Thread: Ploughing on autosteer

Against_the_grain

Ploughing on autosteer

How do i do it?? Ploughing in furrow (so not strictly neccesary) but regarding different offsets either side etc...

crazy frog

Re: Ploughing on autosteer

you have to use shifts to recentre a+b line each end

crazy

Field Track

There are no off sets as the middle is still the middle. Not perfect but freeform works best. It'll plough straight but will drive to make it so which isn't ideal in the furrow of course. Case of fine tuning your width more than anything.

jim75

It will work but you need to be skilled ;-) if you have a mix of soil types in same field then you'll need good side shift or forget using it

Against_the_grain

ah thanks lads. That helps. ill have a little play tommorow and if it doesnt work then so be it....would just be nice to have a straight furrow!

peasantman

I think keeping straight has more to do with plough side draft than steering.

With my DP7 I would, out of the furrow or on the ploughing after a few runs.

Derky

Same problem here but we plough on land, our trimble needs an offset option for both sides then it would be simple.

AlfM

Just started doing this this year due to new KV, which is our first on land plough. 6 furrows behind 7R using JD autotrac. No off set, just decide on furrow width you're using that day, multiply by 6, set that as width, and ploughs perfectly. No issues so far.

The old Kuhn used to be a pain to keep a straight line as if it hit a really heavy/clay bit in the run it would pull towards the ploughed land, and then when back to better land would come back, so leaving wiggles that you would then have to use vari width adjustment if you wanted to keep it straight.

jimwilson

Forgive the advert....

But what you need is Essentials ploughguide!

Works with CFX 750 or FmX

In furrow or on land

Steers the plough using either the land adjustment or the variwidth adjustment.

Can either steer the tractor and plough ( on the FmX) or just the plough.(CfX and FmX)

Ideal for cheating at ploughing matches... :lolk:

Jim