Thread: 750A Questions

Yorkie

750A Questions

Couple of quick questions,

What people are people drilling with 750A (accord hopper and land-wheel)

Greasing up, how often on openers, frame etc, ?

Cheers
    Yorkie

Neddy Flanders

Re: 750A Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post

What people are people drilling with 750A (accord hopper and land-wheel)

Greasing up, how often on openers, frame etc, ?

Cheers
    Yorkie
    Don't understand the question.

Badshot

Lets add a few words here shall we.

What crops are people people drilling with 750A (accord hopper and land-wheel)

When it comes to greasing up, how often on openers(disc bearings), frame (pivots) etc, ?

Cheers
    Yorkie

Makes more sense but probably wrong.

Neddy Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    Lets add a few words here shall we.

What crops are people people drilling with 750A (accord hopper and land-wheel)

When it comes to greasing up, how often on openers(disc bearings), frame (pivots) etc, ?

Cheers
    Yorkie

Makes more sense but probably wrong.
    Ok. Drilling 50% wheat 50% osr with 750
    Haven't greased a disc bearing in 8 years and have never had one fail (famous last words). Have changed every other bearing/rubber/wheel/spring. Quite a lot of maintenance, but I treat it quite roughly, drilling into a lot of clotty ploughed land as well as pure DD. Never yet found a field it wouldn't drill.

s.chiles

I've drilled every crop you can think of, and probably many that you haven't thought of as well. These include rape,grass, maize, wheat, oats, barley, peas, beans, soya beans, vetches, clover, mustard, turnips, kale,linseed, sunflowers,lupins, triticale,millet and many more.
    The disc bearings want greasing annually with JD Severe Duty Polyurea grease ( part no TY6341)

Yorkie

Sorry.

I dont know what I was typing last night, I ment to ask what speed people were drilling ? Thinking about 20kph max?

Willscale

Personally I don't go over 14k and usually around 12k.

The fields are quite small so I don't want to speed up and slow down to radically.

martian

Been going at 11kph, finding the guttlers don't close it too well if going too fast

Badshot

Oh well it was interesting seeing what S.Chiles has planted with his drill anyway.

155tm

Oh well it was interesting seeing what S.Chiles has planted with his drill anyway.
    Well I know Martian has been drilling wheat and has nearly finished his first wheats. We have drilled Pedders mix, just don't ask about the results this year, and put wheat in through chopped linseed straw yesterday with it.

Badshot

Quote Originally Posted by 155tm View Post
    Well I know Martian has been drilling wheat and has nearly finished his first wheats. We have drilled Pedders mix, just don't ask about the results this year, and put wheat in through chopped linseed straw yesterday with it.
    It was nearly dry enough for me yesterday, I am waiting for some shark to come to kill the cranesbill before drilling though.

Today it's nowhere near dry enough.

155tm

It was nearly dry enough for me yesterday, I am waiting for some shark to come to kill the cranesbill before drilling though.

Today it's nowhere near dry enough.

da da da DA DA DA da da da

Oh sorry wrong type of shark?

Badshot

da da da DA DA DA da da da

Oh sorry wrong type of shark?
    :lolk: Plonka

martian

We've been lucky to miss a lot of this rain, tumbleweed blowing across the land here...got most of the first wheats in in good conditions, tractor in the pits this am but hope to finish this afternoon before the next drop.

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    We've been lucky to miss a lot of this rain, tumbleweed blowing across the land here...got most of the first wheats in in good conditions, tractor in the pits this am but hope to finish this afternoon before the next drop.
    You happy with the new drill?

martian

Yes thanks. The calibration isn't straightforward for those of us not brought up on computer games, but we seem to be burying the seed in the right quantities. Cut into two year ley very nicely, ground very hard under the grass. If we hadn't done it last year fairly successfully, I'd be very nervous that the roots won't penetrate. Grass still green, hope we put enough roundup on to kill it...