Thread: mobile remote security cameras

155tm

mobile remote security cameras

To monitor machinery whilst away from home during drilling and harvest. We are looking for a tractor, combine or telehandler mountable system as they don't spend every night in the same yard or building. I guess a system needs to collect images and email the image and its location out when it is triggered.

Suggestions please, is anyone using a similar system, what is it, and does it work?

Sleepy

Re: mobile remote security cameras

Quote Originally Posted by 155tm View Post
    To monitor machinery whilst away from home during drilling and harvest. We are looking for a tractor, combine or telehandler mountable system as they don't spend every night in the same yard or building. I guess a system needs to collect images and email the image and its location out when it is triggered.

Suggestions please, is anyone using a similar system, what is it, and does it work?

You need to make sure you get one of the new style ones - the old ones a) leaked water and b) used MMS to send the images. MMS is fine in the states where it is free, but in this country it is very expensive.

They are now doing a GPRS version, which sends the pictures via email, and they end up costing about 1/2 pence per image.

BlueWurzel

Sleepy, Have you got a contact No for this
    BW

Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWurzel View Post
    Sleepy, Have you got a contact No for this
    BW
    jake@ruggednetworks.co.uk
    01271 828407

But... maybe better to wait till next week, it is China National Day this week and literally the whole of China takes a week off.. I don't think I will have any more in stock until next week now :cry:

JD2120

and how long roughly will the batteries last if there is no power available?

thx

Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by JD2120 View Post
    and how long roughly will the batteries last if there is no power available?

thx
    It varies massively depending on how many pictures the camera is taking, how strong the mobile phone signal and how cold the weather is - somewhere between 6 weeks and 6 months - I have one that has been out since June and it is still going

155tm

Cheers Sleepy I was thinking of you as I posted the question!

Do you think it would work from behind glass? i.e. locked inside a tractor cab looking down the steps?

Almost want two cameras and movement sensors linked to one phone?

Sleepy

Cheers Sleepy I was thinking of you as I posted the question!

Do you think it would work from behind glass? i.e. locked inside a tractor cab looking down the steps?

Almost want two cameras and movement sensors linked to one phone?
    I would put the camera in the top of the cab, looking out the front window and at the doors

That way.. if someone breaks into the tractor, you get a good snap of them and you are less likely to have the cameras nicked.

You would also get very few false detections

TM135

What about getting a big dog???? A realy big dog with very sharp teeth????

Probably a black dog as well.

Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by TM135 View Post

what if it craps in the tractor overnight

40cows

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygit View Post
    what if it craps in the tractor overnight
    If it can climb the steps open the door have a turd then it has the job for security over your cameras.

155tm

Quote Originally Posted by TM135 View Post

I wouldn't want to subject a dog, not even a black dog! to the torrent of abuse, and new (to me) vocabulary I learn't the other evening

Badshot

There was a trooper got stuck the other night near here, it had the roof cut out and an IBC dropped in. Wonder what they were doing

They couldn't retrieve it so torched it in the field.