Thread: Simple Steering!

besty

Simple Steering!

Currently run a Trimble EZ Guide 500 - use this for simple tasks of Pre Em spraying and the like. I feel its now time to take the next step and move towards a simple-ish, easy to use steering system that i can use for drilling and all other tillage operations.

Logic would tell me to opt for the Trimble EZ steer. This would then work with the EZ guide that i already have. Now what do users think to the EZ steer? Is this accurate enough for drilling?!

I have spoken to a few farmers who rate the Top Con systems and ive found no one who has used the Trimble EZ steer!

I also wish to move the GPS steering unit between tractors - namely my heavy draft NH 7040 for cultivations and the smaller NH 6080 that i use for drilling and spraying.

All help/advice/abuse greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Besty

Rafterman

Re: Simple Steering!

We had a EZ steer set up (now for sale) on a Puma 165. Used to do the drilling, bedforming and cultivations with it. Even bedforming curved headlands.

The more information You put in, the more You get out of it. Don't be afraid to play with the settings.

Easy enough to swap between machines, just make a note of measurments etc for each machine.

O

Clive

Have used a Topcon system with electric steering wheel this year - very easy to move between tractors

It's very good and just as good as the Topcon system that steers our other tractor via valves rather than wheel

Consistant 2 cm accuracy on our RTK signal

We borrowed it for this season but I think I might buy one to swap between combine and short term hire tractor next year as I want easy install and removal from both these machines which are different every year

NH POWER

It might be worth you taking a look at a NH Trimble EZ-Pilot, a real neat unit.

graybo

Quote Originally Posted by NH POWER View Post
    It might be worth you taking a look at a NH Trimble EZ-Pilot, a real neat unit.
    Ezi-Pilot ain't really the best option for swapping between vehicles, you gotta take the steering wheel off.

NH POWER

If you use the trimble wheel which sits a lot lower and enables you to use the shuttle on a T7 or T6 NH then its not a issue. Once the steering wheel has been off and the splines well greased on each tractor then not much more of a problem than swapping ez-steer. The biggest issue is having to swap from a 500 to a 750 to operate a EZ-pilot, but trade in deals at the moment on a 500 to a 750.
    Don,t get me wrong, ez-steer does work, but not to everyones liking having the motor on the side of the wheel.
    The EZ-Pilot scores over the ez-steer as its a positive connection on the steering shaft opposed to a foam wheel on the side.
    Personal choice really.

R Wornham

Rafterman how much are you asking for your EZ Steer

R Wornham

Sadly Rafterman I am not being allowed to send you private messages there is a block on you or me. Robert