Thread: Accord DL hopper on Moore Unidrill

Tim Fr

Accord DL hopper on Moore Unidrill

Thinking of putting an Accord DL hopper on a Moore Unidrill. Will the feed distribution deal with rape?
    Has anyone done this?
    Thank"s

Hartwig

Re: Accord DL hopper on Moore Unidrill

My Moore has an older Accord hopper, which the pre-owner fitted on himself. Works well, no problem with rape.
    But seed bounce is an issue I would say.

Willscale

I have similar problems with my 750 box drill although even though I have a grass seed attachment rape seedlings can grind and its all a bit stressful to calibrate.

I bought a cheap accord hopper but don't quite have the heart to stick it on as I don't trust my engineering skills and I actually quite like gravity feed for cereals etc. (no hydraulics running, lower revs, cheaper etc.)

My thoughts have turned to something like this for small seeds:

http://agricultural.spaldings.co.uk/...D=11264&tree=1

They have a 12 outlet one too but was thinking of plugging it in to jd seed boots somehow. It seems a bit dear though so not sure what to do.

Actually does anyone here have a second hand electro broadcaster to sell?

JM

Will, what about something like this
    http://www.weavingmachinery.net/subd...R%20Seeder.htm
    Thinking about putting one on my stubble cultivator for next year.

Hartwig

Oh, and the fan of the Accord hopper can take 7 to 10 hp for running it - so if you`re on low hp-tractors, a gravity drill is easier to run with a small tractor.

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    Will, what about something like this
    http://www.weavingmachinery.net/subd...R%20Seeder.htm
    Thinking about putting one on my stubble cultivator for next year.
    I've got a similar thing James. Its ok but find on the odd occassion it can grind a seed and then you sometimes have a bit of trouble on your hands. On mine a minute change (less than 1mm) can make a significant difference so can be annoying.

Also if you feel you need to reduce rates it can crush the seed in the flutes.

agricontract

My Moore drill came out of the box with accord hoppers on it

REB1952

Drilling rape with a 4m accord we found the flutes are closed pretty much right down with a standard accord unit. Micro metering is an option on newer accord units, wich is just a second gear to slow the flutes down so they can be wider open and give better control.

If your fitting an accord unit just for drilling rape then it you could just change the drive sprokets from the land wheel to permanently slow it down, but then its too slow and can't open wide enough for wheat or beans etc.

Eurobale 1

I have had this one with accord top and 32 coulters in 4m for about 15 years now its probably the best value kit I have ever owned. We have fitted as an experiment two rear rolls with Guttler ones to see if it made a huge difference. More work needed to get a conclusive answer on that one.

Tim Fr

Eurobale
    Whats the blue "hay ladder" at the back for??

Eurobale 1

Its a platform for standing on when filling with rear guard rail to stop folk falling from in a senior or junior moment.