Thread: SF2 cost

TheEarlOfMoray

SF2 cost

Currently use sf1 for drilling and have now purchased a 4m vaddy instead of a combi. Want to upgrade to sf2 as I think it will be more accurate with a trailed drill. Is it worth it? and would sf1 be fine and if not can I just upgrade for say 2 months of the year and what would the cost be? Thanks.

wheatonrotty

Re: SF2 cost

Been using SF1 for drilling for 5 years with a co6 no problems most of the time. Running at about 12 k.

Johndeere

450ish for three months, is it worth it? Not convinced

Chae

The earl has some pretty wild fields! Could you mount the receiver on the drill to take account of crabbing. If I remember correctly adjusting the setting for antennae height makes tilt compensation more aggressive. Think higher setting means it corrects more.

I don t know about sf2 but you can upgrade egnos on Trimble for a 3 month period.

AlfM

You dont say if your receiver is SF2 ready or not? If so you can get a SF2 license in blocks from 1 month up to years. If its only SF1 ready then its a lot more to make it SF2 ready.

http://stellarsupport.deere.com/en_G...payment_en.pdf

Scroll down the pdf and see some prices....

drumachie1

Is the receiver an old itc or the new 3000
    Having big problems with ours on sf2 keeps losing the signal for no reason
    Used a 3000 for a few weeks and it never lost the signal
    Up until this year I would have defiantly have recommended the sf2 but not so convinced now Going to try the itc one again to see,

jfdi

Also been having trouble last couple of weeks dropping out of rtk to sf2, some days sf1, tcm calibration does help though. Could you have sf2 activated to try, if the difference is noticeable there's your answer, some locations manage fine on sf1, some places struggle.

czechmate

Just bought a Month for drilling. 178.66, from my CC bill so I assume that includes VAT.
    Drilled on SF1 for a couple of years. Last year SF1 was hopeless for drilling and SF2 transformed it. This year I just bought it as I started drilling because I dont like seeing gaps, even if they are 4". Less than a pound per Ha and worth it for my job satisfaction.

cp

Earl

Is you starfire sf1 ready or sf2 ready?

also if you only have a sf1 autotrac you need to upgarde that aswell

to upgarde from sf1 ready and sf1 autotrac is a one of payment of 3000

if you are s2 ready cost is from 180 euro for a month 440 euro 3 months 600 euro 12 month

Clive

SF2 is streets ahead of SF1 but does costs a lot more in activation and subscriptions

if you have an iTC starfire receiver I would maybe try an upgrade to a sf3000 first as the difference that makes is also very worthwhile pretty much doubling the number of sats you can see

timmy hectares

I have found SF2 to be miles better than SF1, less drift and more consistent.
    Purchased the tractor with 3000 and 2630, i have found that a years subscription is the same money as 3 months Omnistar XP

kpa

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    SF2 is streets ahead of SF1 but does costs a lot more in activation and subscriptions

if you have an iTC starfire receiver I would maybe try an upgrade to a sf3000 first as the difference that makes is also very worthwhile pretty much doubling the number of sats you can see
    +1
    Have not bothered with SF2 since having SF3000. IIRC there was a change last year which screwed up the original so went for the 3000.

Wormdigger

we change to a 3000 dish last year and it transformed sf1 on our cultivations tractor, but we do run sf2 on the drill tractor, again using 3000 dish and 2630 screen.

drumachie1

Tried the itc again and been a right b!$$??! Completely lost signal 3 times yesterday where the 3000 never lost it

TheEarlOfMoray

Do you think jd are trying to force users to upgrade?

cp

The old itc is 7 years old now and things
    Have moved on
    And we all want better so the 3000 has the improvements of glonass better veiw
    Of the sky faster signal regain better tcm
    And it's only 200 more than the old itc in its day

Brisel

Quote Originally Posted by drumachie1 View Post
    Tried the itc again and been a right b!$$??! Completely lost signal 3 times yesterday where the 3000 never lost it
    Is your software up to date? New version released in September.

Clive

If you buy rtk activation you get sf2 fallback foc

So I guess even if you don't use the rtk you get sf2 without any more annual costs

Sf2 on a sf3000 seems pretty good to me - just lacks the repeatability and instant acuisition of rtk but otherwise fine for cereal farms I reckon

cp

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    If you buy rtk activation you get sf2 fallback foc

So I guess even if you don't use the rtk you get sf2 without any more annual costs

Sf2 on a sf3000 seems pretty good to me - just lacks the repeatability and instant acuisition of rtk but otherwise fine for cereal farms I reckon
    Clive
    You only get Sf2 fall back if you have had Rtk correction
    Then it last for 14 days

TheEarlOfMoray

So how much will the 3000 receiver cost me? Old one loses signal about 3 times a day. Damn annoying.

drumachie1

Quote Originally Posted by Brisel View Post
    Is your software up to date? New version released in September.
    No will need to do that again only prob is jd man was round one day and said they would probualy stop upgrading software on the itc receiver in the near future

cp

Quote Originally Posted by TheEarlOfMoray View Post
    So how much will the 3000 receiver cost me? Old one loses signal about 3 times a day. Damn annoying.
    If your old itc is sf2 ready you can transfer the sf2 ready on to a new sf3000
    For 2284

Pm me for more detail

Brisel

I assume that the 2284 includes the 3000 receiver?

Transferring the key over is a couple of hours with a laptop. I had mine transferred when I upgraded from ITC to a 3000.