Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kane Trailers

306neil

Kane Trailers

Looking at Lowloader trailers, what are Kane like ? Seen triaxle advertised locally as "shop soiled".
    To carry 13 tonne excavator, temporary roadway & buckets.
    Any things to worry about with this make compared to other manufactures ?

Thanks for any comments

James

Re: Kane Trailers

borrowed a tri axle one earlier this yr to shift a digger seemed to handle it no bother pulled well behind tractor

neighbouring contractor that runs all kane silage trailers runs a herron (iirc) low loader also tri axle for digger, trencher and bale cart so make of that what you will

tbh can't see it being a bad trailer

BAC

Don't buy herbst!!!

multi power

kane are among the best trailer i have ever used

Rob Holmes

DaveJ

Who would sell Kane in Mid Wales/Shropshire?

Rob Holmes

i bet Pyketts would do you a deal

Red Bull

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    Who would sell Kane in Mid Wales/Shropshire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Holmes View Post
    see above

Red Bull

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Don't buy herbst!!!
    Why

BAC

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    Why
    ours is 12 months old, the floor is knackered already, where the water has flicked up off the wheels onto the underside of the floor, it was rotted through and weight of machines has destroyed it, why can't they make a full mud/splash guard underneath the floor

the lights basically don't work!! always having to mess with them to get them to work

the brakes can not actually be adjusted!! one axle will always brake harder than the others! we have messed with them for hours and still can't get them right.

mate of mine has a twin axle one, the ramps were shit from the day it was bought, 2nd time a 13 tonner went onto it, it peeled the steel up from off the ramp, it went back to herbst and whilst there was modified to allow a mini digger to be tracked onto it. modified meaning having a tiny bit of tin welded on which could be bent with your foot! and instead of respraying the ramps, they brushed a bit of paint on which was completely the wrong colour

it has a toolbox on which catches the rear tyres everytime you turn meaning you rip your tyres to shreds!

look at kane in future!

villainous_cretin

ours is 12 months old, the floor is knackered already, where the water has flicked up off the wheels onto the underside of the floor, it was rotted through and weight of machines has destroyed it, why can't they make a full mud/splash guard underneath the floor

the lights basically don't work!! always having to mess with them to get them to work

the brakes can not actually be adjusted!! one axle will always brake harder than the others! we have messed with them for hours and still can't get them right.

mate of mine has a twin axle one, the ramps were shit from the day it was bought, 2nd time a 13 tonner went onto it, it peeled the steel up from off the ramp, it went back to herbst and whilst there was modified to allow a mini digger to be tracked onto it. modified meaning having a tiny bit of tin welded on which could be bent with your foot! and instead of respraying the ramps, they brushed a bit of paint on which was completely the wrong colour

it has a toolbox on which catches the rear tyres everytime you turn meaning you rip your tyres to shreds!

look at kane in future!
    I`ve been selling Herbst trailers to farmers and contractors for 10 years. I was more than suprised to read your view. I would recommend them to anyone.

FraserB

I know of a Herbst near to us, will be about 6-7 year old and its been no bother, thet use it for a 13 ton digger and straw/hay.

CORK

Lots of low loaders sold over ere during the boom. Cant say I ever saw a kane one. I find Cheiftan good. Dooley are the best Ive seen, not sure if they export.

Ad

look at kane in future!
    I have twin axle Herbst and it's a cracking trailer the only fault i have is the axles are just too far back but it is a far better trailer than my old tri axle Redrock, but then it has commercial axles with air, oil and load sensing.

john6900

NC are a nice trailer, very good ramps, very nice to pull, very gradual beavertail angle which is very nice for loading machines. Good steel in them too.

Charlie6930

Quote Originally Posted by 306neil View Post
    Looking at Lowloader trailers, what are Kane like ? Seen triaxle advertised locally as "shop soiled".
    To carry 13 tonne excavator, temporary roadway & buckets.
    Any things to worry about with this make compared to other manufactures ?

Thanks for any comments
    Country here is full of them.

http://www.kanetrailers.co.uk/low-loader-trailers-24

I would have one tomorrow if I could justify it. Phone Noel or Colin in the office and they will talk you through it. They shift diggers etc of their own with them on their own farms, so know what to build.

