Thread: FMX and VRS

banana bar

FMX and VRS

Had 100ha Soyl seed tested in the spring as a trial.
    We started drilling with the FMX and vaddy box linked. We very quickly discovered that if we wanted to cover any area for a second time (such as empty drill) or wanted to stop in the middle of the field and start again the drill would not seed the same area again. This meant that if we stopped mid run and backed up to avoid any miss when moving off again the seed would not start on the drilled patch and only start once on undrilled land therefore leaving 2m undrilled. Am I doing something wrong, does this make sense. Also had problems drilling headland last as the FMX thought the last time round had already been drilled.

BB

back'o'beyond

Re: FMX and VRS

Are you using a Field IQ to turn the seeding on and off or is that handled by the Vaddy box?

T_M

Quote Originally Posted by banana bar View Post
    Had 100ha Soyl seed tested in the spring as a trial.
    We started drilling with the FMX and vaddy box linked. We very quickly discovered that if we wanted to cover any area for a second time (such as empty drill) or wanted to stop in the middle of the field and start again the drill would not seed the same area again. This meant that if we stopped mid run and backed up to avoid any miss when moving off again the seed would not start on the drilled patch and only start once on undrilled land therefore leaving 2m undrilled. Am I doing something wrong, does this make sense. Also had problems drilling headland last as the FMX thought the last time round had already been drilled.

BB
    Hi BB

Had this problem all last year, even turning in at the ends would set it off. Basicly the FMX doesn't like over seeding and sends a zero rate. Had to do all sorts like start a new job for the headlands to stop it happening.
    After a lot of complaining at Agritechnica on the trimble stand, an upgrade to combat this was released just before harvest.
    Get the new firmware installed then unselect the send zero rate in the overlap tab and bob is your mothers uncle

JimJackson

Hi NH

Having same issues as BB. Having to disconnect serial cable for last run on headlands. I installed firmware version 6.6(May 14) on my FMX. Is this the latest?.
    Cant find the send zero rate option in the overlap tab.
    Where did you get your update from?

Jim

graybo

I think 6.62 is the current version.

T_M

Quote Originally Posted by graybo View Post
    I think 6.62 is the current version.
    Upgrade here is right the latest version only came out in late July

fergie35

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Upgrade here is right the latest version only came out in late July

Have you got a link to it?

JimJackson

Hi TM

I have upgraded to latest version 6.63 but still cant find the send zero rate option. Is the overlap tab the one in the implement setup section?

Jim

fergie35

Who did you get 6.63 off? I have found 6.62 on the net but never heard of .63.

JimJackson

Hi Fergie.
    I got it from my local Case dealer. Version 6.63 dated 13th September.
    Jim

Ross M

v6.63 is currently the latest version of FMX firmware. in the serial rate controller, setup tab, make sure section control is switch off. In the implement tab, overlaps, set them to 2-3m so when you overlap a little it stills seeds. It is a fiddly setup doing VRA drilling. Bain of my life sometimes!

banana bar

Quote Originally Posted by Ross M View Post
    v6.63 is currently the latest version of FMX firmware. in the serial rate controller, setup tab, make sure section control is switch off. In the implement tab, overlaps, set them to 2-3m so when you overlap a little it stills seeds. It is a fiddly setup doing VRA drilling. Bain of my life sometimes!
    Hi Ross,

Tend to agree, not sure if systems are quite good enough for VRA drilling yet.

BB