Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    hampshire
    Posts
    51

    as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    I use this had it 2 years now . expensive

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Lenser...item48553df47b


    it is fantastic I even use it for rat shooting , need to buy another one now so does anyone use a better one

    tcf

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wotton under Edge
    Posts
    16

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    www.alpkit.com/gamma
    15
    One big light full or half and three smaller ones.
    Battery compartment is a bit fiddly. 3xAAA batteries

  3. #3
    Senior Member Huffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    319

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    FWIW I have used the Energiser head torches for many a yr . They are robust and I have about half a dozen now , Small enough to stick in your pocket and handy for looking in the bottom of nut boxes and in the corners of everything!!
    Last edited by Huffy; 20-09-13 at 01:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    urswick cumbria
    Posts
    40

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    anything cree and you cant go wrong really really bright and batteries last well too

  5. #5
    Senior Member davidroberts30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    pembrokeshire
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Quote Originally Posted by tcf View Post
    I use this had it 2 years now . expensive

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Lenser...item48553df47b


    it is fantastic I even use it for rat shooting , need to buy another one now so does anyone use a better one

    tcf
    if you buy then led lensers from a reputable dealer they have a lifetime warranty

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    60

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Led Lenser.
    Just sent one back to the maker due to a bad connection. About 3 days later a new one arrived in replacement. Can't get better than that.
    They really are an excellent torch.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    somerset now working in the real world
    Posts
    929

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Petzel mini, light enough (if you pardon the pun) and small enough to go in your coat pocket, good light good battery life, and you can angle the head,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

  8. #8
    Senior Member Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Devon
    Posts
    792

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    These - http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf...le-head-a-lite

    Are very good lights. 3 settings for brightness & you can tilt the head.
    Have used them for lamping rabbits & they have enough beam on the highest setting to take rabbits safely out to 100 yards.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    dorset
    Posts
    336

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    These - http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf...le-head-a-lite

    Are very good lights. 3 settings for brightness & you can tilt the head.
    Have used them for lamping rabbits & they have enough beam on the highest setting to take rabbits safely out to 100 yards.
    +1 for the clulite.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Clive Tee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    435

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    I've got/had 4 led lenser torches ranging from a tiny one through to one for lamping that's like a car headlight. The tiny one lasted about 2 weeks and the switch failed. Now the 2nd size up, great little torch (P7 or T7 I think) is starting to do the same after just over a year of "light" use. The P14 and the big one are still OK, hopefully. Maybe been just unlucky, but I certainly won't be buying any more led lenser torches or any product from them however good the beam is.
    Clive Tee

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Lincs
    Posts
    45

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    I know this doesn't relate to the OPs original post but it is a related question.

    Has anyone used a Lenser torch mounted on a semi-auto shotgun with any success?

    I'm thinking that by mounting the scope mount fitting directly to the barrel and at 90 degrees to the vertical it would still allow me to sight along the top.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    31

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    I work nights on Railway maintainance and alot of us have these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390608080743

    They are very good and hold a good charge, have 2 power settings and a flasher setting

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    60

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Tee View Post
    I've got/had 4 led lenser torches ranging from a tiny one through to one for lamping that's like a car headlight. The tiny one lasted about 2 weeks and the switch failed. Now the 2nd size up, great little torch (P7 or T7 I think) is starting to do the same after just over a year of "light" use. The P14 and the big one are still OK, hopefully. Maybe been just unlucky, but I certainly won't be buying any more led lenser torches or any product from them however good the beam is.
    Look on their website and print off the warranty form and they will swop them

  14. #14
    Senior Member daven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany (Northern Bavaria)
    Posts
    481

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    I've got several of these and like them real well... Would never pay that price for one tho (found a box of 8 in a dumpster behind a shopping center).... I like them because they take AAA batteries. They light up real nice in 3 stages and nice for chores and not as sharp as the cree led's (which are nice for distances)..

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Stre...amlight+septor
    Be your self and speak your mind. Them that matter won't mind and the others don't matter

  15. #15
    Member paddington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    78

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    We have his and hers' Petzls, used every night for getting the chucks and ducks to bed, checking on sheep, useful in the lambing barn and even walking down the lane at night to neighbours, they think we're mad anyway.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    60

    Re: as the nights draw in....... head tourches

    Quote Originally Posted by paddington View Post
    We have his and hers' Petzls, used every night for getting the chucks and ducks to bed, checking on sheep, useful in the lambing barn and even walking down the lane at night to neighbours, they think we're mad anyway.
    And collecting rubbish?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •