Thread: SSE FITs Payments Difficulty

alexsmb

SSE FITs Payments Difficulty

Is anyone having difficulty getting SSE to pay out for FITs?

I submitted my second three monthly meter readings on 1st August but received nothing. I then resubmitted the readings to include August on 1st September by phone. I was told that as it was a large amount (10,002) it had to be cleared by a manager. Since then I have spoken to SSE in Cardiff on a weekly basis.

The staff there are very helpful and appear as frustrated as me. Every time I speak to them I get told it has been pushed to a senior manager's inbox and will be paid in the next 7-10 days. This has happened three times. The last person I spoke to in Cardiff immediately made an official complaint in my behalf in order to get it pushed through but then he realised the last guy I'd spoken to had also complained for me so that route doesn't seem to work well either!

If others are having the same problem then we can combine to put extra pressure on SSE. I expect they are being inundated by large claims now, after the March rush to get turbines up, but they need to get their systems working efficiently now.

farfrae

Re: SSE FITs Payments Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by alexsmb View Post
    I suspect that they haven't got their heads around authorising payments for large amounts. They pay my small (around 500) domestic FIT in around 3 weeks with no issues.

sprocket

This a government led scheme, so contact you MP.

RGT

Arrow Re: SSE FITs Payments Difficulty

SSE Swalec in the begining time line for payments when fits started was around the 3 month to 60 day period following your submitted readings.

Then as time moved on in 2nd yr. of fit's it became better down to 1 month after readings submitted.

The start of this year it was down to days after submitted readings but the last one submitted for end of September readings NOT paid yet so-is it new systems/alterations or what I wonder?

Also think there is a lot of paper and paperless conflicts with their system as we do all on-line but still paperwork comes through sometimes and not other times, then asking if you want cheque or bacs payments when they already know the answer?
    System must churn out stuff automatically?

fermerboy

Different scale to you Alex,

My mate has a C&F 20kw and is with SSE.

He is submitting his readings and gets paid pretty fast afterwards, no bother at all as far as I can gather. The first time they paid him by crediting his bill, but now he gets a cheque I think.

I'm with Npower and have to submit a reading, they send a statement and I then have to send an invoice with VAT(20%) on the electricity export part. I then get paid by DD after that.

He doesn't have to charge VAT but I do, which seems odd to me.
    It makes no odds to me as its a farming business setup reclaiming VAT anyway.
    What are others doing?

North East Crofter

We are with SSE but as only a GAIA so not as big FIT or export payments.

We submit readings by email and are paid by cheque within a month except for the first time which took nearly 2 months.

mf6480

Quote Originally Posted by fermerboy View Post
    Different scale to you Alex,

My mate has a C&F 20kw and is with SSE.

He is submitting his readings and gets paid pretty fast afterwards, no bother at all as far as I can gather. The first time they paid him by crediting his bill, but now he gets a cheque I think.

I'm with Npower and have to submit a reading, they send a statement and I then have to send an invoice with VAT(20%) on the electricity export part. I then get paid by DD after that.

He doesn't have to charge VAT but I do, which seems odd to me.
    It makes no odds to me as its a farming business setup reclaiming VAT anyway.
    What are others doing?
    We are with npower but i submit readings to them they then send out statement with the total on. and then they pay us. but dont include any vat, which i cant understand. 29.4kw solar panels.

Exfarmer

It is important that you submit them an invoice with VAT on as they will not pay the VAT otherwise
    You are still liable to pay any VAT so it will be assumed that your payment includes the VAT by dividing you cheque by 100/120
    You will be liable to pay 16.66% to the VATman
    So if you have not sorted this do it now!
    You could build a very big liability for the future if you are taking several thousand pounds a year in FITs
    This obviously does not apply to any domestic installations, but then you will not have claimed the VAT back on these

Sorry to correct this post
    FIT payments do not attract VAT
    It is the export which attracts VAT

glass-half-full

my fit payment paperwork shows vat on the export?

its eon

Penmoel

We are with SSE, to get the first payment they have been a complete shambles, had figures from us in July, sent a letter out in September with the correct FIt reference but someone elses name asking for figures which we gave them, as they said they did not have the July figures.

In October they sent us a letter apologising for the september letter, and that they now have the July figures, in the end, contact with one individual got it sorted and we were paid by BACS 3 days later, if the OP wants her e-mail details I can send them onto you.

VAT as said above is dealt with by us invoicing them after they have told us waht it should be, I did ask them why they could simply not do a self invoice for the VAT and send a copy to us, apparently their systems wont allow this

BadLamber

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    It is important that you submit them an invoice with VAT on as they will not pay the VAT otherwise
    You are still liable to pay any VAT so it will be assumed that your payment includes the VAT by dividing you cheque by 100/120
    You will be liable to pay 16.66% to the VATman
    So if you have not sorted this do it now!
    You could build a very big liability for the future if you are taking several thousand pounds a year in FITs
    This obviously does not apply to any domestic installations, but then you will not have claimed the VAT back on these

Sorry to correct this post
    FIT payments do not attract VAT
    It is the export which attracts VAT
    My export with sse was paid with 0% VAT. I was wondering about this. So I have too charge them VAT on export but not on FITs. Thanks for information.

clover

I'm with SSE.I've been producing for 18 months.I haven't a clue how they operate.I phone in my readings every 3 months to an individual who seems to be quite capable.I have had a few cheques which seemed to tally with the readings I gave them.Now,they seem to be crediting my electric bill.I'll be phoning my contact at SSE with my latest reading next week.I'll ask her what the policy is.So,its a bit shambolic,but I'm getting paid what i should get,one way or another.I think.....I better check again.

BadLamber

Quote Originally Posted by alexsmb View Post

I submitted my second three monthly meter readings on 1st August but received nothing. I then resubmitted the readings to include August on 1st September by phone. I was told that as it was a large amount (10,002) it had to be cleared by a manager. Since then I have spoken to SSE in Cardiff on a weekly basis.

The staff there are very helpful and appear as frustrated as me. Every time I speak to them I get told it has been pushed to a senior manager's inbox and will be paid in the next 7-10 days. This has happened three times. The last person I spoke to in Cardiff immediately made an official complaint in my behalf in order to get it pushed through but then he realised the last guy I'd spoken to had also complained for me so that route doesn't seem to work well either!

If others are having the same problem then we can combine to put extra pressure on SSE. I expect they are being inundated by large claims now, after the March rush to get turbines up, but they need to get their systems working efficiently now.
    You get sorted yet Alex

balerman

Maybe barking up the wrong tree here,but would it not be better to go with a company separate to your electricity provider for FITs,then you dont need to change when you change providers,they are all a shower of s**** to deal with anyway.We use Good Energy,been very good so far.

alexsmb

The money eventually arrived today. Only a couple of months late. I put in my next meter readings last week and hopefully the next payment will be quicker. The higher the payment the more hurdles it needs to clear and their system doesn't seem very good but hopefully it is improving.

RGT

yes-gone backwards-month and a Half this time to pay??