Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100hp or 140hp merlo

Mr Muck

Re: 100hp or 140hp merlo

yes the difference between a handler thats never off concrete and one that spends most of its time in softer going conditions will be massive.

Beltbreaker

2 litres per hour less! 700 hrs a year is 1400 litres x 65p = 910 over 10 years this has to be a big factor when it comes to change but no manufactures divulge! Any other examples?
    Includes a fair amount of trailer work, carting bales out of fields and 300hrs hard shuttlework at harvest also. Can't really compare apples with pears really. Doesn't the Claas have the same motor but the equivalent 4t machine is over a tonne heavier so in theory would be harder on juice. I would also say when filling the drier or clearing muck the cycle times on the Merlo will be hard to match with any Telescopic, IMO.

Cheers BB

pete

Looked at a merlo yesterday! The safty load system looks impresive! Any feed back on actual use ? Not keen on the safty button on the joystick mimd you! Seems plenty of power but it was flat !

pete

Quote Originally Posted by Beltbreaker View Post
    Includes a fair amount of trailer work, carting bales out of fields and 300hrs hard shuttlework at harvest also. Can't really compare apples with pears really. Doesn't the Claas have the same motor but the equivalent 4t machine is over a tonne heavier so in theory would be harder on juice. I would also say when filling the drier or clearing muck the cycle times on the Merlo will be hard to match with any Telescopic, IMO.

Cheers BB
    Fair point! My examples are over one tank full and mainly rehandling yard work!
    6030 is a 120 hp engine with gear pump but still weighed in at around 7 t! The new version is only 5.6 t which makes me question its ability to handle 3 t with relative ease on anything but level ground! Which I'm definatly not!