Thread: MF5600 release

pudding

MF5600 release

FarmerStan

Re: MF5600 release

Quote Originally Posted by pudding View Post
    Interesting!?

I'm about to look at ordering a 5450!
    I'll have to see what dealer has to say about it!

michael7740

Interesting indeed. We'll have to wait and get all the details from the Duck.

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by michael7740 View Post
    Interesting indeed. We'll have to wait and get all the details from the Duck.
    It is fairly obvious that new models using Sisu engines exclusively were about to be launched at the show. They have to update the engines, especially the ones between 100 and 150hp, to comply with current emission legislation. They are already a year late, using engines allocated to a stockpile derogation as they have done at previous emission steps.
    There are obviously going to be four cylinder models filling that gap and these must have a more radical change of style than the small ones. These have been the shape on the video since this chassis was introduced two years ago.

It is a sad development that British built engines are phased out after a partnership with Perkins that goes back some 55 years. But life goes on and once more they have engines designed with tractors, performance and fuel economy, as the absolute top priority.

From that video it is difficult to see more than a model number change and a new design of roof, but you can bet that there will be a Sisu tucked in under that snazzy hood. I wouldn't expect significant modifications to hardware apart from the engines and style and trim, but could be wrong.

If the previous model introductions are anything to go by, you will be unlikely to see these new tractors on farms until about July next year. But who know's, they might have got their act together this time? Especially if they run out of Perkins engines.

kverneland es 80

looks good,waiting for the 6600 here,the 76s are just hitting the dealers over here

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by kverneland es 80 View Post
    looks good,waiting for the 6600 here,the 76s are just hitting the dealers over here
    Are the bigger four cylinder tractors to be called 66**? Makes sense.

Rob Holmes

+1 (been told by someone high up at MF wait til LAMMA )

Red Bull

You may be waiting a long time, i pressume the 5600's are a replacement for the 5400's and with the 7600's being available in both Dyna6 and DynaVT i'm not sure where a 6600 would fit in allthough nothing has been announced as far as i'm aware on the future of 4 pot 6400's, they could quite easily be classed as smaller 7600's when they are replaced.

Get off My Land

Ive heard thats theres a few new Product Releases before the end of the year...

This is maybes one of them...

Dunno how many more variations of a Tractor we need like.

I have a List of req spec waiting....

Need to consult my AGCO worm on whats gan on like !

I'll be back............

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    You may be waiting a long time, i pressume the 5600's are a replacement for the 5400's and with the 7600's being available in both Dyna6 and DynaVT i'm not sure where a 6600 would fit in allthough nothing has been announced as far as i'm aware on the future of 4 pot 6400's, they could quite easily be classed as smaller 7600's when they are replaced.
    The smaller 7600, the replacement for the 54, 64 and 7475 has been available for some time to order with a choice of D4 D6 or DVT transmission, all with the same model number.

That system will migrate down the range in all probability, with the light chassis, as seen in the video, being called the 56** range. The bigger tractors are already known about in both medium, large and super-large chassis, numbered as the 76** and 86**.
    That leaves the bigger four cylinder models and possibly one smaller six cylinder to fill the gap as 66** models. Don't hold your breath for a 120hp six cylinder though as I think the days of these have gone, considering that you can get long wheelbase four cylinder engines up to 170hp these days that will outperform less powerful sixes in every way, especially including cost and economy-wise.

Rob Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    The smaller 7600, the replacement for the 54, 64 and 7475 has been available for some time to order with a choice of D4 D6 or DVT transmission, all with the same model number.

That system will migrate down the range in all probability, with the light chassis, as seen in the video, being called the 56** range. The bigger tractors are already known about in both medium, large and super-large chassis, numbered as the 76** and 86**.
    That leaves the bigger four cylinder models and possibly one smaller six cylinder to fill the gap as 66** models. Don't hold your breath for a 120hp six cylinder though as I think the days of these have gone, considering that you can get long wheelbase four cylinder engines up to 170hp these days that will outperform less powerful sixes in every way, especially including cost and economy-wise.
    That's what i'm waiting for

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Holmes View Post
    That's what i'm waiting for
    The 5480 with the long stroke four has been available for years. The 6470 was the most powerful D6 for some reason, but it certainly performs.

Rob Holmes

I've got a 6470, can't praise it highly enough, would like a bit more power when it comes to swap

Cowabunga

Just noticed in that video that the cab is fatter at the belt-line and that the exhaust is curved with a much-needed silencer. None of the current 54** four cylinder tractors have an exhaust silencer, which is great as far as long term running costs are concerned, but at the expense of a massive roar across the valleys in line with the exhaust pipe outlet. Some like that while others don't.
    Personally I wish the engine hummed super-silent like an electric motor and think cars with resonators make the drivers look massively ridiculous and anti-social. Give me total silence any day.

These small ones won't be getting adblue yet in all probability but will have some internal EGR. The ones from 100hp up are most likely to have SCR/Adblue engines.

BSH

Do you think they will have the SISU 3cyl engines?

kverneland es 80

The 5480 with the long stroke four has been available for years. The 6470 was the most powerful D6 for some reason, but it certainly performs.
    the 6470 here is the same and blows away the hired in 6480,great tractor
    heard good reports of the big valtra 4cl 170hp?, 6470 with that engine would be frightening

dee

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    Do you think they will have the SISU 3cyl engines?
    yeah i believe they do

Cowabunga

I wonder what farmer's view is of tractors up to 100hp being three cylinder?

Will the fuel economy and maintenance cost benefit outweigh the fact that they sound like a 135? Or will there be great resistance to it?

Personally can't see a problem as long as they pull like a train, only sip the jungle juice and are really quiet. Given these three essentials, then they must be a win-win engine.

If their installation is as noisy as where they are already used in the range, they might as well forget it.

