Thread: Combine grain weighers

Badshot

Combine grain weighers

Are the weighers that go on the unloading spout any good?

Sputnick

Re: Combine grain weighers

Like all weighers, they are as good as the time you spend calibrating them. We had a Griffith Elder one on our old Dominator and the last season we had it, it was two tonnes out on 1600 tonnes. Far better than the Lexion ones we have had since.

Badshot

That sounds very good, I don't mind calibrating it.
    It would have to be a lot more accurate than my current system of guessing trailer weights

Are they still made with the move to yield mapping etc? I'm not planning on changing the old girl just yet but would quite like to know a bit more accurately how much is in the shed, currently I have a pretty poor idea really until the last load is on a lorry.

There is always a good few loads left when I reach what I thought was there, which is nice but when the pool leaves it till late in the season to take their wheat it does force me into the spot market and waiting for the last few loads to go before cleaning the store out.

charlie brown

We still use the Weighlode system ("sigh" -how old fashioned) but it gives us a much better idea than guessing and if used carefully can be very accurate.........cost b---r all too.

cb

mr chips

Bought my "weighlode" of fleebay for 100 weigh a couple of batches out my drier and then multiply up the number of drier batches for any given crop , wouldn`t say it`s as accurate as down to the last tonne but saves those awkward moments when you think you`ve over sold or under sold

JohnDeere8530

all weighers arent that accurate, as said they need constantly adjsusting for Specific weight etc, ideally every load. They also need callibrating, by taking a trailer to a weighbridge as well

I have RDS and Claas ones, and they are only accurate to about 5% which is about the same as calculating the weight of a full trailer and then keeping a log of full trailers off a field !

willb

We have a Grain Brain on the end of the auger. It is usually about 10t out over the the whole season.

Send the first couple of loads over the weighbridge each year and its usually near the mark.

Its good enough for what we need.

Badshot

Overall that sounds reasonably good results.

Anyone got one to sell? Preferably to fit a MF 36rs.