Thread: % establishment

Yorkie3

% establishment

Drying out well , might get on drilling last 80 acres soon. What % establishment might i get ? I have a neighbour who drills late after potatoes and never puts any less than 250 kg / ha on ! My land is continuous wheat / 2nd wheat, low slug pressure , decent land not the best in terms of an easy seedbed. Thanks y3

Andrew Kerr

Re: % establishment

Copy your neighbours seedrate for sure, slugs will have it!

Brisel

Has any of the land had osr? If some is continuous wheat the slug risk should be less even though it must be heavy to support that cropping.

60% establishment? 425 seeds/m2?

Yorkie3

Yes the 2nd wheat land has rape in rotation i.e last yr it was 1 st wheat and yr before it was rape, will it still have slug pressure ? I only have a problem after rape anywhere else. y3

jed

pile it on just drilled last field today 2nd wheat into a less than ideal seedbed at 2bags to the acre[250kg ha for you younguns] 40tgw think that works out at almost 600 seeds /sqm would hope maybe half will come to something.Its a long time till spring sitting in a wet shitty bed.good luck .I'm of to the pub it's going to taste good tonight.