Thread: 1455xl pick up hitch.

TheEarlOfMoray

1455xl pick up hitch.

Just bought a 1455 on eBay, anyone know where I can get a pickup hitch for it? Thanks.

Rusty#1

Re: 1455xl pick up hitch.

I sold a jd 7810 dromone hitch kit to a chap who fitted it to a 1056 i'm sure he said it was a straight foward enough job, ive got some left, there dromone hyd push out hitches complete kits removed from 7700/7810 deeres that have gone across the water where they dont want puh's, pm me if your interested ps I saw that 1455 looked a minter how many pennies did she go for?

john8210

Bloke in classic tractor advertising them, 01827 880088 1250+vat

Rusty#1

john8210

look good value them, ive grafted a couple of nearly new jd 6430 hitches on to tw's, not a major job either.

TheEarlOfMoray

Do you think they would fit easily enough? Or would a lot of cutting have to be done?

john8210

them tw ones i did only took a day to do iirc, you will have plates already on the 1455 for the drawbar, you should be able to cut these of the drawbar and then put them on the the jd hitch, you may have to remove some brackets of the jd one but its not rocket science. just make sure you get the hook/drawbar hole at a standard distance away from pto or things wont fit easy.

Pryderi

Anybody tried one of these on a TM or a MF 61 series? Would they be too long and be catching on the transfer box?

Rusty#1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEarlOfMoray View Post
    Do you think they would fit easily enough? Or would a lot of cutting have to be done?
    There a nice easy hitch to modify, I dont no the ins and outs of what you'd need to do to fit to a 1455 but if your handy enough with a bit of fabrication I reckon you'd do the job for less than 600 in materials incl the hitch,

Rusty#1

Quote Originally Posted by Pryderi View Post
    Anybody tried one of these on a TM or a MF 61 series? Would they be too long and be catching on the transfer box?
    Funnily enough a chap bought 1 to fit onto a tm120 to replace the old swing out type hitch, not sure how he got on but he was confident it'd fit,

denny6910

brand new ones from this guy,

around 800 no vat as its exported from Ireland

http://handengineering.com/catalog/p...products_id=65

Toastie

I've got a genuine Case 1455 xl pick up hitch for sale, it will fit straight on you can come and view it just outside dufftown!!

TheEarlOfMoray

How much toastie?

Toastie

Come and see it,Cheap as chips