Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 year old filling the diet feeder

mud6920s

6 year old filling the diet feeder

Say what you will but I think this is amazing

[YOUTUBE]yknTDDjHZio[/YOUTUBE]

JohnDeere8530

Re: 6 year old filling the diet feeder

haha I love it, good on him, such control......... However I suspect I think I know the way this thread will end up going once the self righteous get involved

cormywormy

He is being trained in early anyways.....fair clean face on the pit aswell

deere2140

Only another 6 years and it'll be the wee one responsible for any accident , rather than his parents or guardian .

mud6920s

Quote Originally Posted by deere2140 View Post
    Only another 6 years and it'll be the wee one responsible for any accident , rather than his parents or guardian .
    True and just another 12 years and he can get wasted on alcohol,
    life's short,live it

deere2140

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Hopper View Post
    True and just another 12 years and he can get wasted on alcohol,
    life's short,live it
    Thanks for that , I'll pass the message onto my brother in law . He's in a wheelchair following a handler accident . What's the wee man like at stirring slurry?

mud6920s

Thanks for that , I'll pass the message onto my brother in law . He's in a wheelchair following a handler accident . What's the wee man like at stirring slurry?
    Accidents will happen as they did in your brother in laws case,free choice for everyone,if that 6yr olds parents want it so be it,personally I wont judge them but I applaud the young lad

Have to learn sometime,next they'll ban learning to walk till 5yrs old

peterraugland

I like how he revs up to accelerate into the grass. experience.

Whats the accident statistics saying regarding 6yo drivers? Bet its pretty low.

deere2140

if that 6yr olds parents want it so be it,personally I wont judge
    No its not a free choice , it's the law , end of .

valtraman

very impressive,but a recipe for disaster if ever there was one.

mud6920s

No its not a free choice , it's the law , end of .
    You have never broken it.......fair play

deere2140

You have never broken it.......fair play
    Well I've not let my 6 year old son drive a tractor or handler . I've no doubt he'd be good at it , but I'd have a hard time justifying myself to his mother if anything happenend .
    Anyway , I'm away before the thread closes ( which it soon will ) .Stay safe .

JohnDeere8530

Come on get real........... what is the worse that could happen at those speeds, a bit of damage to the diet feeder? Looks to me as if done in controlled conditions with adults nearby.

For all we know it could have a wireless kill switch on it as I have on my child's motorbike. There are many too quick to judge nowadays is my reckoning.

Bet he's the coolest kid in his class at school, as was my boy when he turned up to school driving a quad [I have land that boarders around 2 sides of the school]

part_timer

Quote Originally Posted by valtraman View Post
    very impressive,but a recipe for disaster if ever there was one.
    You've read my mind...

DM

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere8530 View Post
    Come on get real........... what is the worse that could happen at those speeds, a bit of damage to the diet feeder? Looks to me as if done in controlled conditions with adults nearby.

For all we know it could have a wireless kill switch on it as I have on my child's motorbike. There are many too quick to judge nowadays is my reckoning.

Bet he's the coolest kid in his class at school, as was my boy when he turned up to school driving a quad [I have land that boarders around 2 sides of the school]

Worst that can happen at those speeds is if he then thinks he can do it no bother, gets cocky and next time dad might not be there when he decides to jump in and have a shot.

The fact there is no glass in the lower part of the cab door shows the mentality of his parents. If they don't think that's worth having then I somehow doub't they've gone to the effort of fitting a wireless kill switch

Definitely be the coolest kid if he ends up six feet under.

4wd

He isn't really operating the pedals properly as he has to slide off the seat and stand on them - so you do wonder about it lurching away with him and a ton of silage held too high.
    It would be less concerning if someone was in the cab with him.

We've all had minor incidents where something daft happens like catching your sleeve on a lever - that's when a six year old is going to be at risk.

Tha Ulsterscot

Don't mind kids learning early, but we started off steering the tractor while the old man loaded bales, and progressed up. I was ploughing by the time I was 9, Still think that a tele handler is no place for a 6 year old though , Hope the H&S gestapo can't identify them or they may live to regret the video.

Mayo

Jesus H Christ.

deere2140

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    Jesus H Christ.
    He'll get to meet the child soon enough

fred

this is so wrong I am flabbergasted that any one could condone it, there are too many deaths on farms and letting a 6 Year loose with loader beggars belief,

Every on e on this forum involved in farming knows someone who has been killed on a farm , why on earth would you increase that risk by using a child .

