Thread: Trimble 750 camera

rookie

Trimble 750 camera

Thought i'd post this as it may be of some help. Just bought an adapter cable from vapormatic (vlc5623) for connecting camera. Has proper plug for trimble and 6m of cable. Then got infra red camera off ebay. Got it mounted on seed hopper of drill and works a treat. Adapter cable was less than 9 and camera 33 So set up cost 42(inc vat). A lot cheaper than genuine one .

Badshot

Re: Trimble 750 camera

Any links for those parts? I'd like to add a camera or 2 to mine, one to see the hopper contents and one to see what's coming along the road when pulling out of junctions (front hopper).

fergie35

rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    Any links for those parts? I'd like to add a camera or 2 to mine, one to see the hopper contents and one to see what's coming along the road when pulling out of junctions (front hopper).
    Adapter cable from any vapormatic dealer as link on above post. Local dealer was 7.48 + vat. Thought it would be 30 + ! Camera from eBay, same as item number 190739732952. Works well on accord with lid closed so fairly dark conditions. Couple of 's less than I paid for it. Limiting factor with picture is you can't tweek adjustments for colour etc on the trimble the same as you can on a dedicated monitor. Unless somebody tells me different.

Just noticed relisted eBay item is now shipped from Hong Kong. Mine was UK stock and arrived within couple of days. Other similar ones available from UK though.

Badshot

Thanks very much.

Gadget

If you have two cameras on one 750 is the same plug used? If so what number are the pins for them?
    G

rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    If you have two cameras on one 750 is the same plug used? If so what number are the pins for them?
    G
    For 2 camera's pretty sure you will need 2 seperate adapter cables (as above) one for each of the 2 inputs on the back of the 750. Don't think you can have 2 cameras off same input.. Can't help you with pin numbers.

HAM135

Got the cable and a camera,got it plugged in,wonder if someone can tell a dimwit how to make the thing work?

I don't suppose anyone can put a link up to the cameras for the 750 screen again, the item number above doesn't work anymore and I was going to order some but don't want to order the wrong ones.
    If in doubt get a bigger hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo View Post

Ta, I see they have normal view ones too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1510310708...84.m1438.l2649

Think I'll get a couple and mount them on magnets so they can be put on different kit easily. Front hopper for one.

How did you get on in the end Badshot?

Looking to put a camera in the seed hopper on the drill. Is it better to have normal view, or reversed?

Hi Steevo,

I ordered one from singapore, normal view, about 28 or thereabouts. That came within a fortnight, looks good enough. I ordered 3 cables from vapormatic through my local dealer and they are not due till the middle of next month so if you are thinking about getting some I'd get them ordered now, think they were 7.50 each

Can you use a 500 or just the 750?

I am using a laptop with web cam, works well but limited cab space for laptop.

Hi Steevo,

I ordered one from singapore, normal view, about 28 or thereabouts. That came within a fortnight, looks good enough. I ordered 3 cables from vapormatic through my local dealer and they are not due till the middle of next month so if you are thinking about getting some I'd get them ordered now, think they were 7.50 each

Thanks Badshot. Spoke to my dealer and they said the same about mid-June. Apparently there were 9 in VP stock but they claim someone bought them all a few days before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim 86FR View Post
    Can you use a 500 or just the 750?

I am using a laptop with web cam, works well but limited cab space for laptop.

No idea, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo View Post
    Thanks Badshot. Spoke to my dealer and they said the same about mid-June. Apparently there were 9 in VP stock but they claim someone bought them all a few days before.

I have seen some genuine trimble ones on ebay in America, about 30 for the cable and over 100 for the camera

[QUOTE=Badshot;169196]I have seen some genuine trimble ones on ebay in America, about 30 for the cable and over 100 for the camera[/QUO

I Have cable from trimble 750 going to camera 4 pin plug but no picture. Wired up correctly what camera's are people using with trmble 750 what do i need to do to get a picture any help please

[QUOTE=bernie the bolt;181985]
    I have seen some genuine trimble ones on ebay in America, about 30 for the cable and over 100 for the camera[/QUO

I Have cable from trimble 750 going to camera 4 pin plug but no picture. Wired up correctly what camera's are people using with trmble 750 what do i need to do to get a picture any help please

If my cable ever turns up I'll let you know if my cheap ebay camera works. Have you pressed the screen buttons on the left side at the top to get the camera feed up? Other than that there is pin changes that may be required, think Derky has just done something along those lines.

[QUOTE=Badshot;181988]
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie the bolt View Post

If my cable ever turns up I'll let you know if my cheap ebay camera works. Have you pressed the screen buttons on the left side at the top to get the camera feed up? Other than that there is pin changes that may be required, think Derky has just done something along those lines.
    yes pressed camera buttons but still no picture i will keep trying hopefully someone will come up with an answer

Ok cables arrived today. Plugged in the flea bay camera, pressed the camera button on the screen and hey Presto it works. Looks useful for very little outlay. Now to locate some good strong magnets.

View from the cab seat.

View from the front linkage frame.
    The colour isn't the best but it certainly allows a much better view.

Not a bad setup!

Interestingly, the ebay cameras I looked at seemed similar spec to one from a proper dealer in terms of resolution etc despite the budget price.

Do you think the colour is down to the camera, or the Trimble screen Badshot? I'm wondering whether I'm better to buy:

1) an ebay camera
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pin-CCD-R...item2a2f18c9dc

2) same reversing camera as I have already
    http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com/e...%2061%20120%22

Fair difference in money, but as per my last post - specs seem very similar. Main difference seems to be 1/4" lens vs. 1/3".

Not sure really but can't see paying double for one. I have Cctv and the colour isn't the best on them either.
    The one I have is the same as your first one but came from Hong Kong or Shanghai for 28
    just ordered another one but reversing view this time and an extension to reach the back of the Bateman.

Thanks. When my cable arrives in a week or so (fingers crossed!) I'll test out the combine camera on both the HD screen I have for it against the 750 and see how they compare. Should tell whether it's the camera or the screen.

Just talked to Vapormatic to clear up a question before I order some cameras of Ebay - they are NTSC cameras, not PAL format.

And the cables are out of stock till the end of September. Bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer IV View Post
    Just talked to Vapormatic to clear up a question before I order some cameras of Ebay - they are NTSC cameras, not PAL format.

And the cables are out of stock till the end of September. Bugger.

Which are NTSC cameras? the ones on ebay?