Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 forums again.

2 forums again.

I know this should have a line put under it but its tedious. I now log onto BFF then go and look at TFF often the content is the same with threads started by the same people trying to get answers. Is not about time everyone grew up and said bang it all back in one forum and job done.

Re: 2 forums again.

+1

Yes of course, lets close down BFF and then all use TFF---no thats bound to upset someone so lets close TFF and all use BFF----oh dear we may upset someone there!

Stalemate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derky View Post
    I know this should have a line put under it but its tedious. I now log onto BFF then go and look at TFF often the content is the same with threads started by the same people trying to get answers. Is not about time everyone grew up and said bang it all back in one forum and job done.
    Farmers allover really isn't it.

Maybe if you tried showing a bit of resolve by only logging into one forum.
    FFS, do you not think your being two faced logging into Clive's rip off of this site, and then posting on the original that "it's tedious" logging on to both?
    It's you and every other unprincipalled and short sighted dual member that gives Clive the Oxygen he needs to survive. Post in one forum, or the other, but don't moan like a bitch about posting in both.

Well obviously it's unlikely to happen. There are many other farming forums out there, a sticky that could contain links to forums all over the world would be useful for us but I suppose it's like Tesco's providing free transport to Sainsbury's.

What I fail to understand is how we have got to a situation where there is apparently no way of restoring the old forum information from a backup, even if it was to a closed site. I'm sure an explanation would be appreciated, even if it was "sorry we didn't make a backup" or our ISP doesn't/didn't etc.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer IV View Post
    FFS, do you not think your being two faced logging into Clive's rip off of this site, and then posting on the original that "it's tedious" logging on to both?
    It's you and every other unprincipalled and short sighted dual member that gives Clive the Oxygen he needs to survive. Post in one forum, or the other, but don't moan like a bitch about posting in both.
    Totaly uncalled for. Surely we can debate without name calling !

Quote Originally Posted by kpa View Post
    What I fail to understand is how we have got to a situation where there is apparently no way of restoring the old forum information from a backup, even if it was to a closed site. I'm sure an explanation would be appreciated, even if it was "sorry we didn't make a backup" or our ISP doesn't/didn't etc.
    Why do you need an explanation ? You used to use a free site that cost you nothing and now you are once more provided with a free site that costs you nothing. Are things really so bad that you need a forum to run your life or that you are so tired that you are unable to re ask a question that had been asked 4 years ago ?
    This site already has a wealth or knowledge and information building up and to be fair you were one of the main posters of interesting information and important questions.
    There are hundreds maybe thousands of other relevant forums out there which can give answers and you can browse any of them. BFF is here, if you like it, use it. At least this site is well structured, organised and nice to be a part of.

I know this should have a line put under it but its tedious.
    It is indeed tedious

Right now thats it behave. I like Clive i like his input along with many of the others that have gone there. I would ideally like it all under one roof simple.

You continue to add vitriol at every opportunity don't you. This site might have the original owner and many good posters (Cowabunga, Hillybill etc) but it doesn't have the old content. TFF has many good posters and the added bonus that suggestions for improvement or requests for answers of the site owner are well received and acted upon.

I for one - and I'm sure quite a few others - get put off by negative commentary and tit for tap crap. What I'd like to see and be part of is a forum that leads the field (no pun intended) in the richness of it's agricultural knowledge and experience borne by quality posters who enjoy helping and giving their opinions

Sadly every time I read a post like your's (again) it makes me spend more time on TFF than here. Great shame as there are already some good threads going on here

I think what sticks in the craw though is the speed and the mirror image of the old BFF with which TFF appeared before the corpse of the old BFF was even cold.

Personally I don't have the time to post on more than one forum so I have made my choice

Quote Originally Posted by AntiNFU View Post
    Totaly uncalled for.
    The problem exists because *you* perpetuate the problem.

And really, do we have to have threads like this every day? Just choose a forum, its not difficult. We're tired of listening to your bellyaching.

Right now thats it behave. I like Clive i like his input along with many of the others that have gone there. I would ideally like it all under one roof simple.
    One doesn't always get what one want's . Either do as I do and stay on one forum or go on the 2 . Either way you shouldn't really clog up either forum by moaning about it . If you want to moan , maybe TFF should get your exclusive use , it seems better suited for those unhappy about recent events .
    The views posted are mine and not those of my employers

If all stayed and signed up to one forum they won't have to flick from one to another.
    Just hope it is not crashed again?

Quote Originally Posted by hillybill View Post
    Farmers allover really isn't it.
    +1

I've got it
    Set up another forum and combine everything into the one forum dah dah!! Easy
    Blue and Clive can work together for the benefit of all of us...

