Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wise Buy? High hour MF Dyna VT

Chae

Re: Wise Buy? High hour MF Dyna VT

Quote Originally Posted by Get off My Land View Post
    Trust me i would if it wasnt the fact of WARRANTY & the dealer washing there hands of it if theres any issues.
    Outside of warranty then thats a dif story, but i dont want Diffs failing & issues with any of that Gbox as the bills could be huge.
    True. Up here dealers will sell chips and standby warranty, they dyno it etc so know its nothing crazy.

Get off My Land

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Take little notice of the brochure weights. But in this instance there may be a slight weight difference apart from the standard wheel and tyre spec. The 7618 D6 has the extra heavy duty rear linkage top cover and lift rods along with other small differences.
    Fair comment Mr Duck.
    as i see the minimum weight of the T3 6480 is about 5500kg which i think is a bit light.
    Does that Inc full tank of Diesel & Front links with that 180kg lump aswell ?
    always reconed mine are about 6000kg & same tractor in 85guise was a ton more.
    Next time iam at grain store must weight them in.
    U seen a 7618 in the flesh then? what Backend does it have ??? surely it cant be the 80s ?
    seeing i see it can now lift 8600kg as an option + 4000kg upfront.
    Thx

massey_matt

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    You should try chipping your 6480 goml, it does completely change a tractor. Does anyone on here have a chipped 6480? Never spoken to anyone who has chipped one.
    I know some one running a 6480 T3 perkins, remapped to just a little under 200hp on the shaft and he loves it, says its completely transformed the tractor.

Tree mover

So is this issue more to do with emmission regs?

bluegreen

I think the smaller 7600s have only just started arriving in dealer yards, one month ago I hadnt seen any but on Saturday they had several, mainly 7616 versions (6480 replacement) but imnot sure if bar axle is std on 7618, personally I doubt it, probably optional.

gone

On the trip to france I saw the 7618, these are the best pics of the back end that I have, I thought it was a lot lighter than the 6490 I have and I hate the fact that they still use the same hub size as they did with the 65.

Agrotron150.7

Quote Originally Posted by massey_matt View Post
    Cant see the current 6480 back end been 'on its limits'. surely its been tested to handle more.

With the 6485 being a heavier duty back end it wont just have more power to cope with but increased load weights.

Whats the largest Class equivalent that uses the 6480 back end?
    as far as i know, the biggest claas is the 640 at the mo but it uses the hd 6480 as standard but the new 650 is out soon i believe which as far as i know is a 640 with a few more ponies

Cowabunga

Remember that they have a choice of two transmissions and back axles as well as front axles. The German VT arse will look very different from the Beauvais D6 arse.

culphim78

We have a chipped 6480 t2 it goes okay not a patch on the claas 640 chipped but it's a much smaller tractor ie lift capacity if you want a 200 hp tractor buy 1 a 6495 or a 7620 otherwise stop moaning

dee

has anyone drove a 7616 yet and how did you find it for power???

will_matt

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    has anyone drove a 7616 yet and how did you find it for power???
    dee have you that other heap fixed yet an when ye do get er on the dyno an crank her up abit more lol

earnacrust

Have had a 7616 for just over a month now, it replaced a 6480 and works beside a 6480. The cab suspension is vastly improved, alot stiffer yet still soft enough to iron out the bumps, very good on high speed road work. Power wise it is pretty much the same as the 64, but has only done 120 hours so still got to open up. Fuel use is most impressive, especially on light jobs, have wondered if the gauge was working, on heavier work, ie 2000 rpm all day, only a slight improvement but still noticable, may get better as she opens up.

Downsides, setting up gears for field/road work are no where near as easy as on the 64's, find the dial much easier. Also as we only have the efficient cab which comes with two electric spools but no datatronic there is no HMS where the spools can be incorperated, or the sv1/2 which is a shane cause the cruise control is fantasic but when doing tillage work it has to be pressed for every run, why it couldnt be incorperated with the linkage controls i dont know.

