Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: John Deere

Re: John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughman 1959 View Post
    Does anyone know why it ended up in what looks like Cambridge Machinery sale ?
    It could be a whole host of things like change in personal circumstances or needing to put the money to better use. Let's be honest, most people need things a 30 year old tractor cannot offer, no matter how green the paint is.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Predial View Post
    It could be a whole host of things like change in personal circumstances or needing to put the money to better use. Let's be honest, most people need things a 30 year old tractor cannot offer, no matter how green the paint is.
    It is not a case of the colour of the paint, more like a question as to why such a tractor went to Cambridge machinery sale where, rightly or wrongly things have a reputation for being included in the sale for one reason, i.e there is something drastically wrong with it.
    The tractor, if in good condition may well have been better marketed in the classifieds of CT mag or similar, seems such a shame when the whole history of this very fine machine is well documented.
    I whole heartedly agree that a 30 year old tractor will not compete with today's machine but this has nothing to do with my question.

It is not a case of the colour of the paint, more like a question as to why such a tractor went to Cambridge machinery sale where, rightly or wrongly things have a reputation for being included in the sale for one reason, i.e there is something drastically wrong with it.
    The tractor, if in good condition may well have been better marketed in the classifieds of CT mag or similar, seems such a shame when the whole history of this very fine machine is well documented.
    I whole heartedly agree that a 30 year old tractor will not compete with today's machine but this has nothing to do with my question.

The machine is only really to use to a hand full of enthusiasts. If the person that owned it needed another machine and this one was just a toy and surplus to requirements he may have traded it in. The dealer would then send it straight to auction and get something for it rather that having it set on his yard for possibly a long period of time taking up room (and capital) that his bread and butter could occupying.

Quote Originally Posted by Predial View Post
    The machine is only really to use to a hand full of enthusiasts. If the person that owned it needed another machine and this one was just a toy and surplus to requirements he may have traded it in. The dealer would then send it straight to auction and get something for it rather that having it set on his yard for possibly a long period of time taking up room (and capital) that his bread and butter could occupying.

In the American mid West they seem to be a very useful tool with thousands of very good examples used regularly

In the American mid West they seem to be a very useful tool with thousands of very good examples used regularly
    and that's where it almost certainly ended up. You'll probably find that they are mostly worn out and the ones that are left are just running augers or show tractors.

Seen a few oldys at a few shows this year and a few from work.

A couple of interesting 30 series in a sale at Rickinghall on the 4th June
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

I have seen this JD for sale at Saxmundham
    http://www.clarkeandsimpson.co.uk/au...ads/200514.pdf

Whos sale is it at Rickinghall?

Found the sale http://auctions.jupix.co.uk/uploads/1136.pdf

Anyone know what the JDs are like?

This little JD gives me the tingles

Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

This has been an interesting find. Filmed about a mile away from here where we live by someone that is only half a mile away. Didn't know we had professionals like this living so close.

In the very top right hand of the video still, you can see what looks like buildings with white roofs in the distance. It isn't, it's our maize under plastic.
    Last edited by JimF; 28-06-14 at 07:14 PM.

Has he done any more, Jim?
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wr. View Post
    Has he done any more, Jim?
    I've looked all over but can only find stills so far. A few nice harvest time shots here; http://monsteraerial.com/work/harvest-time

It's all belongs to this guy here; http://www.whinfellpark.co.uk/info/holdings He bought a fleet of 5 new JDs last spring.

http://www.awjenkinson.co.uk/