Thread: ANYTHING BAD ABOUT A FENDT 512-515?

ED.D

ANYTHING BAD ABOUT A FENDT 512-515?

Apart from dry brakes?anything else to consider? want to own it rather than pay finance so prefer this to a vario as only doing a few hundred hours a year.

jfdi

Re: ANYTHING BAD ABOUT A FENDT 512-515?

Yes they stopped making them, loved every minute on the 515 even with bad brakes driven like you cared it was fine, same goes for turbo clutch

Liner seals tend to harden and fail leading to water in the oil. Our 514 did this at 11000 hrs, I had factored it as a possible cost after being told it was a problem at 10 to 12 thousand hours. When we did it piston liner and seal kits were around 200 a cylinder. Dry brakes are probably not as effective as wet but they won't ruin hydraulic systems or the powershift gearbox which like the vario models are separate from each other. I've done 2000 hours with ours and other than the engine rebuild any other problems have been related to poor care by previous owners or just wear and tear.

Ad

This was over 30k last time i looked maybe you still need finance?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fendt-515c...item3a7aad716f

Quote Originally Posted by 514 View Post
    Liner seals tend to harden and fail leading to water in the oil. Our 514 did this at 11000 hrs, I had factored it as a possible cost after being told it was a problem at 10 to 12 thousand hours. When we did it piston liner and seal kits were around 200 a cylinder. Dry brakes are probably not as effective as wet but they won't ruin hydraulic systems or the powershift gearbox which like the vario models are separate from each other. I've done 2000 hours with ours and other than the engine rebuild any other problems have been related to poor care by previous owners or just wear and tear.
    Unlike the vario, i'm afraid the vario does share it's oil with the brakes

ED.D

Quote Originally Posted by Ad View Post
    This was over 30k last time i looked maybe you still need finance?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fendt-515c...item3a7aad716f

Unlike the vario, i'm afraid the vario does share it's oil with the brakes
    Its getting close to the limit

Anyone want to buy a share in a future classic

Mumbles

Quote Originally Posted by ED.D View Post
    Its getting close to the limit

Anyone want to buy a share in a future classic
    What about a part share in a 614?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDT-614-...item3f1d92943e

dealer dave

cooling system not the best if on umbilical pump etc , otherwise very good around , the 614 on eBay for bits will cost you 3000 in bits to fix , was at local farm sale a Mr Davey had it took it apart then fell ill

[

Unlike the vario, i'm afraid the vario does share it's oil with the brakes [/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought it was all still separate.

Ad

Hi All.

I have recently purchased a 515c. The tractor had been stood for a while before I purchased it. It arrived lastweek and I was using it to spread fertiliser at the weekend when I noticed that the clutch pedal would sometimes not return fully after pressing it. Once the tractor started to drive the pedal would spring up with a clonk noise or I could lift it with my foot. Then yesterday I noticed that the pedal was staying at this half way pressed until I lifted it with my foot. The clutch fluid reservoir is full of fluid and the tractor appears to be driving fine, although I have not done any heavy pulling work with it... Any ideas on what may be wrong and how to sort would be appreciated.....

Regards,
    E

If it's anything like valtras the fluid may need changing and bleeding through. The fluid can go off after a while

Thanks for the info. I must bleed the brakes and change the fluid at the weekend.

One other small problem that I am having is that occasionally the lift will not drop unless I use the float control switch. If I set the lever to up or down the lift keeps lifting to the max.... Any ideas

Regards
    E