The new start up gear selection sequence means you can no longer accidentaly adjust it but it is bit delicate to get to the right gear, hopefully i will get better with practice. Gearbox feels smoother, the speed of gear changes can be adjusted, just gets left in fastest. Cab is much nicer place, shame they didnt change the heater contols, but like the dash and buttons on right pillar, much tidier. The steering lock is vastly improved, as it the lighting, new lights on the bonnet are brilliant.

On the whole it is an improvement on a already very good tractor, if its as reliable as what it replaced I will be a happy camper.

Get off My Land

Atlast a half decent review on the smaller 76 range....
    Overall i understand most of what ya saying.

Heres one for ya...

Why have the doubled the width of the clutch Peddle & now theres just about no gap before you hit the left hand brake peddle....

Cant say ive ever had an issue the way the were before. & you could stretch ya leg between them aswell.

Ya cant do that now...

Find this v usefull when ploughing.

Thought they mite use less diesel. Trade off against Ad-Blu tho ??? yes or no ???
    does that now more lively SISU engine respond to throttle increases quicker over your 6480 ??

My 800+hr 6480 pulls great when you get it upto 1800revs but its the getting in there that takes a while.

No Autodrive wheel anymore... aye it works fine so they get rid of it eh....
    Allways thought them SV1 & SV2 wheels were for the VARIO gbox but seems not so anymore.

Hows the steering lock any dif??? there 55degrees as standard & you can give them alittle more if you havnt got mega wide tyres fitted ??

Bonnet lights..... Drool Drool.......

thx.

earnacrust

Clutch brake pedal setup is a little strange but can't say it's much of a problem, might have something to do with being able to use the brakes to put the tractor into neutral, can only see that being an advantage with loader work.

The adblue consumption is alot lower during lighter duties, lasts about 2 tanks of diesel in heavy work and has lasted all week while spraying, rolling, still half left.

Sisu seems to give no more power top end but pulls much harder from about 1300 rpm compared to the perkys and is a very smooth engine. Might be helping with the fuel consumption too as we have never had a Sisu 64 to compare with.

Another thing I'm not sure I like is that whenever forward or reverse is engaged the revs automatically pick upto 1000 rpm, fine in the field but a bit of a pain with inching duties around the yard.

Steering lock is a strange one, all our drivers say it's better yet it's on same size tyres, sprayer defiantly follows better.

Get off My Land

hmmm the revs goto 1000 do they....
    Funny they never tell u that in the brochure.... dont like that idea.
    Iam 99.9% sure the front axles will be the same as the 64's unless you have that faster steering feature engaged ??

Fuel use sounds positive anyways.

I can sit & roll using 6.2m vaderstad rollers allday at 1300revs ney botha & just use the gbox to do all the work but it does put smoke out at them revs...
    The perkins runs better at 1400+ doing same job.
    Yet get it pulling on the road upto 1800 & theres some power coming from god knows where !!! it will hangon in top gear far far longer on a hill than the perkins does.
    Stick the 4fur KV on & its happy enuff till you hit the tough stuff then it just pulls it back no matter what revs ya at, in 3A even, be fine if that poxy power boost worked in 2nd gear when ploughing the heavier stuff in say 2D/E/F but ya struggle.

Whats with the small metal wrap around bar on inside door catch ???
    Surely that gets in ya way ???

Looks like a stronger door lock mech aswell. with a proper sized Door Lock Striker PIN !!

Is the Ignition Key Individual then ???

what about the door locks ??

Surely these changes have been made to inc these changes coz its about time it was that way.

massey_matt

The engine revving to 1000rpm is to do with cleaner running of the SCR.

The revs are at idle as normal when in neutral.

Not sure on the guard under the door handle, safety?

Ignition keys are different yes but not coded. Sure all 7600 keys are the same, could be wrong.

