Thread: Fendt 720

Fendt 720

Anyone got a fendt 720??? How is it going? Let me know what it's like on fuel etc please

Re: Fendt 720

We have a 720 and a 724. I think they are great tractors. A few niggles (parking brake sensor and the head gasket went on the 724 just before harvest). Other than that they have been good. We run a trailed sprayer on the 720 and also use it for discing/cultivating. The 724 is on a Trio and is going well in the good conditions this year. Fuel wise I'm using about 14-16l/ha or 20-26l/h pulling a 3m trailed sumo at 12-14". We had an 828 on demo recently and their wasn't much between the 724 and 828. Although we only had it a couple of days.

What is the average fuel consumption on lighter work like fertiliser spreading?

We have a 720 SCR.
    It is difficult to give fuel consumption figures because it varies so much depending on the load. I had to drive the tractor 50 km for the first 50 h service. Fuel consumption was 17,5 l/h at 49,3 km/h average speed. Light work could be 12 l/h while the 720 can consume 30+ l/h.

So far we have had one sensor replaced (aux pump pressure sensor, bad sensor wiring) and the aux steering pump itself was changed as a factory recall. The auto steer valve is going to be changed, workshop says many of those Danfoss valves have started to misbehave.

Initially there were SCR related malfunctions (like "too low emissions") but those seem to have been fixed with engine ECU SW updates (two so far, in a year and a half).

The Vario terminal has had several software updates, still very recently it got new features that were missing while this Vario terminal has been launched already a few years ago (or was it even earlier).

Excluding these software bugs, the tractor has been doing well. So relaxing to drive once the headland management has been programmed, it also has RTK auto-steer.