Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exceptional cab condition

bowl

Re: Exceptional cab condition

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The string is behind the seat! Seriously I don t think a tractor will be worth anymore when it's traded in if it's been polished and the cab kept shining. A tractor valeter at dealer will tidy them up in no time. Dents and bashes are another matter though. More important to keep them greased and serviced properly. This one will be tidied up. Hasn t been a season for keeping machinery and cabs clean. Hasn't t been many days this year I haven t went to work wearing wellies. What's the silage tape for sleepy? Only use it when wrapping silage.
    most dealers look in the cab first paintwork can be tarted up bit once that grime is in the linings thats it our local chap recks if an operator takes time to keep cab summat like likely he pull the dipstick and throw bit grease at it nomw and again

crazy frog

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    This must be an arable farm phenomenon? Certainly like to keep it reasonably clean but there is a limit when you are jumping in and out in a mixed animal poo and mud environment.
    here here

crazy

crazy frog

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Burner View Post
    From a workers view - Try to keep the cab as clean as posible mainly in the summer but come winter in and out all the time and its never as clean but it only takes and hour to give it a good clean and jobs a good un. Easy enuff to keep it clean once your back on top of it. A brush out of the floor each night or morning it not hard.

Always treat it like its your own

p.s dont get me started on a smokers tractor stale stinking bowk hate it!!!
    be jesus your boss needs to set you more work in a day!!!

crazy:kiss:

Diesel Burner

Quote Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
    be jesus your boss needs to set you more work in a day!!!

crazy:kiss:
    There will be more work done here by 8am than you will do by dinner time crazy

Advantage of stayin on the place you can always nip over the road on a quiet weeked and do a bit tlc were as you park the old junker deere up and run home

James T

I think DB's boss is lucky to have someone who respects his machinery. Ive seen the state of your kit Crazy................rough.com

spotty_dog

I have 2 points to make:

I hate oil/grease/muck on the controls in any cab so i have a pair of gloves in the cab of EVERY one of my machines and put them on to do just about everything when i'm out of the cab.

Air con makes me drowsy on a long day in a cab and i find opening a cab side window very refreshing. I even open the door on the combine depending on the direction of the dust.
    I expect this last revelation shocks and disgusts some people :lolk:

davidroberts30

Quote Originally Posted by spotty_dog View Post
    I have 2 points to make:

Air con makes me drowsy on a long day in a cab and i find opening a cab side window very refreshing. I even open the door on the combine depending on the direction of the dust.
    I expect this last revelation shocks and disgusts some people :lolk:
    WHAT!!
    YOU OPEN THE DOOR!!

i got no door to open

crazy frog

Quote Originally Posted by James T View Post
    I think DB's boss is lucky to have someone who respects his machinery. Ive seen the state of your kit Crazy................rough.com
    cheeky sh1t!!

crazy

crazy frog

There will be more work done here by 8am than you will do by dinner time crazy

Advantage of stayin on the place you can always nip over the road on a quiet weeked and do a bit tlc were as you park the old junker deere up and run home

yep i have a life with three kids db !!
    and three dogs much more interesting that polishing my cab floor pmsl

crazy

ps keep it nice or someone will think we hate each other lol XX

spotty_dog

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    WHAT!!
    YOU OPEN THE DOOR!!

i got no door to open

You got me there David.

Fergieman

From a workers view - Try to keep the cab as clean as posible mainly in the summer but come winter in and out all the time and its never as clean but it only takes and hour to give it a good clean and jobs a good un. Easy enuff to keep it clean once your back on top of it. A brush out of the floor each night or morning it not hard.

Always treat it like its your own

p.s dont get me started on a smokers tractor stale stinking bowk hate it!!!

This cab has done about 4600hrs now. Does plenty mucking out through the winter. As DB says its not hard to brush out and keep in a reasonable conditio. Our old runabout 6290's still clean up well.

Always creates a good impression when you go to a job with a nice clean tractor and machine.

gone up the hill

Quote Originally Posted by Fergieman View Post
    This cab has done about 4600hrs now. Does plenty mucking out through the winter. As DB says its not hard to brush out and keep in a reasonable conditio. Our old runabout 6290's still clean up well.