It is not cool or clever JUST VERY WRONG ! the men in the yard letting him do it want there heads testing

Yes I am judgmental but we are in a dangerous industry , I'm surprised that any one in Ireland after the deaths of the 3 farmers in the slurry pit would take any risk especially with a child , imagine havving to tell his mother he killed or injured someone Accidentally

kelburn

As far as entertainment's concerned that's probably the best video I've seen.

However a telehandler is no place for a 6 year old, H&S will have a field day.

I learned to drive on a 135 and I must have been about 10 when first let loose myself, back then that was the norm.

Mind you machinery is a lot larger now.

Zetor

I cant believe any parent would let a 6 year old drive anything let alone a handler.
    And how irresponsible to post it on the Internet.

Shame on them!!

Mayo

I do think we have to ask some quite pertinent questions about yourselves and our industry if people seem to think this is a-o-k.

I mean, can't 6 year olds just be 6 year olds, and enjoy being children away from harm, or do you have to indoctrinate them early or something?

I have lost count of the number of complaints and comments about how over-zealous the HSE seem to be and maybe some of that is justified, but then you see clips like this where people seem totally oblivious to the risks or are otherwise out looking for a Darwin award.

NeilO

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ulsterscot View Post
    Don't mind kids learning early, but we started off steering the tractor while the old man loaded bales, and progressed up. I was ploughing by the time I was 9, Still think that a tele handler is no place for a 6 year old though , Hope the H&S gestapo can't identify them or they may live to regret the video.
    I started off having a drive in the middle of the field, on an old grey Fergie with a tractor box on. It's a long, long way from a 100hp+ telehandler with a couple of ton on the end of a boom.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone (not meaning you Tha Ultrascot) feels that they can defend this little fella's parents. Tw*ts.

I was looking to see how they had hidden the real driver from view.

robbie c

my saturday job at home was scraping the cows out at 8,
    topping paddocks at 10, and started milking on my own,
    pushed up the silage at 12 with a 50b and even worked the jf900 for 2 days,
    not a thing was though of it, neighbours were around the same age,
    a lot of kids i grew up with were from a farming backround and everyone else much the same,
    that was 20yrs ago,
    nowadays i think a lot of kids are more distant from the whole on goings on the farm (not them all but a lot) and are in their teens before their even allowed in the gate,mammy works and perhaps not from the country and less understanding,less farmers also so less farmers kids in school, in my class of 25 there was 15 from a farming backround,
    some kids learn and have more of an interest than others..
    i lived and breathed farming from before i was able to walk.....

Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by robbie c View Post
    my saturday job at home was scraping the cows out at 8,
    topping paddocks at 10, and started milking on my own,
    pushed up the silage at 12 with a 50b and even worked the jf900 for 2 days,
    not a thing was though of it, neighbours were around the same age,
    not kids i grew up with were from a farming backround and everyone eas much the same,
    that was 20yrs ago,
    nowadays i think a lot of kids are more distant from the whole on goings on the farm (not them all but a lot) and are in their teens before their even allowed in the gate,mammy works and perhaps not from the country and less understanding,less farmers also so less farmers kids in scholl, in my class of 25 there was 15 from a farming backround,
    some kids learn and have more of an interest than others..
    i lived and breathed farming from before i was able to walk.....
    People were killed or maimed in those days, and continue to be killed and maimed.

What is your point?

robbie c

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    People were killed or maimed in those days, and continue to be killed and maimed.

What is your point?
    right 6 is a bit young i agree,
    but i do think some people leave it till there kids are to old to try and get them involved , by then their in their teens perhaps no interest,(might be what they want) and you wouldnt let some of them work a wheel barrow(not that they feckon would either,

johnny400

Its impressive what the kid can do BUT...a telehandler is no place for a 6 year old even under supervision imo. Hope the keys are hidden from now on as the wee boy is going to want to have a go whenever he feels like.

giles1

Not judging either way,but how many 5-6 year olds ride ponies and are they in more or less danger than the lad in the video?

robbie c

Quote Originally Posted by giles1 View Post
    Not judging either way,but how many 5-6 year olds ride ponies and are they in more or less danger than the lad in the video?
    good point, or let lose on a 50cc quad around a green in a housing estate,
    lock your kids up till their 18...
    daughters 25 for other reasons..:lolk: