Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MF5600 release

FarmerStan

Re: MF5600 release

5610 with loader privilege spec ......... Around the 53k mark!!

Servicing costs are supposed to be very high!

Contract hire price is scary!!

Maybe time to look at something else?!?!

Jim B

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerStan View Post
    Couldn't get a 9960 in the end. There wasn't a demo machine in the country.
    Had Kubotos own 108 to try. Have to honest - wasn't very impressed. Very cheap build quality (internally anyway). Did get prices, but would have to be very cheap to tempt me.
    Also had a demo in the mf5450 - was all set to order one, as it was a far superior machine to the Kubota. Then the 5600 was announced. I like the sound of them, so decided to wait.
    Have driven the predecessor to the 9960, the 9540 and yes the cab is a bit plasticy, but if you look beyond that they are a well built, basic tractor. Have sat in a 9960 which has an updated cab and it looks more the part, gearshift is far better too. 9960 would be a lot nicer than a 108 anyway!

A few getting about here over the border and don't hear of any trouble and farmers with them seem pleased. The 9960 is just a newer version of the 9540. Incredible steering lock on them, would be very handy for loader work. Certainly if I was in the market for 100 hp loader tractor I'd be looking long and hard at the Kubota!

I reckon you could have a 9960 and loader for getting towards 20k less than the MF from what people have said they've paid for 9540 with loader. Saw dealer at market recently and he chucked a ball park figure of 33k for basic spec 9960 and loader!

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Have driven the predecessor to the 9960, the 9540 and yes the cab is a bit plasticy, but if you look beyond that they are a well built, basic tractor. Have sat in a 9960 which has an updated cab and it looks more the part, gearshift is far better too. 9960 would be a lot nicer than a 108 anyway!

A few getting about here over the border and don't hear of any trouble and farmers with them seem pleased. The 9960 is just a newer version of the 9540. Incredible steering lock on them, would be very handy for loader work. Certainly if I was in the market for 100 hp loader tractor I'd be looking long and hard at the Kubota!

I reckon you could have a 9960 and loader for getting towards 20k less than the MF from what people have said they've paid for 9540 with loader. Saw dealer at market recently and he chucked a ball park figure of 33k for basic spec 9960 and loader!
    Plan is now to have a good look round at LAMMA and re-evaluate our options.

I would really like something with a glass roof to improve visibility. Don't think Kubota offer this!

FarmerStan

Plan is now to have a good look round at LAMMA and re-evaluate our options.

I would really like something with a glass roof to improve visibility. Don't think Kubota offer this!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that leaves me with, MF, case, nh and deutz from what I can see.

DrDunc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that leaves me with, MF, case, nh and deutz from what I can see.
    Deutz offers two model ranges that cover the 100 ish hp mark. The smaller is the agrofarm, which is the "simpler" of the two, with lower rear lift capacity, a smaller cab, and only two speed powershift (unless you want the CVT version).

The other offering is the agrotron K. There was a recent loader tractor comparison in the farmers guardian that featured this model.

http://www.farmersguardian.com/home/.../45392.article

HOWEVER, the k series is due to be replaced with the 5 series early next year. No details have yet been released that I can find, but you might be lucky at Lamma and find someone in the know.

Another option to add to your list could be the Same Virtus. It's another 3 cylinder, and will apparently this is only to be sold as a Same, departing from SDF's re-badging tradition.

http://www.samevirtus.com/web/index-en.html

Lazy

Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post
    Another option to add to your list could be the Same Virtus. It's another 3 cylinder, and will apparently this is only to be sold as a Same, departing from SDF's re-badging tradition.

http://www.samevirtus.com/web/index-en.html

Get off My Land

5610 with loader privilege spec ......... Around the 53k mark!!

Servicing costs are supposed to be very high!

Contract hire price is scary!!

Maybe time to look at something else?!?!
    aye 53k for a 100hp 3cyl with a loader....
    Rather pricey aint it.
    wonder what that SAME price is ????????
    Servicing costs wont be any worse than any other MF surely ????
    less Oil everywhere thats the only saving over a 6cyl.

leone75

Same Virtus is fitted with a 4 cylinder 3.6 litre deutz motor , same derived transmission with separate shaft ground drive suits the spud guys around here.

Leone75

barley09

Alternatively (at the cheaper end of potential alternatives) there's the new Same Explorer 3 105.

Advertised at EIMA at 38,000 euro which I make out to be about 31,000, add say 5k for a loader looks a good deal doesn't it?

Comes with glass roof, splitter box etc.

Google Explorer 3 105 EIMA for a you-tube video from the show.

No idea on prices for the Virtus yet, looks a very different animal to explorer, kubota etc and likely to be priced accordingly IMHO.

Lazy

Quote Originally Posted by barley09 View Post
    Alternatively (at the cheaper end of potential alternatives) there's the new Same Explorer 3 105.

Advertised at EIMA at 38,000 euro which I make out to be about 31,000, add say 5k for a loader looks a good deal doesn't it?

Comes with glass roof, splitter box etc.

Google Explorer 3 105 EIMA for a you-tube video from the show.

No idea on prices for the Virtus yet, looks a very different animal to explorer, kubota etc and likely to be priced accordingly IMHO.
    A few prices:
    Explorer 3 105 with splitter box and Powershuttle: 35k euro + vat
    Virtus 120 with 650/60 r 38 and 520/60 r 28 XeoBib, suspended front axle and cab, 60 + 60 transmission stop and go, front hitch and pto, 4 electronic valves: 65k euro + vat
    Very basic Virtus 110 said to be around the 45k mark.

All discounted prices.

has anyone had a test of the new 5610 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by vanderbadger View Post
    has anyone had a test of the new 5610 yet?
    I have!

A very surprising wee tractor!

We have a 5440 here that is the same power as the 5610,

The dealer asked us to take the 5610 and run it along side the 5440 to compare,

We didn't have the loader so can't comment there... but I must say the loader joystick was very good and fitted in hand very well,

The cab layout was very good but possibly a little over complicated to what I'm used to,

The 3 cyl definately was alot better than my father and I and also the neighbours that came for a nosey thought it would be

I would say however that the 5440 did have the edge a little bit on the torque and responsiveness end of things

I will fire up pictures later on when I get time

Quote Originally Posted by jack_c View Post
    I have!

A very surprising wee tractor!

We have a 5440 here that is the same power as the 5610,

The dealer asked us to take the 5610 and run it along side the 5440 to compare,

We didn't have the loader so can't comment there... but I must say the loader joystick was very good and fitted in hand very well,

The cab layout was very good but possibly a little over complicated to what I'm used to,

The 3 cyl definately was alot better than my father and I and also the neighbours that came for a nosey thought it would be

I would say however that the 5440 did have the edge a little bit on the torque and responsiveness end of things

I will fire up pictures later on when I get time
    thanks for info, i thought it would be the same as 5450 in terms of power?
    anyway looking forward to pics

Had the tractor on a 1600 Redrock tanker,

We don't have/need a loader tractor hence why we didn't have the loader as we wouldn't have any attachments for it

Power wise the 5440 is 102 hp and the 5610 is 105 (my mistake thought the 5610 was the even 100)

I would say the 5440 had the edge slightly

The gear change on the loader joystick of the 5610 would be very handy

Anyway some pictures,

We had borrowed a neighbours tanker aswell and had that on our own tractor so we could swap over to compare them (myself and my father)

The 5610 was an awful lot quieter than the 5440 which was a little deceiving

All in all if we had taken the 5610 out on demo this time last year when we bought the 5440 we would probably bought one of them instead

If theres any questions I can see if I can answer them

Quote Originally Posted by jack_c View Post
    Had the tractor on a 1600 Redrock tanker,

We don't have/need a loader tractor hence why we didn't have the loader as we wouldn't have any attachments for it

Power wise the 5440 is 102 hp and the 5610 is 105 (my mistake thought the 5610 was the even 100)

I would say the 5440 had the edge slightly

The gear change on the loader joystick of the 5610 would be very handy

Anyway some pictures,

We had borrowed a neighbours tanker aswell and had that on our own tractor so we could swap over to compare them (myself and my father)

The 5610 was an awful lot quieter than the 5440 which was a little deceiving

All in all if we had taken the 5610 out on demo this time last year when we bought the 5440 we would probably bought one of them instead

If theres any questions I can see if I can answer them
    thanks for pics, very tidy looking, whats the lock like? did you get any details on price

The lock was good on her, well about the same as our own which isn't bad,

Very light steering on her,

I think that one stands at about 41k without the loader

Tbh I'm not 100% sure as we didn't talk pricing as it was them that wanted us to take it for a change

We have no intention of changing it was really just a comparison test for dealer feedback

I'll ask when we're up at the dealers next for a rough price but I think about 41k

Why cant massey make the mirror on the exhaust side fold back into the cab,minor point but as its aimed at the livestock sector they are sometimes used in buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by seedman stains View Post
    Why cant massey make the mirror on the exhaust side fold back into the cab,minor point but as its aimed at the livestock sector they are sometimes used in buildings.
    It will get smashed off before that becomes an issue
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Predial View Post
    It will get smashed off before that becomes an issue
    Oi, we're not all that bad. That said I know someone who removes the mirrors, arms and all, from a new tractor and only replaces them when it gets traded.

The chain operated pickup hitch on those tractors does look particularly vulnerable in a livestock environment. Not sure how well the chain will last caked in cow muck.