Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mf 54s

humfy

Re: mf 54s

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Did you find it?
    Agreed, a very silly place to put it. Mine was removed once and remains removed, in the shed when not needed.
    Had a look under fuel tank today, no signs of drawbar, :cry: guess its of to mf dealer to get robbed.

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by humfy View Post
    Had a look under fuel tank today, no signs of drawbar, :cry: guess its of to mf dealer to get robbed.
    New or used, you are owed a drawbar, so you won't get robbed. Unless they are robbing bastards

humfy

New or used, you are owed a drawbar, so you won't get robbed. Unless they are robbing bastards
    Got quoted 257+vat for a drawbar! Thot it would be around the 60 mark.

Ach only thing goin cheap these days are budgies

Cowabunga

Got quoted 257+vat for a drawbar! Thot it would be around the 60 mark.

Ach only thing goin cheap these days are budgies
    I don't understand. If you have only just bought a tractor, new or used, it should come with a top link, a drawbar and a hook and linkage balls as applicable. You should not have to pay extra if you bought from a reputable dealer. Is there something that you are not telling us?

Penmoel

I don't understand. If you have only just bought a tractor, new or used, it should come with a top link, a drawbar and a hook and linkage balls as applicable. You should not have to pay extra if you bought from a reputable dealer. Is there something that you are not telling us?

Perhaps he has bought it in an auction/farm sale as it stands

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by Penmoel View Post
    Perhaps he has bought it in an auction/farm sale as it stands
    If this is so, its easy enough to say so.
    At an auction it is buyer beware and sold as seen. Even so the drawbar should be supplied. Certainly at a farm sale unless advised that drawbar was missing beforehand.

This is why it pays to buy from a local reputable dealer who stands by his product. The drawbar is an essential part of the tractor. As illustrated, it is not exactly cheap to replace.

humfy

Bought as seen, fella I bought of was a debt collector & new fek all about tractors. I'd hoped drawbar would be stashed somewhere but only hitch was found. Last tractor I'd bought came from a big mf dealer who didn't give any warranties. Basically thers not much ye get a come bak these days, no matter what your told. Ye pay yer and its yours.
    If you miss a payment a debt collector appears and sells on a bargain without a drawbar !

Cowabunga

Bought as seen, fella I bought of was a debt collector & new fek all about tractors. I'd hoped drawbar would be stashed somewhere but only hitch was found. Last tractor I'd bought came from a big mf dealer who didn't give any warranties. Basically thers not much ye get a come bak these days, no matter what your told. Ye pay yer and its yours.
    If you miss a payment a debt collector appears and sells on a bargain without a drawbar !
    Let's hope that the outstanding finance has all been paid for and that it hasn't fallen off a lorry on the way. Debt collectors don't usually deal with final customers.
    I'm half sure it's all OK.

If it is that good a bargain then I'm sure the drawbar isn't too much of an issue, painful as it is.

raiderz

Can you not contact Dromone or QTP and see how much they can get you one for?

humfy

Let's hope that the outstanding finance has all been paid for and that it hasn't fallen off a lorry on the way. Debt collectors don't usually deal with final customers.
    I'm half sure it's all OK.

If it is that good a bargain then I'm sure the drawbar isn't too much of an issue, painful as it is.
    I've dealt with guy before along with others and apart from bein a terrifying maniac (be difficult to be a nice debt collector) all his kit above board. Thers always a first tho, buyin 2nd hand gets ever growin horror stories tho.

This one got all paperwork, taxdiscs service history from new, only nasty I've found so far is drawbar.

What would you recommend as a good loader to fit to this size of tractor?

humfy

Quote Originally Posted by raiderz View Post
    Can you not contact Dromone or QTP and see how much they can get you one for?
    Who's qtp ? Managed to get a loan of one, not right one for machine but close enuf.

I'd of thot they be 50-60 buks, near laid an egg when I found they were 250!

raiderz

Who's qtp ? Managed to get a loan of one, not right one for machine but close enuf.

I'd of thot they be 50-60 buks, near laid an egg when I found they were 250!
    Quality Tractor Parts
    http://www.qtponline.com/

They do Dromone parts. DRSP30293/DRSP30293G

foxbox

I've dealt with guy before along with others and apart from bein a terrifying maniac (be difficult to be a nice debt collector) all his kit above board. Thers always a first tho, buyin 2nd hand gets ever growin horror stories tho.

This one got all paperwork, taxdiscs service history from new, only nasty I've found so far is drawbar.

What model is it? There is a chart in the back of the loader brochure here which shows you the recommended loader for each model. We have a parallel lift loader (last two have been this) and I'd never go back to a non-parallel one now. Depends on the work I suppose but for bale stacking etc they are great.

Cowabunga

MF945 or 955 which are the same as the Quicke Q45 and Q55 if its a four cylinder with a 5 at the end, such as 5435 to 5455. The 5460 and 5470 will need the 955 loader. The six cylinders the 55 as a minimum but check that this is in fact long enough as you might need a longer one still.

The model choice has changed recently, but those two boom size equivalents are what suits the four cylinder tractor, depending mainly on how high you want to lift.
    It has to have the wide boom. They call it the DM version if I remember correctly.

Don't take too much notice of the brochures as they are inconsistent and generally a load of bollocks when it comes to certain facts about matching tractors to loaders.

gone

MF loaders are as stated rebadged Quickie, but the paint work is dire, they are a great loader but buy the Quickie or you will end up with a pink loader with the paint falling off.

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by gone View Post
    MF loaders are as stated rebadged Quickie, but the paint work is dire, they are a great loader but buy the Quickie or you will end up with a pink loader with the paint falling off.
    The paint doesn't fall off those models but does on certain gussets on older models. For some reason Quicke red does pink in the sun over time, as do most reds and oranges. It could be that Quicke grey fades just as much but bleached grey isn't noticed.

kmac

In general reds don't hold well in the last 10 years or so since the cadmium ban. It was used to red paints to give UV resistance.

raiderz

Don't take too much notice of the brochures as they are inconsistent and generally a load of bollocks when it comes to certain facts about matching tractors to loaders.
    This looks just wrong!!

Cowabunga

This looks just wrong!!

It could grow on you. Personally quite like it and think it improves the looks of an ugly duckling, turning into something of a swan.

mbsrhol

This looks just wrong!!

Yes, the loader is too small for the tractor.

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by mbsrhol View Post
    Yes, the loader is too small for the tractor.
    Perhaps only used as a quickly removed ballast.

raiderz

I had a 945 loader on my 6455, could of had a 955 but preferred a shorter boom.

kmac

I prefer the short boom too. Better for shifting gravel, better for getting around in tight quarters too. I don't have any tall sheds to stack in.

James

This looks just wrong!!

least it matches the wheels