Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 forums again.

Re: 2 forums again.

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    I think you have me confused with someone else.
    No your basilseal banned on the former Bff for sending abusive pms.

Is there anyway I can recover my old PM messages as there was stuff there I needed

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Blue was good enough to provide an alternative when things went tits up at FWi. For that alone we should all be grateful. I suggest people simply pick one forum and stick to it. All it needs is a little willpower....
    Clive was good enough to provide an alternative when things went tits up at BFF. For that alone we should all be grateful.

I am registered on 5 different farming forums. Clives one I look at every day, the others 2-3 times a week. Nothing you or anyone says will make me choose one over the others. In fact, if you tell me to forget the others, I am more likely to stop using the one you are pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Some just don't get it Jim.
    I've spend too long leaning over a bucket with my fingers in a calf's mouth, trying to get it to drink to start doing the same job in a virtual environment.
    If someone doesn't like a forum, then they can just walk away and never log on again. It's really that simple.
    Forums grow, pick up membership, pass the magic number which means they have some sort of momentum. Then something happens, they fade or get shut down and die.
    Ten minutes on google will produce a score of moribund forums where only the spambots post anymore
    A forum where the main discussion is about the nature of the forum is a waste of time and people will walk away.

Jim Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Forage Trader View Post
    Ok the argumentative ones that was banned from here are over there, it's quite nice to have a good argument, nothing worse than someone agreeing with you all the time
    +1 I quite agree with you there FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Webster View Post
    A forum where the main discussion is about the nature of the forum is a waste of time and people will walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    No doubt you had never seen one of my few posts until today but I was a member and regular lurker and occasional poster too.

So at 10,000 posts I believe that would take the Duck 5000 days/13.7 years to achieve.
    Last edited by Blue; 02-03-13 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edited out Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Forage Trader View Post
    Ok the argumentative ones that was banned from here are over there, it's quite nice to have a good argument, nothing worse than someone agreeing with you all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilO View Post
    +1 I quite agree with you there FT.
    I also agree but name calling & personal attacks is another territory all together.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

You've got to have a sense of humour in life. Whether mine is always appreciated is another thing. Sometimes feel I'm casting pearls before swine, but never mind that some real swine have crawled out of the mire to post here recently.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 02-03-13 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bloggs View Post
    No your basilseal banned on the former Bff for sending abusive pms.

Who ever you think I am, I can assure you If i had something to say i would say it in the open forum or not at all, I would certainly not send abusive private messages to anyone, so please do not accuse me of doing so.

I you think I am a banned user, I suggest you tell either the forum owner or the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Webster View Post
    I've spend too long leaning over a bucket with my fingers in a calf's mouth, trying to get it to drink to start doing the same job in a virtual environment.
    If someone doesn't like a forum, then they can just walk away and never log on again. It's really that simple.
    Forums grow, pick up membership, pass the magic number which means they have some sort of momentum. Then something happens, they fade or get shut down and die.
    Ten minutes on google will produce a score of moribund forums where only the spambots post anymore

Jim Webster
    I agree entirely Jim.

BFF started because people were dissatisfied with the Farmers' weekly site, if people aren't happy with BFF then they will likewise go elsewhere. At the moment i think it is still fit for purpose, and may yet improve as some new people come on board and contribute. Sometimes a bit of competition is no bad thing. Nothing is forever, especially on the internet, I belong to a number of forums, not all of them farming related, I read them for a bit and if I get bored, I go elsewhere.

I don't want to see the forums joined as it seems clive is doing a great job of keeping all the motormouths and previously banned muppets entertained on his forum. I don't care why previously some people were not able to join or not and I dont need an explanation for what has gone on before. I don't care how many posts and threads the other forum has got as it is all about quality not quantity at the end of the day. I dont want to read offensive jokes, stupid comments and remarks by people who are ony interested in telling eveybody how great they think they are. Some people seem to think this is all a race or a numbers game on post counts or number of threads but it isnt.
    This forum seems to be well organised, pleasant, informative and with the exception of a few who have crept in, very friendly.
    If people really like another forum then go there, its a free country. If there are 10 or 10,000 members on BFF then thats fine because hopefully people can get the best out of it and its members and looking through the various threads so far thats exactly what people are doing and thats great to see. This is only one of thousands of farming or machinery forums on the net and if you like it then use it.

I'd write plus one to Dragline's post, but then I'd have to shoot myself.

My final contribution to this thread. I guess like many i miss the old forum as it had so many on there some of these seem to of drifted now. I was not aware of free email problems as i dont have a free email account. All i said was its a shame that its gone to two but like everything things evolve and i had better evolve with it, This has always been and will always be my farming forum. Some of the comments have been very good and enlightening to the state that i think well thats right the fittest will survive. Some comments have been down right rude, there is no need for that. I sincerely hope that over time we get back all the fantastic contributors that have made this such a good place.

Glad to be back on this place just feels like home , at last it has reconised my email ac .Yes it was a shame what happened to the old forum but i dare say lessons have been learnt .
    My thanks go to admin and mods for putting in the effort to set this up and keep it going well done all.

One or two posts have had to be removed.
    I don't think there is too much point continuing to rake over this issue, so I'll close this thread now.

We'll just have to see how thing pan out.

Cheers everyone.