Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Horse stable kits

  1. #1
    wavey dave
    Guest

    Horse stable kits

    an anyone reccomend a supplier of horse stable kits or even give me a ball park figure of how much i should be lloking to pay.

    we need a 2 stable and 1 tack room block.
    i've seen them as little as 1800 up to over 3000.
    Bit concerned that the cheap ones might be too cheap.

    this is what i've seen at first glance
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-x-12-wo...item4ab119f3b0
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Sta...item4abe578c3f

  2. #2
    henry
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    We have used these people for internal stables. Very helpful and good quality. Built to last.

    http://www.valestables.com

  3. #3
    J_B
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    A friend of mine runs 'Smith's Sectional Buildings'

    May be worth a call

    http://www.smithssectionalbuildings.co.uk/

  4. #4
    Jungle Bill
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    We put these in over 20 years ago and are still as good as new, they have needed revarnished once and 6 plastic bushes on door stops.
    http://www.loddon.co.uk/horse-products/stables/ascot/

  5. #5
    Big Vern
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by wavey dave View Post
    an anyone reccomend a supplier of horse stable kits or even give me a ball park figure of how much i should be lloking to pay.

    we need a 2 stable and 1 tack room block.
    i've seen them as little as 1800 up to over 3000.
    Bit concerned that the cheap ones might be too cheap.

    this is what i've seen at first glance
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-x-12-wo...item4ab119f3b0
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Sta...item4abe578c3f
    dont be tempted to get one or more of those so called mobile feild shelter things.... they are IMO pants.... the skids dont skid, they are a right royal pain in the arse to move. horsey freinds of our lass have several in paddocks numerous.. i have been and moved a few with a tractor and chains, a tractor and ropes, i even tried using the telehandler to lift te front edge so they slide better... they dont al they do is dig a big hole, then the panels start popping if you tug them to hard... and if the "owner" hasnt skipped em out the mound of crap inside wont just " slide out under the gap at the back......" yeah go on go on your all right its coming.... crack...................

    if you know some half decent with timber you can wang up a half handy hay shed/tack room and stavble for less than some will charge you for a "lean too" with sides and a stable door... and it will be up how you want it, not how they want it.

  6. #6
    Deereone
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    dont be tempted to get one or more of those so called mobile feild shelter things.... they are IMO pants.... the skids dont skid, they are a right royal pain in the arse to move. horsey freinds of our lass have several in paddocks numerous.. i have been and moved a few with a tractor and chains, a tractor and ropes, i even tried using the telehandler to lift te front edge so they slide better... they dont al they do is dig a big hole, then the panels start popping if you tug them to hard... and if the "owner" hasnt skipped em out the mound of crap inside wont just " slide out under the gap at the back......" yeah go on go on your all right its coming.... crack...................

    if you know some half decent with timber you can wang up a half handy hay shed/tack room and stavble for less than some will charge you for a "lean too" with sides and a stable door... and it will be up how you want it, not how they want it.
    I think the skids are only there to overcome planning regs. You're not supposed to use them

  7. #7
    rogerm
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    we've used these

    http://www.regalstables.co.uk/

    cheap & cheerful, my Mrs is satisfied with them

  8. #8
    Derky
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by Deereone View Post
    I think the skids are only there to overcome planning regs. You're not supposed to use them
    Precisely

  9. #9
    Big Vern
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    well thats a bloody daft idea then saying they are movable...
    keeps me in cider tokens though moving em... and in our lasses good book..

  10. #10
    Derky
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    well thats a bloody daft idea then saying they are movable...
    keeps me in cider tokens though moving em... and in our lasses good book..
    The bulk of people have them arrive, throw hard standing around and thats where they stay. Only if the planners get involved do you show them the movable bits. A more movable stable is a horse lorry

  11. #11
    Dry Rot
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    I got two timber stables and a tack room "free to uplift". There really isn't much to them. 6"x 0.5" timber boards on 2"x3" timber framing that any competent DIYer could knock up. I was surprised at how lightly they are constructed! Yes, half inch board, but a thick double door on the tack room with multiple bolts and locks when it would be easier to go through the wall.

  12. #12
    wavey dave
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerm View Post
    we've used these

    http://www.regalstables.co.uk/

    cheap & cheerful, my Mrs is satisfied with them
    Thanks.
    They seem reasonable. Nice to see actual prices on a website.
    delivery and fitting isn't dear either

  13. #13
    Big Vern
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by Derky View Post
    The bulk of people have them arrive, throw hard standing around and thats where they stay. Only if the planners get involved do you show them the movable bits. A more movable stable is a horse lorry

    haha half the people i know with them cant even afford the horse (s) they have and all the guff that goes with them let alone proper hard standing, a wheel barrow and summat to pick up the shite..... man if people could asee the crap some folk keep near horses...... if it was a beef animal or a pig folk would be up in arms...

  14. #14
    rogerm
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    Quote Originally Posted by wavey dave View Post
    Thanks.
    They seem reasonable. Nice to see actual prices on a website.
    delivery and fitting isn't dear either
    they are on skids, but I haven't tried to move them !

    we have them in a temporary position to keep her happy for now
    I will dismantle them before moving to a permanent base on a course of bricks

  15. #15
    Dry Rot
    Guest

    Re: Horse stable kits

    If anyone is interested, I've a sequence of pictures showing the reconstruction of my "free to uplift" stables and also a field shelter. I did all the work myself without help and I'm 72 so if I can do it, anyone can!

    http://www.morrichhighlandponies.co.uk/newprojects.htm

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    1

    Re: Horse stable kits

    I would like to recommend http://www.stablesonline.co.uk who offer a range of internal and external stable options.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •