Thread: Reglone

Badshot

Reglone

Any reason not to use Reglone to dessicate my human consumption field beans? There is a bit about consulting the processor of peas but nothing about beans. Could do with burning off the greenery in the bottom fairly quickly. Save a fortune in drying it.

Straight generic diquat has feed and seed crops only, but that isn't on Reglone label as far as I can see.

Big Vern

Re: Reglone

give your buyer a ring.. potentialy expensive mistake if you do irt and they test and dont accept??

Badshot

I agree, got the agronomist on the case. Sentinel active says feed and seed only, label doesn't say the same at all.

Not sure who's going to get them yet, but I can ask a couple I guess.

They're going to get beans that have some bits of rape leaves in them if I can't.

Exfarmer

Think with reglones reputation it will be out for human consumption
    Have to use roundup and wait

Big Vern

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    Think with reglones reputation it will be out for human consumption
    Have to use roundup and wait
    how does that work when you burn spuds off with reglone then ?? clearly you have a lifting restriction but its still on the soil yadda yadda..??

Steevo

Sure I remember seeing an ADAS write-up recently suggesting spraying beans off with reglone. Did ours with glyphosate 10 days or so back - wish had some them earlier though as they've soon changed with this heat. Not that i'll get into them for a week or so though.

Badshot

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo View Post
    Sure I remember seeing an ADAS write-up recently suggesting spraying beans off with reglone. Did ours with glyphosate 10 days or so back - wish had some them earlier though as they've soon changed with this heat. Not that i'll get into them for a week or so though.
    Had the glyphosate here ready but no locals at the time with narrows on a self propelled who had time to do it then. However I have now located a sprayer just need syngenta to decide if it's allowed.

devils advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    how does that work when you burn spuds off with reglone then ?? clearly you have a lifting restriction but its still on the soil yadda yadda..??
    A few years ago, I rang the manufacture of generic reglone as to the actual HI on potatoes because not on the label. Answer was no HI, at the time quite legal to harvest them the same day.

Badshot

The man from syngenta, he say yes.

Apparently there used to be a restriction on it but it has been removed, so reglone on order.