Always creates a good impression when you go to a job with a nice clean tractor and machine.
    +1

The cab is your office and only takes a few mins a day to ensure a healthy/pleasant working environment,

My JD has done 4400 hrs and whilst it doesnt have a carpet on the floor i would have to say it is slightly cleaner than your Massey

( Most of the dust comes from the floor, if you keep the floor clean your 2/3rds of the way towards a dust free cab )

bowl

Quote Originally Posted by gone up the hill View Post
    +1

The cab is your office and only takes a few mins a day to ensure a healthy/pleasant working environment,

My JD has done 4400 hrs and whilst it doesnt have a carpet on the floor i would have to say it is slightly cleaner than your Massey

( Most of the dust comes from the floor, if you keep the floor clean your 2/3rds of the way towards a dust free cab )
    open bak window and take both doors off shouldnt ave worry bowt dust yhen

Courier

[QUOTE=gone up the hill;1061648]+1

QUOTE]

You ain't seen my office

richardyoung

Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post
    You ain't seen my office
    I would post a picture of mine, but I lost the camera in it a week ago.

Cab is definately tidier than the office, post man doesn't keep filling it with crap.

crazy frog

Quote Originally Posted by Fergieman View Post

you are of course correct fergieman!!

but im sure theres a dog hair just to the right of the badge on the mat!!!

shame on you db

crazy:lolk::kiss:

jack_c

In my opinion if buying a second hand tractor you can tell what sort of operator had it previously by the cab condition,

It really annoys me when I see a tractor with lumps out of the arm rests and large tears in seat cloth or lever handles/buttons missing,

Some cabs are easily cleaned up, but others that just haven't been cared for never look right!

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by jack_c View Post
    In my opinion if buying a second hand tractor you can tell what sort of operator had it previously by the cab condition,

It really annoys me when I see a tractor with lumps out of the arm rests and large tears in seat cloth or lever handles/buttons missing,

Some cabs are easily cleaned up, but others that just haven't been cared for never look right!
    Surely all the things you mention like lumps out of arm rests and levers buttons missing could be replaced by dealer when they sell them on? You are right though how the cab is looked after will reflect on how the tractor is looked after in general.

Welcome to the BFF by the way.

Courier

Quote Originally Posted by richardyoung View Post
    I would post a picture of mine, but I lost the camera in it a week ago.

Cab is definately tidier than the office, post man doesn't keep filling it with crap.

I fill one of these twice a week but it doesn't seem to get any better. :cry:

gone up the hill

[QUOTE=Courier;1062196]
    Quote Originally Posted by gone up the hill View Post
    +1

QUOTE]

You ain't seen my office
    :lolk: well the most important thing in the office is the bin for all the useless crap the postman puts thru the letterbox

On a more serious note, the better conditon the cab the better the tractor is looked after and the more it is worth when you sell it on...

GMW

My mate used to work on Ford tractors for a local cement works in the early 90s. Every job started by chiselling inches of concrete inside and out!. They were apparently fairly new tractors at the time but they all had the windows missing to stop concrete dust sticking.

jack_c

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Surely all the things you mention like lumps out of arm rests and levers buttons missing could be replaced by dealer when they sell them on? You are right though how the cab is looked after will reflect on how the tractor is looked after in general.

Welcome to the BFF by the way.
    Thanks,

Finally got a Uni email address I can use :lolk:

This is true, but I often wonder how some people can be so rough with a machine for it to happen in the first place,

I was told that one of the workers belonging to a local contractor managed to break the dynashift T bar off his 5475... how that happened is beyond me,

Gerbert

Quote Originally Posted by jack_c View Post
    I was told that one of the workers belonging to a local contractor managed to break the dynashift T bar off his 5475... how that happened is beyond me,
    I can easily relate to that. I drove one, without instructions, only knew what I had briefly red in magazines. What idiot thought it would be nice to name the gears 1234 and the powershift abcd

jack_c

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert View Post
    I can easily relate to that. I drove one, without instructions, only knew what I had briefly red in magazines. What idiot thought it would be nice to name the gears 1234 and the powershift abcd
    These were men who were frequently driving the machine though, so would have known the ins and outs of the tractor

Chae

Gears are normally numbered 1234 in my experience. Have you been smoking something!?

James

still doesn't explain how the lever was broke off tho!

whats anybody recon is the best stuff to keep in a squirty bottle to clean windows with??

Windowlene

Have been using Auto Glym Fast Glass for cleaning if I have time go over with their glass polish. The Auto Glym Aqua Wax is also decent stuff as can nip over the windows with it when doing the panel work and helps the water bead.

Mr Muscle glass cleaner for the inside.