Door locks use the same key as ignition. Door locks are in the usual place, cant say the same for the ignition though!! Maybe an Agco thing, Challenger idea maybe.

Ad

Quote Originally Posted by en-tee View Post
    Back to the OP
    My uncle has been to see that tractor also know's the previous driver, apparently it's very tidy for the hours & genuine tractor.

Think he's looking for something younger though.

jackstor

Quote Originally Posted by en-tee View Post
    Currently got the hots for a 7480 with high hours. It's cheap enough but I've heard horror storys about the fendt vario transmission and five figure bills when they go wallop.

Should I be worried, or even consider such a tractor.

Or should I invest a bit more and get something newer?

I know nowt about running these tractors so testamonials would be appreciated.

Ta
    We had an 05 7480, great tractor to drive, really liked it, but unfortunately I think it was built on a friday night of a bank holiday weekend. having run mf's for 40+ years, it was one of the reasons for changing colours, along with second hand values, build quality etc. But I know of a lot of folk who run them and have been very reliable, think we were unlucky.
    I wouldn't be too worried about buying it, a lot of tractor for the money, and a lot, lot nicer machine than a dyna6 6480.

Get off My Land

Quote Originally Posted by Ad View Post
    Back to the OP
    My uncle has been to see that tractor also know's the previous driver, apparently it's very tidy for the hours & genuine tractor.

Think he's looking for something younger though.
    9300hrs it does look tidy...
    But would you really like a tractor with that many hrs on ???
    Esp a T2 engine...

T3 6480 isnt that bad a Tractor but seeing as ive never driven a VARIO atall i cant comment.
    But there more so thats probs the main reason why theres not half as many about & worth less 2nd hand... U cant win.

Dyna-6+ Gbox will arrive one day ;-)

Or by then MF will have had to come up with a DSG type of Gbox only better than what the Green/Yellow Men have just launched.

Maybes thats the other news that AGCO will be releasing soon

Get off My Land

Quote Originally Posted by massey_matt View Post
    The engine revving to 1000rpm is to do with cleaner running of the SCR.

The revs are at idle as normal when in neutral.

Not sure on the guard under the door handle, safety?

Ignition keys are different yes but not coded. Sure all 7600 keys are the same, could be wrong.

Door locks use the same key as ignition. Door locks are in the usual place, cant say the same for the ignition though!! Maybe an Agco thing, Challenger idea maybe.
    All Keys still the SAME..... DER come on AGCO sort this....
    Yep agree why since the 35 upto 2011tractors the Ignition key has never had to move, then they shift it? was it gonna hit me Knee like ???

Usefull info tho thx U

Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Get off My Land View Post
    9300hrs it does look tidy...
    But would you really like a tractor with that many hrs on ???
    Esp a T2 engine...
    What problems are with that T2 engine compared with a T3? (i think it has had a new fuel pump on)

rodtheblue

Quote Originally Posted by jackstor View Post
    We had an 05 7480, great tractor to drive, really liked it, but unfortunately I think it was built on a friday night of a bank holiday weekend. having run mf's for 40+ years, it was one of the reasons for changing colours, along with second hand values, build quality etc. But I know of a lot of folk who run them and have been very reliable, think we were unlucky.
    I wouldn't be too worried about buying it, a lot of tractor for the money, and a lot, lot nicer machine than a dyna6 6480.
    You weren't that unlucky I had 2 7480 and had problems with both. the first had 2 gta computers and a front axel diff. The second ,which had the massey version of TMS, arrived whith ghost error codes which massey couldn't get rid of, then the brakes stuck on and rust was found in the acctuators and after my dealer had "fixed" it 900hrs later the brakes failed again, I lost all brakes apart for the left hand side back even the trailer brakes failed and crashed the tractor into the hedge and wrote it off into 3 bits. My dealer wouldn't lend me a tractor and I had to go with out untill I bought a New Holland and the New Holland dealer gave me a tractor untill mine arrived.