I agree with your sentiments entirely Derky, but its not going to happen, is it?
    I used the other forum as it took a week or more before I could get on this one again, and the only info I got about this one getting going again was on there. I would favour here out of some sort of (misplaced?) loyalty, but the fact of the matter was that there was more activity on the other, particularly in the subjects I'm interested in (no, not direct drilling). BFF is beginning to get going again and I suspect long term may dominate once again. But you can't get away from the fact that many people have joined up to the other forum who couldn't get in here.

Panzer are you telling me that you never use another supplier if your regular lets you down, even on a temporary basis? Grow up a bit

Its a real shame, but we are where we are, lets move on and make the best of it

Quote Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
    I agree with your sentiments entirely Derky, but its not going to happen, is it?
    I used the other forum as it took a week or more before I could get on this one again, and the only info I got about this one getting going again was on there. I would favour here out of some sort of (misplaced?) loyalty, but the fact of the matter was that there was more activity on the other, particularly in the subjects I'm interested in (no, not direct drilling). BFF is beginning to get going again and I suspect long term may dominate once again. But you can't get away from the fact that many people have joined up to the other forum who couldn't get in here.

Panzer are you telling me that you never use another supplier if your regular lets you down, even on a temporary basis? Grow up a bit

Its a real shame, but we are where we are, lets move on and make the best of it

Well said, PBH! Knock the other forum all you want but I would bet it's there to stay and, while I have no idea whether the huge conspiracy theory holds water, at least they're more open with their members as to what's happening. The problem with this forum is that it refuses to change - same moderators, same attitudes and a reluctance to get a grip with the current technology on offer. I know everyone is ultra busy, especially anyone trying to farm and run a forum such as this one but if that's they way you want to play it , don't kick off when someone else thinks they can do better - it's called a free economy. I am sure this will make me less than popular but I believe it needs saying and all anyone running a forum has to do if they don't have the time themselves to keep everything up-to-date and backed up is ASK THEIR MEMBERSHIP. I am sure there are loads of loyal and more than capable members on this forum who would have been more than pleased to lend a helping hand and would still do so. I will continue to pick and choose where I log on, while still permitted to do so by any forum I have joined but other forums don't get up and running with an enthusiastic bunch of members for no good reason, so it's a great time to do a bit of housekeeping and ensure that your own forum is attractive to be a member of and a good source of info.

Dave Applesquasher

Well said Songsheet, I entirely agree.
    Could do with a paragraph break here and there though.

The problem exists because *you* perpetuate the problem.

And really, do we have to have threads like this every day? Just choose a forum, its not difficult. We're tired of listening to your bellyaching.
    I manage to refrain from name calling and am able to debate threads but I don't think I can be blamed for the fact we have 2 forums or do you know something I don't ?

Quote Originally Posted by Songsheet View Post
    Well said, PBH! Knock the other forum all you want but I would bet it's there to stay and, while I have no idea whether the huge conspiracy theory holds water, at least they're more open with their members as to what's happening. The problem with this forum is that it refuses to change - same moderators, same attitudes and a reluctance to get a grip with the current technology on offer. I know everyone is ultra busy, especially anyone trying to farm and run a forum such as this one but if that's they way you want to play it , don't kick off when someone else thinks they can do better - it's called a free economy. I am sure this will make me less than popular but I believe it needs saying and all anyone running a forum has to do if they don't have the time themselves to keep everything up-to-date and backed up is ASK THEIR MEMBERSHIP. I am sure there are loads of loyal and more than capable members on this forum who would have been more than pleased to lend a helping hand and would still do so. I will continue to pick and choose where I log on, while still permitted to do so by any forum I have joined but other forums don't get up and running with an enthusiastic bunch of members for no good reason, so it's a great time to do a bit of housekeeping and ensure that your own forum is attractive to be a member of and a good source of info.
    That's it in a nutshell. BFF, existed in a state of almost "arrogance", for far too long. Excluded new wannabe members! Gave no explanations as to why! Stuck with old technology, etc, etc.
    All of a suden, when the brown stuff hit the fan, Blue emerged out of the blue, and suddenly had time, to put a bit of time into BFF.
    Suddenly, it was possible for new members and old, to join / rejoin using standard un of the mill email addresses.
    Suddenly Blue, got posting and talking and explaining, stuff!

If only Blue, had shown just a fraction of that, when BFF was flying, TFF wouldn't exist today

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshak View Post

Just my opinion.
    Lets hope so because the rest of your post was complete bullshit.

I dont think many people realise how much time and effort Blue put into BFF over a period of probably 5 or 6 years, quite possibly longer. My memory doesnt go back that far.