Don't think you will be disappointed.

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie6930 View Post
    Country here is full of them.

http://www.kanetrailers.co.uk/low-loader-trailers-24

I would have one tomorrow if I could justify it. Phone Noel or Colin in the office and they will talk you through it. They shift diggers etc of their own with them on their own farms, so know what to build.

Don't think you will be disappointed.
    OK Has anyone got a hyd beaver tail.
    I am looking for a trailer with air brakes for a 15 ton 360 digger and bale cart and potato boxs on road not field.
    The Kane looks good.
    Help please.

multi power

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    I am looking for a trailer with air brakes for a 15 ton 360 digger and bale cart and potato boxs on road not field.
    The Kane looks good.
    Help please.
    i hired a NC like that a few years ago, was a good trailer

Claas Grass

The Kane looks good.
    Help please.
    The contractor I work for has a tri axle NC 32ft with fold down flat ramps, its a great trailer very well built plenty of tying down points the fold down ramps are the business the only downside is the bottom of the rams scrape the ground if you are coming out of a steep site and they put the levers for the ramps 2 foot too far to the back you have to warn everyone who uses it for the first time not to be having a chin wag while unfolding them or they will get a ramp into the jaw.

Charlie6930

The Kane looks good.
    Help please.
    John,

I haven't got one, but would say it would cope well. The link below shows a hydraulic beaver tail with bale racks. Might give you an idea...

http://www.ggplantsales.co.uk/conten...ic-beaver-tail

Hope that helps

jd 6820

I also am a fan of Herbst we use a twin axle and it doesn't half get some stick, both as a plant trailer carrying a 13 tonner and a tracked trencher (15ton?) then when not carting plant is carrying bales in the field.

The ramps are still very good certainly no metal stripped off them and the lights have been upgraded to LED's so no troubles here, the ones in the beavertail however are still original and they are fine.

BAC

Quote Originally Posted by jd 6820 View Post
    I also am a fan of Herbst we use a twin axle and it doesn't half get some stick, both as a plant trailer carrying a 13 tonner and a tracked trencher (15ton?) then when not carting plant is carrying bales in the field.

The ramps are still very good certainly no metal stripped off them and the lights have been upgraded to LED's so no troubles here, the ones in the beavertail however are still original and they are fine.
    cheshire boys must just be rough

fergie35

The Kane looks good.
    Help please.

We have a 15ton stewart one, built like a tank and rides well behind 250hp Fastrac

HAM135

The Kane looks good.
    Help please.
    Google terra trailers,local to us and they build to order,they have a few out with hyd beavertail.

jamj

Couple of photos of Herbst with hydraulic back so that it can be used for bales etc. The outer frame remains fixed, with just the inside part lifting. We got two triangular wings made as the inside 'floor' was 3"(?) narrower at each side than the front part of the floor. They only need to be taken off when loading 13ton diggers, and possibly not needed for round bales either. We got them to support the edge of pallets.

fergie35

sorry about the size of that stewart pic didn't realise it was so big

honest john

I have had a good look around the links.
    I like the Kane Hyd Beaver Tail 24 ton the best.
    Should anyone want to Quote me please PM.
    We are close to Lamma so could deliver ex the show.

Not ruling the others out JPM etc etc.
    John.

Jack Russell

We have a JPM triaxle. They will build what you want, very flexible and relatively helpful. Just it is built to a price. The paint is what lets it down really but so long as it holds up then the saving in purchase price will pay for a full respray.

Gets used for 5 months of the year several times a day, pulled over long distance and across fields with 15 tonne of kit on it.

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    We have a JPM triaxle. They will build what you want, very flexible and relatively helpful. Just it is built to a price. The paint is what lets it down really but so long as it holds up then the saving in purchase price will pay for a full respray.

Gets used for 5 months of the year several times a day, pulled over long distance and across fields with 15 tonne of kit on it.
    Yes well priced tidy kit. I may end up with one. A few used about as well. Is yours spring or hyd ramp ?
    Our artic trailers are getting a bit old now so could due with a good flat bed. Air brakes etc.

Charlie6930

John,

Think the dearest dealer to you is Pykett Tractors if thats any use to you.

http://www.pykett-tractors.co.uk/index.php?p0=machinery