Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retro fit auto boom height

Nametab

Re: Retro fit auto boom height

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdigger View Post
    only other i tried was on my deere 5430i I had, was hopeless one of the many reasons we let it go.

Norac is not so good in tall crops, it has a tendacy to drop while turning on headlands, this is because the middle sensor passes over the tramline track as you turn and senses the ground not the crop so tells the controller to lower the boom.
    pain in the a....se and I have yet to find a way of getting around the problem other than disconnecting the middle sensor,
    The norac has got headland management, you can have the boom lift to
    A set height, or raise the inclines which I feel is the safest option and best activated manually, just by a flick of the boom height control switch on the joystick.

Nametab

Hi Clive
    switching it off through the main switch would be the way to go but not sure how to plumb it into the agleader.
    Mike
    Mike. Just ring the office, ask for Mark, he'll tell you how to do it

Wormdigger

thanks for the info I will give Mark a ring,is that done through the agleader box norac controller settings ?.. I know you can manually tweek the boom height through the joystick switch 3cm at a time but its not enough to avoid the boom dropping on the headland and its a pain setting it back to set height while driving back down the field.
    Its the only fault I can find with it. Norac on a 30m boom worth every penny.

Regards Mike

lexion man

You go to norac settings and then options I think and follow the steps to make headland work

Nametab

thanks for the info I will give Mark a ring,is that done through the agleader box norac controller settings ?.. I know you can manually tweek the boom height through the joystick switch 3cm at a time but its not enough to avoid the boom dropping on the headland and its a pain setting it back to set height while driving back down the field.
    Its the only fault I can find with it. Norac on a 30m boom worth every penny.

Regards Mike
    Mike, it's via the agleader box if you have a UC5, you want it so when you flick the lift on the joystick, that it then lifts the inclines, and not the the whole boom.

Wormdigger

looked in the agleader box today and i have no options tab under the norac tab in contoller settings. Have automatic set up, sensors and valves, auxiliary controls, and retune.
    It has the latest software version installed and I think it will require a phone call to head office to talk me through how to get in, I have seen it in settings before but can't find it now.

Pingu

Quote Originally Posted by jim75 View Post
    So anyone any Experience of muller systems? Or put another way any other systems worth looking at other than Norac. Cheers
    Have a Muller fitted to my sands and majority of the time on 24m its a waste of time has a tendancy to dump one side in growing crops if a thin patch etc on pre em's its usefull when going late. But be honest I smashed a sensor (bus drivers dont need to say any more) few months back and I've not missed it. Would like to try Norac next time though

jim75

RRe: Retro fit auto boom height

[QUOTE=Pingu;1013659]Have a Muller fitted to my sands and majority of the time on 24m its a waste of time has a tendancy to dump one side in growing crops if a thin patch etc on pre em's its usefull when going late. But be honest I smashed a sensor (bus drivers dont need to say any more) few months back and I've not missed it. Would like to try Norac next time though[/QUOTE

Thanks for that. So Norac is the Only option really, quoted 4500 so far for the uc4