-40% of the harvest completed in many areas)...and many loads are being rejected...
    I understand certain grain buyers are out in Poland and other parts of eastern Europe just trying to buy anything so they can fulfill their contracts....Chickens might just have to eat wheat at 60-62 kgs/hl...their imported feed might be just too expensive.

windymiller78

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bullock View Post
    Takling to a well known grain buyer from the "East" today ...sorry guys the truth is that most samples going into co-ops and mills are in the 58 - 62 kgs range ( with just 30-40% of the harvest completed in many areas)...and many loads are being rejected...
    I understand certain grain buyers are out in Poland and other parts of eastern Europe just trying to buy anything so they can fulfill their contracts....Chickens might just have to eat wheat at 60-62 kgs/hl...their imported feed might be just too expensive.
    we combined a neighbours, that did only 55 but looked good as a field, but yelded twice what ours did, same regime (we did it also) ours was 68 so just scrapes in but were struggling to get over 2 ton acre average. i haven't a clue what we'll do, worst harvest i can remember.

The Shootist

58 upwards Warrior
    68 Panorama.
    Big difference between fields of the same variety with same treatments. Can't really understand the reason.
    Just harvested a field of Warrior drilled after last piece of SB which was sprayed twice at ear emergence - it rained soon after first application so I did it again. Quite a bit better sample and about 3 ton acre. So I'm of the opinion that our troubles are fungicide driven in the main.

honest john

Talking to grain man in the heart of the strong land wheat area. Most was 65 and under.
    ie below the current bar.

Hillfarmer

I believe camgrain have managed to fulfill al their milling wheat contracts, Is your well known grain buyer well known for the right reasons? I would think that all that is going off farms in the east at the mo is lack of storage or just cant bear to have the rubbish in the barn any longer!