Yes he may or may not have made a small amount of money from it, but its was never going to make anyone rich. Blue did what he did because he wanted to - he provided a free to use forum which was considerably better than anything else out there. A lot of lessons were learnt and a lot of time went into BFF, and it was like it was for a reason. There are other forums available for those who dont like it, but all this complaining and whinging does nobody any good. Things are by no means perfect on Clives forum, and maybe only those who have been around a long time can see why. But anyway, you have free will, if you dont like it here then bugger off elsewhere, there are plenty of forums beside this one and Clives. If you do like it then stop complaining and just get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Songsheet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshak View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. BFF, existed in a state of almost "arrogance", for far too long. Excluded new wannabe members! Gave no explanations as to why! Stuck with old technology, etc, etc.
    All of a suden, when the brown stuff hit the fan, Blue emerged out of the blue, and suddenly had time, to put a bit of time into BFF.
    Suddenly, it was possible for new members and old, to join / rejoin using standard un of the mill email addresses.

If only Blue, had shown just a fraction of that, when BFF was flying, TFF wouldn't exist today

Just my opinion.
    Got to agree with these two. Almost feel sorry to have to say so, which is rather odd.
    Thing is, people kept saying that there were many people wanting to join and couldn't, kept wanting to use apps like Tapatalk to access it conveniently from mobile devices, could see that the software was not being updated and that nothing was done to keep it fresh, but possibly didn't know that it was apparently not being backed up.

All this just begged for someone more enthusiastic and on-the-ball to start a serious alternative and an alternative was up and running before this one stopped chasing its tail let alone communicate with its members as to what was going on.

I don't 'blame' anyone. In fact I admire Clive's enterprise and enthusiasm. What I deplore is the sniping from members of both forums about it. And the major downside of the previous forum being split and divided. Also it feels like the hard work of the previous management id being belittled in certain quarters and it is not pleasant from my point of view and I'm sure that, being human [allegedly] they are sure to feel pissed-off to say the least.

But, hey-ho, such is life.
    The Duck 2015

It's rather odd that those who complain that the British Farming Forum wasn't run to their liking also complain that there is now an alternative to it

Quote Originally Posted by Condi View Post
    Lets hope so because the rest of your post was complete bullshit.

I dont think many people realise how much time and effort Blue put into BFF over a period of probably 5 or 6 years, quite possibly longer. My memory doesnt go back that far.

Yes he may or may not have made a small amount of money from it, but its was never going to make anyone rich. Blue did what he did because he wanted to - he provided a free to use forum which was considerably better than anything else out there. A lot of lessons were learnt and a lot of time went into BFF, and it was like it was for a reason. There are other forums available for those who dont like it, but all this complaining and whinging does nobody any good. Things are by no means perfect on Clives forum, and maybe only those who have been around a long time can see why. But anyway, you have free will, if you dont like it here then bugger off elsewhere, there are plenty of forums beside this one and Clives. If you do like it then stop complaining and just get on with it.
    Hang on a minute. I do like it here. I did like the old BFF. I am not complaining. I'm simply commenting on the current situation, and why BFF got to this point.
    That's all.
    I guess, I believe, BFF had serious potential for much, much greater success than it ever realised.
    Why, because it's development was neglected.
    Why that was, ............. I don't know!
    But neglect of any business, for whatever reason good, bad or indifferent, leads only to one outcome.
    BFF arrived at that outcome.
    Here's hoping it recovers, but if it does, it will have to do so with another forum, sucking oxygen out of it's air space.
    That's just a fact of life now.

T

[QUOTE=Toshak;7513]That's it in a nutshell. BFF, existed in a state of almost "arrogance", for far too long. Excluded new wannabe members! Gave no explanations as to why! Stuck with old technology, etc, etc.

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE

Spot on there. While all was ticking along nicely notmhaving to anything and drawing some money along the way great. All goes tits up and suddenly all are welcome. I coldnt get on here for six months even spoke to blue or footsfitter at lamma he said oh yeah just send me an email i he would sort it, did so but still nothing. Now we have 2 forums to choose from. Nothing like some competion to keep people on the ball.

Just to comment that it isn't compulsory to sign up for any forum. There's millions of them out there. Just sign up for the ones you want

Jim Webster

i really enjoyed the old bff and missed it when it disapeared.ive re registered on here and also on clives site and spend more time on there.i dont suppose the two websites will ever join up,much as i and many would like to see.biggest problem with 2 sites is it takes twice as long to trawl through both of em
    nick.........

Quote Originally Posted by nick... View Post
    i really enjoyed the old bff and missed it when it disapeared.ive re registered on here and also on clives site and spend more time on there.i dont suppose the two websites will ever join up,much as i and many would like to see.biggest problem with 2 sites is it takes twice as long to trawl through both of em
    nick.........
    +1