I'm sure that three cylinder engines will be used in the future, are you sure that they are fitted to this particular range of tractors?

The Pretender

There is no 6470 on sale in the US and I read at the weekend on a US machinery forum that 120hp from a 4 cylinder as just too much, there is no way that a 4 cly and be as good as a 6 etc. They'll have a hard time selling them with only 3 pots.

How about some 4 cylinder Dyna VTs with 150 horses?

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    There is no 6470 on sale in the US and I read at the weekend on a US machinery forum that 120hp from a 4 cylinder as just too much, there is no way that a 4 cly and be as good as a 6 etc. They'll have a hard time selling them with only 3 pots.

How about some 4 cylinder Dyna VTs with 150 horses?
    The Americans are quite backwards and extremely conservative in some ways, hence their acceptance of shitty EGR but reluctance about cleaner combustion but added Adblue. There is also a certain segment of society, typified by the conservative rural population, that still believe in 3000 mile oil changes on modern cars.
    It is a wonder that they don't insist on six cylinders for 100hp, let alone four or accept three.

It is obvious that people who insist that four cylinder 120hp engines are inferior to six cylinders have never driven a modern 120hp four.

tractorman

Looks like its going to bounce horrendiously on the road just like the 5400s....!!!

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by tractorman View Post
    Looks like its going to bounce horrendiously on the road just like the 5400s....!!!

Mine doesn't bounce horrendously. It is a 5445 on 420/85r34. As far as I remember it behaves exactly like the similarly sized JD6200 that I had previously did. Less than when my Same was on Pirelli, which bounced violently just below full speed but doesn't on its latest tyres.

Unless you claim that tractors have a flexible backbone or axles, bouncing is all down to tyres.

If you feel that tractor bounce is a priority, get one with front axle and cab suspension. Simple.

The only exception is that 5400 tractors with no suspension had cab mounts at one point that didn't last long, resulting in a hell of a shock when they bottomed out. If you have one of these, get the mountings changed.

My Same doesn't bounce on the road any longer, well, not more than you'd expect anyway. However, the ride is very uncomfortable, possibly due to the cab mounts that have settled and hardened over the years. The cab doesn't really move on its rubber any longer, in marked contrast to the rather soft mounts on the three year old 5445.

pudding

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    yeah i believe they do
    poor cungpoo bungoo wore out his keyboard either that or it smokin

reckon he spinning helicopters on his living room floor at the mo after seeing this video?

wonder if he knows about the SAME Virtus in the same hp bracket coming in the next 12months, new deutz motor, cab like a K series, SAME trans and axle,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsgt22X2Pqs

bungo get yer self some baby wipes before you watch that one

just so you know, its a 4 cylinder

Cowabunga

poor cungpoo bungoo wore out his keyboard either that or it smokin

reckon he spinning helicopters on his living room floor at the mo after seeing this video?

wonder if he knows about the SAME Virtus in the same hp bracket coming in the next 12months, new deutz motor, cab like a K series, SAME trans and axle,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsgt22X2Pqs

bungo get yer self some baby wipes before you watch that one

just so you know, its a 4 cylinder

It's only a bloody tractor man! It either appeals to farmers and fills our needs competitively and sells, or it doesn't. Although interested, I don't actually care either way. I'd be quite happy for the Deutz to be a better machine.

The question for the future is whether a three cylinder engine has advantages over a four at up to, say, 110hp and whether that is acceptable to the customer.

It is only a couple of decades since the same was being asked about fours verses sixes in the same power segment. Engine developments and economics are increasing engine power density quickly and this is the potential result.

Ps. I don't know whether thes particular MF models are three or four cylinder, but assume that they have three just for the sake of argument, and also assume that they are quiet, refined, torquey and economical. What would everyone think of that? Would you buy one or would you be off like whippets to rival dealers who offered four cylinder alternatives?

pudding

i don't know if the MF a 3pot or a 4 :lolk:

wonder if this tractor is at EIMA this week, i imagine its something the italians will be interested in it!

Cowabunga

i don't know if the MF a 3pot or a 4 :lolk:

wonder if this tractor is at EIMA this week, i imagine its something the italians will be interested in it!
    But what if it was a three cylinder? Im not saying that it is, but what if? As a prospective customer or user or even as a knowledgable repairer of engines, would you happily buy a three cylinder tractor of up to 110hp?

If yes, fine, but if not, why not?

FarmerStan

Any news from EIMA then?

R7mwc

There's a little bit of info on the chandlers website..3/4 models at the moment and all with 3cyl engines by the sound of it..

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by R7mwc View Post
    There's a little bit of info on the chandlers website..3/4 models at the moment and all with 3cyl engines by the sound of it..
    Is there?!
    Was only on there a few mins go and didn't see anything.
    Where abouts?

Rust

Mine doesn't bounce horrendously. It is a 5445 on 420/85r34. As far as I remember it behaves exactly like the similarly sized JD6200 that I had previously did. Less than when my Same was on Pirelli, which bounced violently just below full speed but doesn't on its latest tyres.

Unless you claim that tractors have a flexible backbone or axles, bouncing is all down to tyres.

If you feel that tractor bounce is a priority, get one with front axle and cab suspension. Simple.

The only exception is that 5400 tractors with no suspension had cab mounts at one point that didn't last long, resulting in a hell of a shock when they bottomed out. If you have one of these, get the mountings changed.

My Same doesn't bounce on the road any longer, well, not more than you'd expect anyway. However, the ride is very uncomfortable, possibly due to the cab mounts that have settled and hardened over the years. The cab doesn't really move on its rubber any longer, in marked contrast to the rather soft mounts on the three year old 5445.
    Why does a NH 7740 bounce more than a 7840 then ?
    I always put it down to wheel base not tyres !