Thread: Assisted Steer - minimum speed?

Steevo

Assisted Steer - minimum speed?

Does anyone know if there is a minimum speed for assisted steering systems like the Topcon AES-25, EZ-Pilot etc?

graybo

Re: Assisted Steer - minimum speed?

1.6 kph for Ezi-steer/Ezi-pilot.
    But you won't get the best performance below 4 kph.

combineguy

HI

I know with the Topcon X20 you have to be doing above 5km/hr before auto steer will engage.

Not sure about the AES-25, as i have not driven our tractor which that is fitted too

flowerpower

Morning all , we currently run Topcon system 150 ,, with the steering wheel motor . The lowest speed this will work at is 1 kph , any lower than this and it drops out . I understand that you can have it working slower but this is down to dealer setting . We use it for planting and getting land ready run on RTK , and its very very good .
    Thanks

Ross M

Graybo is correct. Ez-Steer and Ez-Pilot systems will go down to 1.61kph, but below 3-4 aren't anything special. This is due to the fact their is no wheel sensor on the axle. any assisted steering is fairly unreliable below 4kph. Autopilot is the way to go.

fergyfarmer

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum speed for assisted steering systems like the Topcon AES-25, EZ-Pilot etc?
    Topcon aes 25 slowest speed is 1.1kph LAZER SHARP LINES at this speed.

And have had it running well up into 16kph too, start to loose straight lines afterthat

[YOUTUBE]q9msTJ2mfQk[/YOUTUBE]

FF