Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tractor ever made?

hilly bill

Re: Best tractor ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by deere2140 View Post
    JD 6000 series . Game changer for Deere , game over for all the opposition .
    You couldnt disagre with that.Best tractor ever has to be a john deer, probably a 6910.

ih685xl

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    It will be the only one in the known Universe and the surrounding area to get that far without being spannered.

If I was your dad I would get it stuffed and mounted on a plinth.
    I love you duck

Cab-over Pete

Quote Originally Posted by hilly bill View Post
    You couldnt disagre with that.Best tractor ever has to be a john deer, probably a 6910.
    6910 would get my vote too. Agree with Deere2140's comment.

Perhaps a flip of a coin with 55 series.

jamesy

Quote Originally Posted by Hooby Farmer View Post
    My dads 585 case international with a loader. it has 13,000 hours and the bastard wont die only ever had a clutch never had a spanner on it.
    Funny cause I considered our case 585 with loader to be terrible! Much preferred the db 1290 we had at the time.

As far as best tractor, I gues you have to think of them in their day 9/1056xl would have my vote, not just because I grew up loving them but if you compare the 956xl in it's International guise with it's sensodrolic lift to it's equivilent in different makes it was THE BEST........ Might as well lock the thread now....... please?

Richard

Funny how tractors can go 20 years without a spanner put to them, assuming the battery needed replacing at some point do people really just use a hammer?

Forage Trader

MF 35 that probably sold more units in a year than these modern fly by nights in a lifetime

and Ford 5000

cooper

caseih 956/1056 even better when turboed like mine any older than that and has to be the mf135 oldser still and the te20.
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/bmlz41VJnj8[/YOUTUBE]

Red Fred

Fordson tractor/Standard family did more than the others to feed us through both world wars. More important than any single modern make..

joe soapy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fred View Post
    Fordson tractor/Standard family did more than the others to feed us through both world wars. More important than any single modern make..
    +1,, we had four at one time. only repair i can ever remember was a new magneto on one of them

henery

MB trac is a great tool, waaay ahead of its time, built to last. 12 k on mine and still driving the feeder wagon every day. Easy to fix, frugal on fuel and still reasonable to drive. Great great tractor.

static

Our MF3095 has been an excellent little tractor. I imagine the MF3125 would have been just as good, but with a bit more poke. The MF3xxx series has been the best range of Masseys we have run.

Dads IH674 also doesnt seem to complain very much and put in another faultless year of service.

Those two on a rake, tedder and conventional baler probably have made us the most margin per acre of work these last few years.

farmer palmer

I think the 135 was probably the best ever made,the best tractor we have ever owned is a 7210 magnum,had a few spanners on it over the years but nothing to costly and its still going strong and will be here for a few years yet.

Cowabunga

The answer is that every tractor model ever made, with the possible exceptions of the Fordson E27N and the MF595 are somebody's somewhere's best tractor ever made.

Big Vern

have to say MF 3095 as a personal fav,

MF 135
    or if our neighbours dairy is any thing to go by any thing by DB cant tell you the numbers as all the tinwork has gone/been dented half a cab job, roll bar, all his live out side all year round, start work.. and are covered in green smelly stuff..

in raelity it has to be the one that owes you no money, starts when you need it and doesnt break down

SKIMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fred View Post
    I'd go with that anything other is personnal choice.

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by Cab-over Pete View Post
    6910 would get my vote too. Agree with Deere2140's comment.

Perhaps a flip of a coin with 55 series.
    I d have to agree I d say 6310 is best tractor we have had. As Deere2140 has said the 6000 series was such a huge improvement and better than anything else at the time. Perhaps why we get so excited about the launch of new ranges now but often not much has changed. Wonder if a manufacturer will ever develop a completely new range again thats so far ahead of the competition?

heaty

Quote Originally Posted by ED.D View Post
    Probably have to vote for the fendt 500 series, as i got one turning up in the morning.
    Cmon ED, stop keeping us all in suspenders, whats the news on the Fendt ?

Hooby Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Funny cause I considered our case 585 with loader to be terrible! Much preferred the db 1290 we had at the time.

As far as best tractor, I gues you have to think of them in their day 9/1056xl would have my vote, not just because I grew up loving them but if you compare the 956xl in it's International guise with it's sensodrolic lift to it's equivilent in different makes it was THE BEST........ Might as well lock the thread now....... please?
    i never said it was great just keeps trudging on the stockman cab doesnt help either. i hate with a passion doing anything with it, the oul boy loves it

essexpete

The answer is that every tractor model ever made, with the possible exceptions of the Fordson E27N and the MF595 are somebody's somewhere's best tractor ever made.
    I thought the 595 was a Royce Rolls compared to the 188 I drove as a student, I did not pay for the head gasket.

Very difficult to obtain a real answer to this. As someone ponted out the Fordson N made a huge contribution but was crude by the time it finished. Others might be remembered for their reliability or technical/comfort advances, preferably all. When all said it is probably a personal choice with a retrospective smile.

si-mate

I don't see anyone mentioning the Case 42xx range

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by si-mate View Post

ED.D

Quote Originally Posted by heaty View Post
    Cmon ED, stop keeping us all in suspenders, whats the news on the Fendt ?
    Transport was late picking it up so going to be monday now.
    its fair to say there was a few hours negotiation involved to alter the asking price but I bought the 515 out of the weekly last week. Still looks to be on its original tyres and genuine enough so in for a penny in for a pound so to speak. still trying to come to terms with the idea though.

tommy

Put some pics on Ed if you get chance, or better still keep her in my place for a week or two.

marco

best tractor ever made or tractor i'd like to own?

1 jd 7810/7710

2jd 4955/60

3Fendt 824 (powershift)

4Fendt 515c

5valtra n143direct

mud

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    caseih 956/1056 even better when turboed like mine any older than that and has to be the mf135 oldser still and the te20.
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/bmlz41VJnj8[/YOUTUBE]
    +1

ranterrob

just has to be DB's had loads, first trac I ever drove was a 885 with a DB loader, brilliant little trac, for the best it was close between a1212 with a sekura cab and the 1490. Mind you had good service from my NH's now

Magnum Man

Quote Originally Posted by mattg View Post
    Case 9/1056 5150 pro and DB 1690 turbo IMO
    Hi Matt

Were you working by the railway line between Ely and Brandon/Thetford today? Was coming back on train to Thetford from Stansted airport and saw one or two Maxxums working out on the fen.

Martin

manfromhill

Quote Originally Posted by si-mate View Post
    :cry::cry::cry: five years of pain

Another vote for db 885 never die and better brakes than the 135

The Pretender

Quote Originally Posted by deere2140 View Post
    JD 6000 series . Game changer for Deere , game over for all the opposition .
    The head gasket industry never looked back .

If I ever set eyes on a 6800 again, it will be 1,000,000 years too soon.

mbsrhol

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I d have to agree I d say 6310 is best tractor we have had. As Deere2140 has said the 6000 series was such a huge improvement and better than anything else at the time. Perhaps why we get so excited about the launch of new ranges now but often not much has changed. Wonder if a manufacturer will ever develop a completely new range again thats so far ahead of the competition?
    :lolk::lolk::lolk:

They may have been good, but they may have never have happened if Case IH hadn't stole a march on them with the Maxxum.