Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westfalia 20/40 Milking Parlour

scoobyscotlad

Re: Westfalia 20/40 Milking Parlour

We would start at 8.30am, stop for a late luch 3pm`ish,work to 10pm.
    Digital photos and all labelled.A couple of stints Mon-Thurs,back up the road with a trailer full.

The only input from local engineer was disconnecting main electrical board.
    All removed and re fitted by ourselves.
    An experience.
    But enjoyable to use the end product.

Red Bull

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyscotlad View Post
    We would start at 8.30am, stop for a late luch 3pm`ish,work to 10pm.
    Digital photos and all labelled.A couple of stints Mon-Thurs,back up the road with a trailer full.

The only input from local engineer was disconnecting main electrical board.
    All removed and re fitted by ourselves.
    An experience.
    But enjoyable to use the end product.
    I don't envy you the job of refitting, there's some serious amount of wiring gone into ours, cost approx 10k to refit but all new wire used.

scoobyscotlad

The first milking 3 years past in April...

iron150

We took out a westfalia 20/20 in two days, 2 of us and one dairy engineer, long days, but not two bad,meeters and feeders and everything else, took a bit longer for him to put it back together, anyone tried to lift one complete on ar artic and off you go?

scoobyscotlad

That was done locally, which gave us the idea to source one of our own.
    A 20/40 cut in two(wires and all!), a bogey set up fabricated and 2 halves wheeled out and onto an artic.

big_phil

Wink Re: Westfalia 20/40 Milking Parlour

red bull quicker than you scotlad !!

FarmerStan

I will get some pics up soon! Honestly!

BigW

I was speaking to a dairy engineer about relocating a parlour the same size as yours and he reckoned around 25-35k to do it. A new delaval 24/48 with no feeding or acrs would be around 55k installed. Hope that helps a bit with you putting a figure on it, who ever bought it would really need to do alot of it themselves to make it stack up.

scoobyscotlad

Quote Originally Posted by BigW View Post
    I was speaking to a dairy engineer about relocating a parlour the same size as yours and he reckoned around 25-35k to do it. A new delaval 24/48 with no feeding or acrs would be around 55k installed. Hope that helps a bit with you putting a figure on it, who ever bought it would really need to do alot of it themselves to make it stack up.
    Very true.Our 15k quote was removal only.

BewareoftheBull

that wasn't Mathers was it? was enquiring about a 20/40 today near gretna

darkness

25k-35k to remove and re-fit a parlour? Am I missing something or is that a shocking price?

BigW

They reckon it will cost 20k to install a new one so by the time the old one is taken out and parts replaced it probably will add up to about 35k. Seems pretty dear and a secondhand parlour would need to cost very little to see any cost savings in my opinion.

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    25k-35k to remove and re-fit a parlour? Am I missing something or is that a shocking price?
    Definitely a shocking price!

Depends on the parlour a bit though I guess.
    Ours has virtually nothing attached into the floor - it's all suspended via RSJ's in the roof - so easy to remove.
    I would have though a couple of good blokes would have had a fair go at it in a day!

I was thinking of taking it apart myself for the 20k figure.

Will probably reduce quite a bit to sell it as it stands!

Cowabunga

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerStan View Post
    Hope it is the 'far more' you mention.

I was thinking 20k!
    Way over the top. As others have said, the cost of dismantling, delivery and re-assembly makes the savings marginal unless the unit is very sensibly priced.

About 6k would be my estimate and I am still not interested as it is too far away for that price and there's not much included really in terms of equipment.

Yes, I am looking for a bigger milking parlour for a nicer work environment and shorter hours.

FarmerStan

Attachment 37278

Attachment 37279

Attachment 37280

Attachment 37281

Pictures at last!!

Excuse all the junk in and around - if there is a space, we always seem to put something in it!! :lolk:

FarmerStan

MF6485

I'd say not more than 5k. If it had metatrons, electronic flow meters, westfalia feeders and mangers and most of all curved rump rails, it would be a different story. I think the straight rump rails would be the biggest downer.

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by MF6485 View Post
    I'd say not more than 5k. If it had metatrons, electronic flow meters, westfalia feeders and mangers and most of all curved rump rails, it would be a different story. I think the straight rump rails would be the biggest downer.
    Why is straight rump rails a downer?!
    We always found it an advantage! Different sized cows all just push each other up and in. Helped when we switched to jerseys and had 26 in each side!

iron150

I will agree, the old style acr,it will not be worth more than 200 a point, and a 1000 for the rest

QUOTE=MF6485;1048850]I'd say not more than 5k. If it had metatrons, electronic flow meters, westfalia feeders and mangers and most of all curved rump rails, it would be a different story. I think the straight rump rails would be the biggest downer. [/QUOTE]

FarmerStan

5k does seem to be everybody's opinion - so can't be far wrong.

I'm certainly not selling for that though.
    At that price I might as well keep it on the off chance in case we ever milk again!

Milverton

I bought a second hand Westfalia 12/24. Removed it ourselves in about 2 days. Had it reinstalled professionally with all new wiring and pipework. It cost no less than we were quoted for a new setup. plus its taken us 3 years to get it how we want.

We used our existing feeders, stall work and vacuum pump. so have the curved stall work, milk pump, vac pump available for sale!

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by Milverton View Post
    I bought a second hand Westfalia 12/24. Removed it ourselves in about 2 days. Had it reinstalled professionally with all new wiring and pipework. It cost no less than we were quoted for a new setup. plus its taken us 3 years to get it how we want.

We used our existing feeders, stall work and vacuum pump. so have the curved stall work, milk pump, vac pump available for sale!
    Do you mind telling us what you paid for it? And what spec etc?

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by Milverton View Post

Just reading this again.....

You had new wiring and pipework....
    Used your existing feeders, pumps and stalls.......

What did you buy it for?!

Milverton

Mostly for the metatrons and swing-over arms. C21 program and computer. We used the direct to line milk line. did plan to use the stallwork too but couldn't see that it was worth the effort in the end. Cost 6000.