Thread: Issue posting from mobile phone

Issue posting from mobile phone

Using a Windows 8 phone i cannot post a reply as soon as i type something into the message box, my on screen keyboard shuts down, its a strange one because i can write in the box for the thread title but when i come to write in the message box my phones onscreen keyboard disappears. It only happens on BFF every other websites i visit are fine.
    Any clues?
    Some days you're the Top Dog - some days you're the Lamp Post

Re: Issue posting from mobile phone

Quote Originally Posted by Richard682e View Post
    Using a Windows 8 phone i cannot post a reply as soon as i type something into the message box, my on screen keyboard shuts down, its a strange one because i can write in the box for the thread title but when i come to write in the message box my phones onscreen keyboard disappears. It only happens on BFF every other websites i visit are fine.
    Any clues?
    When I did venture to look here with Mrsff's ipad I did notice down in the LH corner of the page an option box or something where you could change between mobile & some other view? Do you see that on the phone or is it automatically selected???

Is W8 on a mobile better than the comments W8 gets on PC's???

ff
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Windows 8 on the phone is great. My daughter has one and it is just as good as any other smartphone and better in some ways. Not sure about the original problem because I've not tried it, but on the iPhone the mobile version of this site comes up by default on mine. Didn't used to on the old site.

Next step is to get it on Tapatalk.
    The Duck 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    When I did venture to look here with Mrsff's ipad I did notice down in the LH corner of the page an option box or something where you could change between mobile & some other view? Do you see that on the phone or is it automatically selected???

Is W8 on a mobile better than the comments W8 gets on PC's???

ff
    Sorted thanks to your advice, the box at the bottom left labeled Default Style, when clicked gives me a option list on the Win 8 Phone to view as a mobile site much better and i can post.
    Only got XP on Laptop and PC so cannot comment on Win 8, but on the phone (my 1st Smart) Nokia Lumina 620 its awesome, its quick to shift between apps, simple to use, clean fresh looking and what a number of things you can do, voice search web, contacts,apps, Nokia Drive (satnav) setting up email clients was far easier than on PC ( It took hours) it is the full package. Downside video support is poor atm and it fails to use my 32 GB micro card effectively a old 8Gb works fine.
    Some of this is due to the new operating system and lack of apps but what a package in a phone.

Will try Tapatalk when it comes to windows 8 phone, Duck
    Some days you're the Top Dog - some days you're the Lamp Post