Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 101 things to damage with a hedgecutter!

ploughman_1959

Re: 101 things to damage with a hedgecutter!

Quote Originally Posted by twang View Post
    Different sort of damage.
    Mindin my own business cutting on the side of the road, had the warning signs up, getting on quite well, a bloke stopped behind me to let the oncoming traffic go by but the bird in the car behind him didnt ran straight into the back of him. Coppers turned up and booked her for careless driving they didnt even speak to me.

Just goes to show our feathered friends were not designed to handle vehicles

twang

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman_1959 View Post
    'Cormorant' no it was a 'shag' [may of been]or was it a 'blackbird' perhaps a bit of 'thrush', looked like a 'great tit' with a bit of 'swallow' ended up with a 'redshank', wasnt a 'humming bird' though liked nectar

Sussex Martin

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman_1959 View Post
    Well the saying is 'if it's got wheels or tits it will cost money' putting them both together is a bad combination .

hesstondriver

Sleeping bag
    Chemical Toilet
    Bicycle
    netting, wire,
    old set of disc harrows

to be continued ....

Maervale

Car aerials, when they park up in the way and go off walking in full knowledge that I'm there trimming.

tractorted

Also broke the lid of a septic tank and was lucky not to get stuck in it. It was in the middle of long grass in a golf course and no one thought to tell me about it.

recycled

i know someone with a mid mounted hedge cutter with a blade , the blade came in to close and caught 1 of the hydraulic pipes blade cut through the hand rail of the cab then droped down to the ground cutting 1/4 the way through the base of a steel lamp post . pipes were rapidly swapped round and exit stage left

reading this makes me feel better, ive not done too bad in 10 years so far, grey telephone exchange box top, few carpets, 2 mattress (grab end with a bobcat grab and revere bobcat, cleared in seconds) and worse so far was a full ball of baler twine in a dyke bottom, after trying to cut out/ pull out even burn out (just melted into hard mess) had to remove flail roto to get it out, now ive posted hate to think what i will get stuck now this season!
    oh and forgetting fert bags and builders 1 ton sand bags burred in long grass, pain to cut out.

Barb wire is not good when you see it rapidly coming up the hedge towards you as the rotor pulls it in.
    nick....

Crushed a 35 grease gun whilst putting trimmer on one day, to grease the sodding thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nick... View Post
    Barb wire is not good when you see it rapidly coming up the hedge towards you as the rotor pulls it in.
    nick....
    last time that happened to me I had to buy a new door

[QUOTE=JohnDeere8530;127431]was cutting a hedge when I was about 17 for my girlfriends dad in their garden and showing off a bit like you do then when in a tractor. Decided to take matters into my own hands and found another hedge that could do with a tweak. Went to cut the top far side of that hedge without looking the other side, only to find out that I put a nice crease all down one side of the roof of Sarahs mothers new car with the hydraulic motor. [the head was angled down at the time 45degrees to make the hedge into point in the centre]

I was so embarrassed afterwards as the father was livid with me, he was pacing up and down screaming. I didnt know whether to laugh it off or leave a bit sharpish, so I chose the latter. That relationship with his daughter needless to say didnt last long afterwards, shame, she was fit as. I'm sure he never did like me from the outset so guess things were doomed from the start. Still she's married to a school teacher now, so guess she lays in bed at night thinking what could of been QUOTE] Yes probably what a lucky escape she had.