Thread: Welcome from FWi

Welcome from FWi

Did anyone else notice the warm welcome we received from FWi during the period when BFF was down. What do you see as the strengths of this forum against others?

Re: Welcome from FWi

Mmm.... FWi use to delete any mention of BFF in the olden days. That they didn't this time is a warm welcome in comparison, I guess.

When I posted on fwi forum this afternoon there were just four other people on there. I can't see a 'members currently on-line' statistic here but I bet it is more, 750 members joined in 30 hours is pretty impressive!

the original fwi forum was very good till they changed it and everyone left and joined the bff.i occasionally look at fwi but its not a patch on this site
    nick............

FWi is perhaps the answer to those who think two forums can't survive. As far as I can see, FWi has about 8 active members, and trundles along quite happily with only sporadic postings from others. There's little if anything wrong with that, though given that FW uses it as a source of feedback and sometimes publishes lightly edited postings, I don't think they're tapping in to a very representative selection of the farming community. This isn't a criticism of any of the FW journalists, who I think do pretty well.

10000 members was the strength now it appears some have broken away, not good

Well, it's taken 12 months and the old BFF to crash before I was able to register on here. No forum is perfect! Lets see if this one is worth the hassle of getting in?

I took me 2 miniuts to get back on, I have known some of the guys on here for many years,friends that would be lost without forum contact, when you live in the back of behond it ain't easy to have contact with people

It only took me 2 minutes this time! Before the crash though, I'd been trying to get on for ages but to no avail. The cock up has clearly focused a few minds!