Thread: Slurry storage survey

4wd

Slurry storage survey

Anyone else had someone ring up about this.
    Major 'box ticking' exercise, designed to show how caring and environmentally aware the powers that be think they are.
    Predictable idiotic questions asked about 10 times in slightly different ways.

It would help if the monkeys on the other end actually understood the first thing about what they were asking questions about.
    For example it was apparently incomprehensible that a concrete slurry store did not need to checked annually for pitting of enamel.

And they seem curiously obsessed with the possibility of 'burrowing animals' somehow weakening the structure.
    (another Q designed for a different type of store but by then I had almost lost the will to live)

causeway cowboy

Re: Slurry storage survey

You get them idiots all over the show! There a major push at the minute with the HSE. Nieghbour had a visit and had his round baler stripped for washing after the "expert" had viewed it he says "that your dung spreader?"

Accidental_Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by causeway cowboy View Post
    You get them idiots all over the show! There a major push at the minute with the HSE. Nieghbour had a visit and had his round baler stripped for washing after the "expert" had viewed it he says "that your dung spreader?"
    Had a visit from health and safety too. We seem to have been fortunate, not much to do...
    Guy had good look but didnt seem to be one of those guys out to get you, if you know what i mean

davy_g

Im afraid I wouldnt answer any questions over the phone as i couldnt trust who I was speaking to.
    They should make an appointment and come and come and identify themselves. Not that I want to see any of them on my property either.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by davy_g View Post
    Im afraid I wouldnt answer any questions over the phone as i couldnt trust who I was speaking to.
    They should make an appointment and come and come and identify themselves. Not that I want to see any of them on my property either.
    +1 a million times over.

Who were you speaking to 4wd?
    Burrowing animals? Badger Trust A/R supporters?

Probably not in your part of the world, but ......

4wd

No there was a letter about it weeks ago, it was a genuine Environment Agency survey.

lordbonville

Had the same. Got a bit shirty with the poor lad when he kept asking minor variations of the same irrelevant questions over and over again.
    Told him to report back to his boss what a crap questionnaire they had devised.

Fergieman

Had the same here. With our new slurry store being in use for about 2 months all the questions were abit irrelevant. The girl knew my answers after a few questions, N/A new store! complete waste of time.