Thread: What am i missing?

Against_the_grain

What am i missing?

I am running a trimble fm750 on rtk.
    I am using it for steering the drill and sprayer and obviously using the coverage to help see where i have been etc...

The idea with the steering is to permanantly keep the spraying (24)m tramilines in the same place and reduce overlap.

I am currently not recording with the fmx although i will next year, (but need a gatekeeper unlock to download data???).

The reduction in overlaps will pay for the system in a few years but how can i maximise the system i have now?

philtempleton

Re: What am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Against_the_grain View Post
    I am running a trimble fm750 on rtk.
    I am using it for steering the drill and sprayer and obviously using the coverage to help see where i have been etc...

The idea with the steering is to permanantly keep the spraying (24)m tramilines in the same place and reduce overlap.

I am currently not recording with the fmx although i will next year, (but need a gatekeeper unlock to download data???).

The reduction in overlaps will pay for the system in a few years but how can i maximise the system i have now?
    Download Farm Works View to read in and store your data, and print off records/map data. It's free. If you decide to buy the full version it will all restore into it no problems, with extra functionality and data.

http://www.farmworks.com/uk/products/view

Robert Ramsay

Use the system to keep making all your cultivations as efficient as you can.
    Consider skiping a pass so that you do not need to reverse and shunt at the ends.
    Make sure you are not working uphill on the steepest part of the field.
    Consider controlled traffic.
    Move system onto combine to maximise combine efficiency and stop wasting time making large breaks at the ends.
    Get field IQ and minimise spray overlaps.

That will do for a start.

Against_the_grain

Thanks

I am using it to reduce overlaps at the moment, and skipping runs etc, and that has saved input cost already for sure. On a side note its incredible how much mess tired we all feel at the end of the day too.

The idea i have is to keep all permanent tramlines in the same place from now on.

I suppose auto shut off is the next step but its expensive?

Variable rate P+K dont really appeal to me.

I suppose as soon as a tractor goes in a field it should be recording its job, which could then be downloaded to gatekeeper so everything is traceable.

Just dont feel like i am getting the MOST from it atm. Is there a demo of what it can do online anywhere?